Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Bobby De Cordova-Reid

Posted (edited)

This is like most of the signings we have had links to so far. Solid enough player, but nothing really exciting and within a similar budget to last season. 

If it was something like the following for the kind of fees mentioned (40 million ish?) Then it covers most of the squad gaps we have. It's just if they are good enough to keep us in the prem.

Ndidi resigns

O Hare

Reid

Okoli

Richardson

Fatawu

Golding

Braithwaite 

Edited by slymunn

Guest Chocolate Teapot

Don't mind the signing at all tbh but it's a stark reminder that decisions made 2 years ago by the club have set us back about ten years.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

We don't have a single ITK on the forum anymore though do we.

Shame.

So what if we don't? It really doesn't matter. 

Edited by Adster
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

As long as it isn’t a stupid contract then I am alright with this with him being a squad player

Just off the back of a good season with Fulham as a squad player - 6 goals and 2 assists in 1,423 minutes (15.8 90s) - goal contribution every 155 minutes

VERY versatile

IMG_9298.jpeg

Doesn’t appear to have any previous serious injury issues and over the last 10 seasons has pretty much always been available for his clubs

IMG_9299.jpeg

Also IF we do get relegated then I think he would be a very good player for us to have in the Championship

Realistically we can’t be buying every player - we need at least a couple of smart free signings like this (Sergi Cardona next please :fc:)

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Don't mind the signing at all tbh but it's a stark reminder that decisions made 2 years ago by the club have set us back about ten years.

Still think if we'd been relegated in the exact same manner, minus the FFP stuff, we'd have had a huge springboard and been able to get back to where we were a lot quicker. Wouldn't have had a lot of lasting damage.

Unfortunately, I think even your 10 years is optimistic. All if, buts and maybes, but if we have got CL in both seasons, we'd have bridges the gap to the top 6 massively (assuming the board actually capitalised on it commercially speaking) and a bad season would have been finishing 10th or so. Think that's never going to happen now, sadly.

He's OK. Fingers crossed the fact he's turned down Fulham for us is reflective of a desire for a new challenge rather than us having made a stupid offer. My suspicion is he ends up playing right wing back.

Posted (edited)

This is one of those sensible signings that most will spit at because they think he’s beneath us, yet he’s been a constant for Fulham for a while, regularly in and around the starting 11, and has experience. I’d say he’s probably a Albrighton type of character but a bit more dynamic. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

Yep, players like Harvey Barnes leaving last season should have woke a few up but didn’t.

Think people are forgetting we’re currently having to shop in the scraps bin . Point deduction and PSR means we’ve got to be careful this ain’t bad at all as a squad player on a free . 

Willing to give everyone a fair crack, but this is shaping up to be a really terrible summer for the club. Losing the manager and KDH, to getting in cooper, a kid that’s never played, a centre back that doesn’t seem to be rated and essentially a worse version of ayoze Perez is making me dread this season. Feels like we’ve significantly regressed from where we were 6 weeks ago.