Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Bobby De Cordova-Reid

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Scotch said:

...and in that scenario we end up with even worse squad players as the ones released by PL clubs have signed somewhere else and we have to make do with the ones released from championship teams etc. 

It doesn't really matter what order we do it in, our needs remain the same and as long as we address them with the best possible players we can... it's 6 and half a dozen. 

Surely better to have inferior squad players than first teamers? There's going to be a very limited budget. The proof will be in the pudding I suppose. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

I've always really liked him as a player and wanted us to go after him 4 years ago when we could offer European football. His best days are probably behind him but wouldn't be at all surprised to see him as a regular starter rather than a back up like some people are thinking 

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

My point is is that we haven't even got a decent first team yet. Get those first, then spend on the padding and backups with what's left. A free transfer is not free, it costs millions in wages. We're bloated as it is. 

But unless Steve Cooper has arrived armed with a tactical plan that will enable us to create a third wing, we don't need more decent first team wingers, we need capable backup for Mavididi and (presumably) Fatawu. If you don't rate McAteer then presumably you would agree with that. As you point out there is going to be a very limited budget and so here is a capable backup option signed for no transfer fee. What is the difference between us going out and spending on first team players then picking up backups for little to no money vs. doing it the other way round? Now you understand he's not a striker I can't really see what the objection is.

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, LestaLad said:

Let’s not compare Vards to either of them hahaha

This forum is absolutely wild. Players get let off so easy with ridiculous excuses like this, only for the same posters to bemoan players leeching off us for contracts when they realise they’re god awful 

A comparison to Vardy is pointless, that gives nearly anyone a pass at any point. The fact he's so exceptional means he's a bad example.

I'm quite confident that De Cordova-Reid is better than McAteer.

Decent signing and provides much needed cover and rotation options for Mavidid and Fatawu. He is experienced and proven at premier league level, and gives us a very good opportunity to freshen things up in game from the bench. He is our Albrighton replacement but dare I say being younger still offers a genuine goals & assists contribution at this level. All in all a solid and sound if unspectacular piece of business by the club. 

• Like 2

Personally I don’t see Mavididi doing the business at the next level. He went into his shell far too often last season when it got tough. 
This guy probably plays more than he will 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Personally I don’t see Mavididi doing the business at the next level. He went into his shell far too often last season when it got tough. 

I don't think he needs to be a world beater. He's good defensively. Has a trick and a few ways to score a goal. He also operated with zero support from left back last year. If we play with a wing back or left back this year. He could get more one on ones higher up the pitch. Cooper needs to get in his and fatawus head early and give them clear licence to take their man on and tell them they won't be dropped for losing the ball or taking on a shot.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, FLAN said:

I don't think it helped he was run into the ground as we didn't have an option to rotate once Mcateer got injured. As it was clear Albrighton wasn't going to be used often.

This is why this signing makes sense for me.

5 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

I don't think he needs to be a world beater. He's good defensively. Has a trick and a few ways to score a goal. He also operated with zero support from left back last year. If we play with a wing back or left back this year. He could get more one on ones higher up the pitch. Cooper needs to get in his and fatawus head early and give them clear licence to take their man on and tell them they won't be dropped for losing the ball or taking on a shot.

100% this.

Doku has clearly been told to take someone on under Pep.

Giving the ball away outside the oppositions box is completely different than outside ours.

• Like 1

Solid but perhaps a tad underwhelming cover for Mav on the left on a free.

It is what it is, we are where we are an all that – not bad considering.

Welcome Bobby.

• Like 1