Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Bobby De Cordova-Reid

He's a player I was thinking about the other day when I saw his name on a released list. Not one that jumps out at you but he always seemed to play well against us. 

11 minutes ago, Ryy said:

He’s gives me Okazaki vibes, don’t necessarily score much but works hard 

A few more Okazaki types the season we got relegated and we probably would have stayed up. Was sick of seeing Tielemans pull out of challenges by the end!

After Ranieri was sacked, the first thing Shakespeare did was bring back Okazaki and Albrighton into the team and results immediately improved.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He will have had a few million in sign on fee. He will also be north of £50k a week due to his premier league history. If it’s a 3 year deal at £50k a week, that’s £7.6 million in wages alone. 

I’d rather have used circa £9-11 million on a player with potential and resale value. 

And they will want £50k a week minimum, likely to cost £10m+ if they are any good... so you end up paying far more, and they are going to be on a longer deal. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bert said:

You have absolutely no idea that this is correct though. It’s just a guess. 

£50k a week for a player who’s spent the last 8 seasons in the Prem/Championship, it’s a conservative estimate when you factor in he’s spent 5 years at a club in one of the most expensive areas in London at Fulham. 

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

£50k a week for a player who’s spent the last 8 seasons in the Prem/Championship, it’s a conservative estimate when you factor in he’s spent 5 years at a club in one of the most expensive areas in London at Fulham. 

See edited post. 

It's a free transfer, I've been hammering the club for not doing enough of these over the years whilst we've let many go.

He actually had a good season last year. I'd expect Fatawu to keep him out but he'll provide cover for both wings. I'd still like a young winger to come in too but we have Alves and Silko Thomas who might impress Cooper in pre-season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

He will have had a few million in sign on fee. He will also be north of £50k a week due to his premier league history. If it’s a 3 year deal at £50k a week, that’s £7.6 million in wages alone. 

I’d rather have used circa £9-11 million on a player with potential and resale value. 

That player playing for free?

A 10m signing is going to be on similar wages so cost 17m?

We need 7 players including Fatawu to have the same size sqaud we can't afford to spend transfer fee on 7 players.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, davieG said:

Must have offered more ££££ than Fulham unless he likes the Leicestershire countryside.

Would say it’s more the length of contract than wages. 

Nixon was right… :ph34r:

But I’m actually not against this, obvs we all want the young flashy player from a foreign league but we just need to make sure we stay up and with PL experience it’s gonna go a lot further than some untested player whose never played in this league. 

Solid signing. 

Well we've tried to sign him many times haven't we. Got there in the end :P 

Remember we need bodies, losing a lot of players! Feels sensible this one.

1 minute ago, LestaLad said:

Nixon was right… :ph34r:

But I’m actually not against this, obvs we all want the young flashy player from a foreign league but we just need to make sure we stay up and with PL experience it’s gonna go a lot further than some untested player whose never played in this league. 

Solid signing. 

If we go and get Nanasi or Gronbaek to cover LW / ACM then I'm absolutely fine with this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

If you’re signing a player for £9-11 million the wage is going to be in similar area and probably over a longer contract to spread the transfer fee.

We were clearly a winger short and yet how easy would it be to find a player in budget that’s better than Mav and Fatwau?

Fat’s was a steel at £15 million - so you know, a young, Premier League standard winger is going to cost potentially £20 million is it not?

Also - would you really want a player coming in over the top to play in place of these two anyway? Aren’t they and Kasey our resale value players in those positions?

2 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

We don't have a single ITK on the forum anymore though do we.

Shame.

We haven't for years, just blaggers trying to be. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

We don't have a single ITK on the forum anymore though do we.

Shame.

They were all chased off with pitchforks and fish puns. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Reginaldo said:

Think we should be having our u21 as backup to our wingers rather than signings north of 30

I did hope Silko Thomas was in and around but probs needs a loan 

Posted (edited)

In our position, better to sign a tried and tested player than take too many gambles.

Always a good sign when a player's current club fans are sad to see him leave. I feel like he's one of those players who you underestimate until you see them play regularly.

Edited by LeePhilpottsBaldSpot
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You'll get 100% from him every time, he'll cover numerous positions. Yeah, he'll frustrate at times with some poor control or a poor miss. But fans love a grafter and we're going to need some grafters this year. 

The other obvious thing is - the game is not just about the first 11 anymore.

With 5 subs, you’re almost guaranteed to change at least one winger in a game just to freshen - so having a bench options that are to a standard are essential. 

• Like 1

Might not be the most exciting signing, but given our circumstances it makes perfect sense.

Finally got some decent cover for Fatawu and Mavididi.