Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Bobby De Cordova-Reid

1 minute ago, les-tah said:

Not good enough for premier league level. Bar a few goals early on last year he was not really top championship standard either. Hope he comes good but it wont be with us, the best case is he has a good loan and someone buys him to help our future PSR.

I’m not sure, I think he will be a bit part player unless he takes a chance early doors but I think he is worthy of a shot with the squad we currently have.

He's free. He adds experience. And has played at a higher level than any of our current wingers (barring the odd game here and there). 

As long as we have a proper relegation clause, I'm fine with this.

Those talking about players with higher ceilings need to remember that we already have. Mcateer and Alves behind Fatawu. You cannot fill the whole squad with youth prospects, and definitely not on our budget.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, Jazzy_Jeff said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him start against some of the better sides especially away from home.

He puts a great shift in and can tire some legs for the likes of Fatawu to come on and exploit

That’s the problem with our fans reading on here they don’t like players like that not good enough for us, Fulham castoff, to old,

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

With s/o fee included their wages will be north of 50k per week.  I’d think more 75k but that reflects not paying a transfer fee 

I doubt we’ll be paying £50k let alone £75k to squad players, those days have gone for most clubs.

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

He will have had a few million in sign on fee. He will also be north of £50k a week due to his premier league history. If it’s a 3 year deal at £50k a week, that’s £7.6 million in wages alone. 

I’d rather have used circa £9-11 million on a player with potential and resale value. 

They’re playing for free?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
14 minutes ago, Adster said:

Yes, we do. Because those comments are frankly boring and moronic now. Especially from you. 

I'm trying to articulate why we're getting mixed responses to signings. It feels like some are absolutely fine with where we're at and others not (where I sit).

The owners are the ones that have told us we're going to be a top end premier league club and we're miles off it. I really don't see the problem in holding people to account on that. So I've no idea how that's moronic tbh, boring potentially ill give you bit it just feels like to me you're sticking your fingers in your ears and saying everything is fine when the reality (I think) is that we're in for a horror show of a season and I'd like the club to hold those to responsible on that.

10 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I'm trying to articulate why we're getting mixed responses to signings. It feels like some are absolutely fine with where we're at and others not (where I sit).

The owners are the ones that have told us we're going to be a top end premier league club and we're miles off it. I really don't see the problem in holding people to account on that. So I've no idea how that's moronic tbh, boring potentially ill give you bit it just feels like to me you're sticking your fingers in your ears and saying everything is fine when the reality (I think) is that we're in for a horror show of a season and I'd like the club to hold those to responsible on that.

Problem is most fans on here expect completely unrealistic signings, and don’t understand it’s a squad game. I remember the reaction to Winks, was completely unhinged and most people were wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Chocolate Teapot
2 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Problem is most fans on here expect completely unrealistic signings, and don’t understand it’s a squad game. I remember the reaction to Winks, was completely unhinged and most people were wrong. 

That's one of the problems yeah but again that's born of where we're at vs where people think we should be at.

1 hour ago, GLC said:

Another deal that has just come out of the blue

We are clearly quite discreet about our transfer business, unlike some other clubs. 

A lot of these linked players are clearly floated by their agents, but Foxestalk goes mad tracking of the progress of the ‘deal’, then loses its shit when the signing doesn’t happen.

“This club is a joke!”

”We can’t do anything”

”Our negotiation skills are terrible”

”Sort it out Rudkin”

• Like 3

Foxescope.co.uk

Cant wait to see him running around in the championship for us. We’re so finished it’s unreal lol 

5 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

This is the market we’re operating in now.

Fine, will add squad depth in the way Lookman did when he came here.

Please let’s not compare Reid with Lookman, they are light years apart in terms of footballing ability. I still cry that we couldn’t make his transfer permanent. 

1 hour ago, James_lcfc said:

We don't have a single ITK on the forum anymore though do we.

Shame.

I tell you what we have in abundance , self appointed football experts that will moan at everything the club does cos they're not happy unless they are! 

If the representation on here extrapolates to our fanbase we have a lot of unrealistic,  deluded and entitled fans. 

I wish people would just accept we're in a hole that needs addressing ,back the manager and team , in a siege mentality way to do the best we can under very difficult circumstances. 

• Like 1

Some people in here need a massive reality check, this is the market we are currently in. We are a financial mess, we are getting points docked and in all likelihood going to be in trouble for the whole of next season. I'm not defending the club for what they've done, they've caused this mess, but it at least seems they are starting to act sensibly now. 

This is a solid addition on a free, PL experience and at worst he will run his socks off. Sounds familiar, right? I would like to think the club has realised they were badly overpaying, realised they can't do that any longer and risk further problems down the line so he is on a sensible wage with appropriate clauses. 

It also feels like people are forgetting how many players have actually gone out the door already.. Adding a player of this calibre on a free is great, it's low risk and gives us added depth. When Albrighton signed did he get you off your seat? Me neither. 

A good solid signing, onto the next one! 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Bluetintedspecs said:

I tell you what we have in abundance , self appointed football experts that will moan at everything the club does cos they're not happy unless they are! 

If the representation on here extrapolates to our fanbase we have a lot of unrealistic,  deluded and entitled fans. 

I wish people would just accept we're in a hole that needs addressing ,back the manager and team , in a siege mentality way to do the best we can under very difficult circumstances. 

Well you can sort of understand why people are a bit unhappy with the club at the moment?

There are unrealistic, deluded and entitled fans in every fan base to be fair, I don't think we're much worse than others - We just have a brilliant and very active forum full of people posting their opinion!

I guess I'm somewhere in the middle - A little concerned to be padding the squad out with a >30yr old looking for his last decent payday, but also realistic that we're cutting our cloth accordingly...especially with squad players.

Edited by James_lcfc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HowardsBulletHeader said:

Some people in here need a massive reality check, this is the market we are currently in. We are a financial mess, we are getting points docked and in all likelihood going to be in trouble for the whole of next season. I'm not defending the club for what they've done, they've caused this mess, but it at least seems they are starting to act sensibly now. 

This is a solid addition on a free, PL experience and at worst he will run his socks off. Sounds familiar, right? I would like to think the club has realised they were badly overpaying, realised they can't do that any longer and risk further problems down the line so he is on a sensible wage with appropriate clauses. 

It also feels like people are forgetting how many players have actually gone out the door already.. Adding a player of this calibre on a free is great, it's low risk and gives us added depth. When Albrighton signed did he get you off your seat? Me neither. 

A good solid signing, onto the next one! 

Think its more the standard of signing while raising ticket prices by £10-£15 that people are having the biggest issue with