Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Bobby De Cordova-Reid

3 minutes ago, Dusty said:

There is a lot of negativity around this signing and I know it gets tiring reading it all, but it’s not like most of us haven’t seen him play. He’s been an average (at best) prem player for 5 years so we’ve been able to see him fairly regularly and I honestly can’t remember ever watching him play and thinking that he’s a good player. He improves the depth but not the starting 11 and he will be on pretty significant wages as I can’t see him taking a pay cut from what he was on at Fulham. I just don’t really see the positives in it, there isn’t loads of negatives either but it’s not going to make a massive difference to survival so I’m not sure on the point of it. 

I can't say I remember seeing him play.

But with both feet firmly on the ground some things I do know.

Pts deduction over our heads is going to make signing prem quality players very hard.

We don't have the money to sign the amount of players we need that are prem quality.

Staying up is hard enough without the handicaps we have anyway.

So I'm guessing we are building a squad that has the strength to get us promoted if we do go down. One that will stick together except the one or two players we choose to sell to improve our squad as a whole next season.

Yes it pi55ed me off under Rodgers buying squad filler after squad filler because he had no clue what he wanted or needed. The guy was like a kid in a sweet shop.

But right now we don't have the money so we need to make the best of what we have got. I'd rather we got squad players in on a free to save what we have got to get the best players in we can in a couple of positions.

Rather we got 2 20m players in than 10 4m players. The clubs far from what it was 4/5yrs ago. But lots seem to have forgotten that.

It's worth remembering that while we have some gaps - we do have a spine of a squad that is already relatively fit for the premier league and has experience of succeeeding or staying in it:

Ricardo, Coady, Vestegaard, Faes, Justin, Winks, Ndidi, Vardy all have big prem and international experience through the spine of the team. 

We have some players that made a BIG impact in the champhionship and who are ready to play in the Premier League:

Hermansen, Mavididi, Fatawu are big assets who should be backed and given confidence. They could well be £20-30m+ assets after 1 season in the premier league. Fatawu could be the breakout star of the season.

Prospects & Youth Internationals: McAteer, Cannon, Kristiansen, Stolarcyk, Nelson, Braybrooke, Alves, Golding should all be in our around the 1st team squad and ready to make a difference

If we have bought in Okoli, Reid and O'Hare then we have bolstered the numbers in 3 key positions without necessarily troubling the 1st X1

Striker, CAM, left sided defender are our 3 big holes which could well be funded by losing Daka, Soumare, Ward, Choudhury etc

• Like 1

It’s not exciting but he sounds like a steady eddy. Would we be happy signing him for the championship? I think we would.

So the longer deal doesn’t bother me so much as long as we’ve built in a reasonable drop clauses. 

He’ll likely be a fan favourite if he stays fit. Nothing spectacular but does a much needed job 

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

Wow, 6 goals in 33 games, sounds like a real stunner! 🤣

That's good.

What are you expecting, Harry Kane?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t see it 

s/o fees for out of contract players are still several millions which is paid in various ways (which can be monthly as part of wage) 

over 3 years that would be 20/25k per week 

Experienced premier league squad players earn 40/50k per week 

Have you not noticed Al the clubs worried about breaking spending rules?

Only really started last season so the drop in SO fees and salaries is likely to start in this window. 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I don’t see it 

s/o fees for out of contract players are still several millions which is paid in various ways (which can be monthly as part of wage) 

over 3 years that would be 20/25k per week 

Experienced premier league squad players earn 40/50k per week 

40k is somewhat less the the figure of 75k which was on the post I reacted to.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Still think it’s a meh signing. Would have preferred Ramon Sousa. It is what it is but Cooper better get over this obsession of signing English players. 

Sosa’s not that great and would cost a lot more. We can spend better elsewhere. 

Edited by The_77

28 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Nathan Dyer / Sharky vibes 

We all know what happened next. 

Albrighton was 24. 

BDR is nearly 32 and we’re handing him a 3 year contract out. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Soar Fox said:

Albrighton was 24. 

BDR is nearly 32 and we’re handing him a 3 year contract out. 

Ridiculous, I hope this doesn't turn out to be another Bertrand situation. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

i would have been okay with 2 because of the premier league experience he has to be a squad filler. 

he's been terrible at the Copa America tournament going on. 

On fotmob, he's had ratings of 7.0 and 7.2 in the 2 games he's played. 

5 minutes ago, enmac said:

On fotmob, he's had ratings of 7.0 and 7.2 in the 2 games he's played. 

fotmob should go watch what i saw. didn't even get a spot on the bench for the first match of the tournament.

the team scored 1 goal in 3 matches

6 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

fotmob should go watch what i saw. didn't even get a spot on the bench for the first match of the tournament.

the team scored 1 goal in 3 matches

Didn't watch it. Too late for me. They gave Demerai Gray, 6.0, 6.1, 6.3 for the 3 games he played by way of comparison.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, enmac said:

Didn't watch it. Too late for me. They gave Demerai Gray, 6.0, 6.1, 6.3 for the 3 games he played by way of comparison.

but to be fair to him he did make 41 appearances for Fulham in all competitions this season.  33 in the premier league with 6 goals.  so on a free transfer it's a good pickup in that sense for a squad player but a 3 year deal is too much in my opinion. 

Edited by Molson Canadian
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, RedSoxUK said:

That's not really fair. That's 6 in 1431 minutes in the PL. Gives him a goal every 3 games which for a wide player is an excellent excellent return, that's 80-90th percentile.

Btw that's better than Rashford, Martinelli, Garnacho, Diaby, Johnson, Elanga, Mudryk..

Thought he was more a forward mainly that can fill in on the wing?