Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guesty

Caleb Okoli

Just now, Scotch said:

Fuchs I think but the one that stands out is Ayoze Perez. An ITK posted on here and by the next day I think it was done. 

We are either really secretive or secretly ashamed.

• Haha 2

It really feels like we are getting a few ducks in a row before announcing them all. Possibly Okoli, Fatawu, Ndidi, Golding.... maybe others at the same time? 

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

The exact fee is splitting hairs.

As for the priority, it's a safe assumption spending a pretty considerable fee first is more likely to be a priority than not.

It’s not a safe assumption, because you don’t know the fee and neither do you know how much we’ll spend total or who else we’ll sign. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Was an absolute monster on FM last year. Signed him more than a few times. 

I'd guess that the plan is 3 at the back, two wingbacks, 2 sitting midfielders and a striker with two inside forwards/#10s. 

I think Mavididi would suit that inside forward role as he's played as a striker but for me, Fatawu would be more suited to RWB. 

As for the CM, Ndidi or another no.6 with a DLP like Winks or someone like him. 

I like how much Fatawu will close down from the inside right position, but wouldn't have him routinely near the penalty area if we can help it!

I'd have 

Hermansen

Okoli Vestergaard Faes (Nelson/Coady)

Ricardo Ndidi Winks Justin (Kristiansen)

Fatawu Vardy Mavididi

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, TheGoldenGod said:

'We' may have done before, but in the past Cooper hasn't really played like that. Think someone mentioned about about using Johnson as a 2nd striker. Will be interesting to see, but if we don't use abdul considering 15m has just been dropped on him, that's a nightmare start.

He’s played a 3 4 1 2 and a 3 4 2 1 before. It’s not that much of a deviation.

we don't really have a no10 at the club though unless Alves starts to get 1st team games, so it feels like 343 would suit current squad better. That said. If we get Sara or another player like that then you never know. Our best assets last year were our two inverted wingers though, so would be a shame not to set up to exploit them. 

34 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Was an absolute monster on FM last year. Signed him more than a few times. 

I'd guess that the plan is 3 at the back, two wingbacks, 2 sitting midfielders and a striker with two inside forwards/#10s. 

I think Mavididi would suit that inside forward role as he's played as a striker but for me, Fatawu would be more suited to RWB. 

As for the CM, Ndidi or another no.6 with a DLP like Winks or someone like him. 

Annnnd, we're safe.

21 minutes ago, Scotch said:

It really feels like we are getting a few ducks in a row before announcing them all. Possibly Okoli, Fatawu, Ndidi, Golding.... maybe others at the same time? 

Last season we had most of the major signings in before pre-season started. Fatawu and Yunus were the exceptions, but that's because we were negotating for Rak-Sakyi at Palace before they decided to keep him. Mads came in not right away, but did come in fairly quickly.

So maybe we will ses similar this time round? Because of the Euros, the league starts one week later this time round, which is worth noting.

Would appear to be good physically so if we can develop his mental attributes and make him less of a plonker on the ball then should be good for a 40m move to West Ham or Brighton next year. 

Starting to wonder how many of Forest's excessive signings were driven by Cooper himself :huh: After all, you probably need a larger squad with a variety of player types in order to play many different styles.. 

1 hour ago, Dahnsouff said:

Have we ever had a transfer thread get started and be closed due to signing within half a day before?  :jawdrop:

If I recall correctly, the first anyone knew about Iborra was when someone posted a blurry photo of him doing his welcome photos at Belvoir Drive, then was announced either later that day or within 24 hours.

Posted (edited)

Only thing that bothers me is Atalanta seems to be a much better run outfit at present and that's a heck of a fee for a guy who probably wasn't going to play for them anytime soon.  But he also fits the description of the type of guy I think they'll need to have in order to survive. They need some steel - opposite of Faes and some others we've featured.

Edited by TeaMen Tom

Just now, Silva Fox said:

Already a Leicester player according to Wikipedia! :P

I’m gonna edit it and make it Coalville town 

• Haha 1