Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Bobby De Cordova-Reid

12 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Thought he was more a forward mainly that can fill in on the wing?

He didn't play a single game down the middle for them last season

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

fotmob should go watch what i saw. didn't even get a spot on the bench for the first match of the tournament.

the team scored 1 goal in 3 matches

Blaming a team’s failure (especially internationally) on a single player is not fair. The Jamaican FA is a mess right now - nobody is performing well.

7 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

He's rubbish and these signings are reminding me of Forests scattergun approach, maybe it was Cooper behind it all

How is signing a free agent who is versatile and has premier league experience a scattergun approach. Very odd comment 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

How is signing a free agent who is versatile and has premier league experience a scattergun approach. Very odd comment 

Absolutely this. So many of our fans are entitled beyond belief. We’ve been promoted without a pot to piss in and we’ve managed to get in a lad who’s been popular at Fulham and played loads of prem football on a free ahead of other prem teams, but that’s not good enough. Utterly bizarre 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Absolutely this. So many of our fans are entitled beyond belief. We’ve been promoted without a pot to piss in and we’ve managed to get in a lad who’s been popular at Fulham and played loads of prem football on a free ahead of other prem teams, but that’s not good enough. Utterly bizarre 

Bottom line is that we desperately need to improve the first XI and this signing doesn't do that in my view. He'll be a back up squad player, I think.

As for beating other PL clubs to his signature, my worry is that this is because no other PL club is stupid enough to give a 32 year old a 3 year contract. Just hope we've given him sensible wages. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

I don’t think this has much about entitlement. 

Firstly, the things that have gone wrong in the last few years has been around giving older players/players that don’t deserve it, big contracts and then we can’t shift them. I would be very surprised if this is anything shorter than a 3 year contract and for a 31year old that means he’ll have no re-sale value, and for a winger he’ll be at the very end of his career. 

And I could forgive those things if it meant we were signing a really good player. But we’re signing someone who played 1,400 of minutes for Fulham. So it’s someone who isn’t even good enough to regularly start for Fulham, which I fail to see how is that inspiring. 

There’s a lot of negatives and not a lot of upside so I think it’s fair that people are disappointed if this is the winger we’re singing. He’s not terrible back up, but he’s not capable of being much better and he’s already 31 so we’re not going to make any money on him either. The only comparable singing in recent years that I can think of is Coady, who’s been disappointing and now doesn’t offer us much at all but we’re stuck with him for at at least 2 more years. 

Edited by Dusty

4 hours ago, Foxes96 said:

What’s this based on? 

Whilst versatile I expect DCR to primarily provide cover for both wings? 

based on  Vardy re-newing, and not having the kegs to carry us all season in the prem..

Just now, MPH said:

based on  Vardy re-newing, and not having the kegs to carry us all season in the prem..

I have some great news for you in this case.
Just popped onto Grand Old Team to see how our fellow doomsayers are feeling about next season and they are linking us with Neal Maupay.

You are welcome.  

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Fatawu is only 20yrs old. This guy's nearly old enough to be his Dad and still hasn't come good! No comparison at all. 

One played probably twice the amount or minutes in a title winning team. 

One was a fringe player in a mid table team but scored more league goals, a division above. 

Let's not put shade on Reid having a pretty decent record for a squad player in our current position.

39 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Blaming a team’s failure (especially internationally) on a single player is not fair. The Jamaican FA is a mess right now - nobody is performing well.

He was built up as one of there stand out players to watch before the tournament started. 

but to be fair to him he did make 41 appearances for Fulham in all competitions this season.  33 in the premier league with 6 goals.  so on a free transfer it's a good pickup in that sense for a squad player but a 3 year deal is too much in my opinion. 

20 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Bottom line is that we desperately need to improve the first XI and this signing doesn't do that in my view. He'll be a back up squad player, I think.

As for beating other PL clubs to his signature, my worry is that this is because no other PL club is stupid enough to give a 32 year old a 3 year contract. Just hope we've given him sensible wages. 

So you want to drop Fatawu then? That's what you're saying, is it not? He's starting RW and you want to sign someone better than him to take his place...

25 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

So, let’s perhaps wait until everyone is signed as we still might. Or it might turn out we’ve got nothing to spend at all, in which case it’s all we can do.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

For the naysayers, think of it this way, he was Fulhams 3rd highest goalscorer. So if nothing else, we've hindered an opponent.

Also in regards to him joining us over Fulham being down to wages, I'm pretty sure Fulham operate an over 30's policy like Chelsea used to whereby they only offer a single year once you've gone over 30 years old. Pretty sure they did that with Willian.  So we could in fact have offered a lower wage but game him a longer contract.

Edited by JimJams
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, JimJams said:

For the naysayers, think of it this way, he was Fulhams 3rd highest goalscorer. So if nothing else, we've hindered an opponent.

Also in regards to him joining us over Fulham being down to wages, I'm pretty sure Fulham operate an over 30's policy like Chelsea used to whereby they only offer a single year once you've gone over 30 years old. Pretty sure they did that with Willian.

One year contract compared  to say Rudders offer of a ‘Bertrand’, you see why he would choose us over Fulham…..

34 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Not every signing needs to improve our first XI, we fully expect Mavididi and Fatawu to be our first choice wide options next season, but depth in the wing position was actually needed last season, we’re in desperate need to address it this season. 

De Cordova-Reid helps massively with that, if we can also get in some competition for Mavididi, then that’ll be our wide areas sorted 👍🏻

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

The realistic way of doing that with our current financial situation, is by following the groundwork that was done in the last transfer window by signing young players with a high ceiling ability wise such as Hermansen and Fatawu.

Yeah but we also had the likes of Doyle, Casadei and Yunus. None of which have been determined to be worth buying or getting back in. So it's not as simple as just buying young and getting quality. If you add Cannon, then that's 1 in 3 that are deemed good enough.  And they were mainly loans.  If we go out and buy 3 young players with last seasons strike rate, only 1 will be good enough.  DCR might not be very exciting but he's at least shown something at Premier league level.

7 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

No thanks. His name has always annoyed me on commentary. Too long-winded.

Alright, Paul Merson. Calm down

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Scotch said:

So you want to drop Fatawu then? That's what you're saying, is it not? He's starting RW and you want to sign someone better than him to take his place...

No, I'm thinking we desperately need a starting striker and 2 starting level CMs to be competitive. Let's hope that we have enough funds available to pay wages and fees for those after filling out the squad with back up players.