Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

World Football Thread 2024/25

• 2 weeks later...

Chelsea are playing Wrexham for a friendly this week at the Levi’s stadium in Santa Clara. I was gonna take my boy to watch just to see KDH and see what Enzo has up his sleeve for this season oh and the tickets are reasonably affordable unlike the copa America tickets. After this Enzo shitestorm I can’t be asked. The argies are a really weird bunch.

23 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I'd seen this and had come into this thread to post the same link.

Amazing story and I hope they do it... though there's a dark part of me which I'm keeping repressed that will be happy if they don't! lol

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ramboacdc said:

That's a real shame. Used to quite like Bordeaux as a little kid, watching Eurogoals. They had Zidane, Dugarry, Micoud. Had a really good side back in the mid 90s

• Like 1

Liam Rosenior has been appointed as the new manager of Strasbourg in France. 🇫🇷
The 40-year-old was sacked by Hull City, despite being nominated for Championship manager of the season.
He was linked with multiple championship jobs but his next journey in management has taken him overseas.
  • Like 1

Posted this in the Paris Olympic thread but more shame for us Canucks over the drone scandal.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/canada-soccer-drone-spying-copa-america-1.7276302

Not surprised as Canadian football has been corrupt for a long time.  We have so much talent starting to shine there is 0 need to cheat. Play fair, play honourably. It's a part of Canadian identity to be honest and not cheat. Such a stain to our great nation (IMO).

On 25/07/2024 at 17:59, ramboacdc said:

Guessing there will be a phoenix club at some point. Anyone know what sort of level in the pyramid they've have to start from?

Thought this was interesting as it popped on my bbc news feed being related to Leicester. KDH stumping up for Enzo and his style of play. 

Chelsea fans are still moaning about their club and not happy with Enzo or KDH. They feel too good too elite to be getting our sloppy seconds it seems lol.

part of me wants Enzo & KDH to succeed to stick it to those fans but another says let them suffer if it goes wrong. 
KDH is still a Lester lad and I want him to to well. Hope he gets what he needs out if that toxic mess of a club and goes somewhere better.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/articles/cljypyzd32no

31 minutes ago, MPH said:

There’s some players taking pre-season friendly very seriously…

Mallorca were deploying some sh!thousery against Barnsley the other day. The WBA player is getting some stick on line but it looks like the Mallorca player strikes him first.

Nothing wrong with the tackle from the Bolton player. 

1 hour ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

Mallorca were deploying some sh!thousery against Barnsley the other day. The WBA player is getting some stick on line but it looks like the Mallorca player strikes him first.

Nothing wrong with the tackle from the Bolton player. 

I agree that there’s nothing wrong with it in regards to he clearly got the ball first and it’s not a foul… but it’s a bit of an FA cup final tackle and a little bit unnecessary… there’s often an understanding between  teams who play friendlies that they’ll not do anything that might risk injury to each others teams… 

Edited by MPH

3 minutes ago, MPH said:

I agree that there’s nothing wrong with it in regards to he clearly got the ball first and it’s not a fowl… but it’s a bit of an FA cup final tackle and a little bit unnecessary… there’s often an understanding between  teams who play friendlies that they’ll not do anything that might risk injury to each others teams… 

I do agree if he was flying into a challenge on a player under control of the bal but here l I think he's just gone to get there first and knows if he pulls out he's got a chance of getting injured himself. I don't think there's much contact on Kean and I imagine he was running around a minute later without much of a scratch on him?

On 27/07/2024 at 16:29, MPH said:

There’s some players taking pre-season friendly very seriously…

Nothing wrong with that tackle from the Bolton player.