Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

World Football Thread 2024/25

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Yeah nothing to do with Roma being a bigger club in a better city, I think it was just the manager 

"I received the message from De Rossi telling me that he was waiting for me in Trigoria.”

That’s where the spark went off. Because they wanted me so much that it was impossible to say no. The coach’s calls, then the Friedkins were personally involved, the management made me understand how much they wanted to focus on me. Their desire to have me pushed me to consider only this opportunity even if I had others in the Premier League.”

“Leicester wanted me a lot, both the manager and the sporting director had called me to convince me of their project. But then I felt the affection of De Rossi, of Roma, of the teammates who contacted me  and I decided from that moment to say no to all the other clubs and to think only of Roma for all these reasons plus one.”

Just saying 'a' driving factor of joining was De Rossi himself & his legacy & how he wanted to use him, he is now no longer there, of course other factors come into play but a driving factor was the legend...

ps The +1 reason was their fan base & can't knock him on that he's probably read this forum