Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ian Nacho

Bobby De Cordova-Reid

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Looks like Daka is going to be the main man then

What’s this based on? 

Whilst versatile I expect DCR to primarily provide cover for both wings? 

3 hours ago, st albans fox said:

With s/o fee included their wages will be north of 50k per week.  I’d think more 75k but that reflects not paying a transfer fee 

Yet it’s our wage bill that has crippled us rather than extortionate transfer fees though has it not?

Also the biggest factor we never move squad fillers on as no one else of our ilk offers similar wages 😢 

Fulham fans have mostly positive things to say about him. As others have mentioned, he’s a grafter, he’s free and got good prem experience. A solid signing and makes sense to have him part of the squad. I think some people are forgetting where we are  as a club - enjoy the ride! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

This is total meh but it's where we are as a club these days, picking up unwanted players from the likes of Fulham. If they really wanted him to stay they would have reached a deal with him. Just hope we've not thrown silly wages at him.

The situation feels like when we got promoted under Micky Adams to be honest, as back then we were just out of administration and shopping in the bargain aisle.

i just don't know what is our squad building strategy is any more. It's so scattergun. I think we will start next season with a weaker team than we started last season unless the quality of arrivals starts to improve massively. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

This is total meh but it's where we are as a club these days, picking up unwanted players from the likes of Fulham. Feels like when we got promoted with Micky Adams to be honest. What is our strategy any more? I think we will start next season with a weaker team than we started last season unless the quality of arrivals starts to improve massively. 

He wasn’t unwanted by Fulham 

• Like 3

Good signing imo.

I for one don’t believe that this is the only winger/forward we will be looking at, but this lad provides good squad depth, he’s a grafter & from what I’ve seen, is very good on the ball.

Unfortunately, we probably won’t attract the players we used to a few seasons ago due to us being newly promoted, but this is a good start!

Has he signed yet?

Usual FT though, the amount on he claiming he's crap and he's not kicked a ball for us yet.

God help him after his first friendly. If he don't clear four of of our line and score ten up the other end. Saying that he would only be deemed average by some if he did do that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Still think it’s a meh signing. Would have preferred Ramon Sousa. It is what it is but Cooper better get over this obsession of signing English players. 

Quite literally playing for Jamaica in the Copa America 

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Putting outfield players who are 30+ on 3 year contracts is never a good move, no matter how people try and spin it. The sort of contract we’ve given out thats got us in our current financial position. Dont care if hes a decent squad player, he wont be in 2 years time. Fulham obviously werent prepared to hand out a 3 year deal like we have

Edited by South Shire Fox

I think this is a very good free transfer

considering he's been a consistent depth/starter for Fulham over the past few years.

When he started for Fulham last season he rarely finished. He seemed to last 70 mins or come on as a sub with 20 mins left. Captained a few times and was clearly wing cover last season.

Considering he was offered a deal there and we wouldn't be offering big boy wages for depth (please!) we must be offering more playing time and a better wage. He signed his contract while in the championship so... Sounds like he wasn't on a big contact anyway.He only got 1,400 minutes but his contribution return for that was excellent last year.

Excellent signing really I'm sure other PL clubs would have wanted him.

• Haha 1

Just now, sylofox said:

Has he signed yet?

Usual FT though, the amount on he claiming he's crap and he's not kicked a ball for us yet.

God help him after his first friendly. If he don't clear four of of our line and score ten up the other end. Saying that he would only be deemed average by some if he did do that.

There is a lot of negativity around this signing and I know it gets tiring reading it all, but it’s not like most of us haven’t seen him play. He’s been an average (at best) prem player for 5 years so we’ve been able to see him fairly regularly and I honestly can’t remember ever watching him play and thinking that he’s a good player. He improves the depth but not the starting 11 and he will be on pretty significant wages as I can’t see him taking a pay cut from what he was on at Fulham. I just don’t really see the positives in it, there isn’t loads of negatives either but it’s not going to make a massive difference to survival so I’m not sure on the point of it. 

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Wow, 6 goals in 33 games, sounds like a real stunner! 🤣

That's not really fair. That's 6 in 1431 minutes in the PL. Gives him a goal every 3 games which for a wide player is an excellent excellent return, that's 80-90th percentile.

Btw that's better than Rashford, Martinelli, Garnacho, Diaby, Johnson, Elanga, Mudryk..

• Like 3