Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Bobby De Cordova-Reid

Just now, TheGoldenGod said:

My brother in christ, we have next to money available for us to spend and WILL get relegated. Once you accept that, the deals make a lot more sense.

We signed better players than these 3 in the Championship

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

He's rubbish and these signings are reminding me of Forests scattergun approach, maybe it was Cooper behind it all

You do realise we aren't in a great position to attract players and have a limited budget.

Why is it scan a gun, please explain? 

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

His wages and sign on fee won’t be cheap. It’s a poor signing because that money could be utilised elsewhere for a player with resale value and a higher ceiling. 

I mean there's no basis to suggest this yet. We have a relatively young squad all being said with probably a few of our academy players coming through. We've lost a fair few to contract expiration and KDH sold, we need a squad!

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

His wages and sign on fee won’t be cheap. It’s a poor signing because that money could be utilised elsewhere for a player with resale value and a higher ceiling. 

If he's cover/rotation for the wingers its fine. Better than spending 10/15 million on a squad player to sit on the bench.. which we can use on getting a starter in instead.

Edited by slymunn
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, lcfcsnow said:

We signed better players than these 3 in the Championship

During a time where the club was ignorant to believe we had no financial issues clearly. Got to cut our cloth accordingly. Also Fatawu, mavididi, hermansen Akgun, all relatively unknown quantities. Easy in hindsight to say they were better signings. Written off our business before we've even started clearly :/

Just now, Reginaldo said:

32 in 6 months time :nigel:

Yeah that's a bit of an issue. He had a very good season last time round though, if he stayed with us if we went down he's proven down in the Championship too.

Both signings we've made speak fluent English. I think Cooper is going to try and create a siege mentality and relationship between fans and players based on getting what it takes to play in England / Premier League.

The last signing we made like this was Bertrand, who was a disaster. So we need to be weary. However, Bertrand came to us off the tail end of his career, whereas this guy is in much better form.

Both signings so far feel a bit weird though. Get used to digging in and trying to nick something all season long...

• Like 2

I wouldn’t moan too much. He played the equivalent of 15 90 min games last season. Scoring 6 and assisting 2. More than a goal contribution every other game. 

as long as he’s coming in as a squad player and not to start every week. And we haven’t offered him a stupid contract at 31 I can’t see what’s bad about it. 

Plus he’s FREE!

• Like 4

Free transfer, good experience and fills a gap in the squad. 

Happy with that to be honest and also if we can't stay up, the type of player who I would expect to hang around next year in the Championship. 

• Like 1

I'm going to but my tongue as this time last year we started our transfer business with PL experience that on the surface looked like we were shelling out with minimal upscale.

Reid is alright, he'll do a job but it is a bit of a crash down to earth. Maybe Alan Nixon was right 😂😂😂

If it's just a 2 year deal on modest wages then fine.

• Like 1

With Jannik’s 3 year deal and this….I genuinely hope we’ve grown a pair and put in place a much more modest wage structure.

If either are on north of £50,000 p.w then we deserve any PSR issues coming our way.

• Like 4

A steady Eddie sort of signing. Feels like an Albrighton/Okazaki type of move. Works hard, team player, hopefully the sort of attitude we need. 

We are going to need some experience, and on a free, this is a good move for me. Everyone is baying for signings, and as usual, when they start to come, everyone moans about them. We are fishing in very different waters nowadays. We need a blend of talented young players, with some experience to help them. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

how do you know this? 

We cant just fill the squad with that style of player you mention we need experience too. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm going to but my tongue as this time last year we started our transfer business with PL experience that on the surface looked like we were shelling out with minimal upscale.

Reid is alright, he'll do a job but it is a bit of a crash down to earth. Maybe Alan Nixon was right 😂😂😂

If it's just a 2 year deal on modest wages then fine.

We are going to have to take a few on a free, solid player, who can play both sides and centre.

Give us competition for both Mav and Fatawu.

Could be this season Winks who was wrote off as a poor signing by many....

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

Just now, SafewayFox said:

With Jannik’s 3 year deal and this….I genuinely hope we’ve grown a pair and put in place a much more modest wage structure.

If either are on north of £50,000 p.w then we deserve any PSR issues coming our way.

I'm probably being naive here and giving the board a modicum of credit that they probably don't even deserve, but surely they're aware now that we cannot be giving out big wages anymore....surely!