Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

New Sponsor BC.GAME

11 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Frankly you’re a tit if you buy a 24/25 shirt

It’s just another means of ripping off the “faithful” 

I’d take a replica shirt over the tacky new stuff all day long 

Buying a replica shirt from the club is exactly the same though, you’re just buying it a few years after it was relevant. They still cost peanuts to make, are often awful designs and still cost loads. A lot of the legit replicas from the KP look more snide than a dhgate shirt too as they don’t have the original brand logo (e.g the le coq sportif ones.)

4 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Buying a replica shirt from the club is exactly the same though, you’re just buying it a few years after it was relevant. They still cost peanuts to make, are often awful designs and still cost loads. A lot of the legit replicas from the KP look more snide than a dhgate shirt too as they don’t have the original brand logo (e.g the le coq sportif ones.)

The retro ones feel like shit too. 92 and 94 in particular 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I didn’t say buy it from the club - you got to think outside the box funky 

I’ve had 1963 and 1971 shirts from elsewhere

Decent cotton materials and workmanship on badges and trimmings 

Think I got mine through the Fox Fanzine quite a long time ago but you can still get retro kits without getting them from KP inc 

And if that weren’t possible I wouldn’t get a shirt at all 

Edited by Mike Oxlong

One curious thought has occurred to me about the BC. Game logo.

Have they secured / cleared image rights with whoever owns PacMan? 

If feels an uncanny and deliberate likeness - yet not the sort of company that you would think rights holders to the games main character would want to be associated with.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the increased exposure the company will get results in some form of litigation regarding its logo.

• Like 1

Thing is the club can't win. How many of the Premier League sponsors are not shady or betting in some way? I'd rather no sponsor but that's not where the money is. How about clubs get a 25 allowed write off if they stick a charity on there...no too ethical for modern football. 

Sadly this is what the lovely PSR rules everyone wants us to comply with to keep the red cartel in place!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

One curious thought has occurred to me about the BC. Game logo.

Have they secured / cleared image rights with whoever owns PacMan? 

If feels an uncanny and deliberate likeness - yet not the sort of company that you would think rights holders to the games main character would want to be associated with.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the increased exposure the company will get results in some form of litigation regarding its logo.

They have been around for a while and are owned by one of the biggest gambling corporations in the world so imagine they have permission to use it.

They use a lot of big brands on their games so guessing they just pay for the imagine rights. 

7 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/Zx48vSdGRr4LKfC1/?mibextid=D5vuiz

Interesting watch about the online crypto gambling / gaming apps that seem to be popping up all over Asia at the moment. 

I live in Thailand and I see many young Thai folk on these types of apps. 

Also the Thai government plan to make Thailand a gambling hub for tourist in the near future, wouldn't surprise me if King Power have a part to play in it all. 

My first thought was, are our owners involved in this company.

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Can't remember the name of the club, but a few years ago there was one that did quite the opposite and put the name of a charity on the front of their shirt to support it. A nice thing to see for a change.

Perhaps we should just put 'Ward' on the front of ours?  🤔

Barcelona had Unicef for about 6yrs in the 00's.

• Like 1

It is Terrible that it's come to this. However, I feel the need for cash to counterbalance the costs of maintaining a Prem squad within the financial rules are the reasons these decisions have to be made. 

If we are going to be angry, fine. But direct it at the financial rules and force a change there rather than the club. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I didn’t say buy it from the club - you got to think outside the box funky 

I’ve had 1963 and 1971 shirts from elsewhere

Decent cotton materials and workmanship on badges and trimmings 

Think I got mine through the Fox Fanzine quite a long time ago but you can still get retro kits without getting them from KP inc 

And if that weren’t possible I wouldn’t get a shirt at all 

Yeh I got one of the toffs ones a few years back too. I wasn’t overly impressed with the quality or fit tbh. 

Kids versions don’t have a sponsor so if you’re an adult with a problem with our new pac man sponsor but still want the kit AND you’re built like a jockey or a professional road cyclist then you’re in luck! 

33 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Yeh I got one of the toffs ones a few years back too. I wasn’t overly impressed with the quality or fit tbh. 

Too much time spent grazing the produce in the deli coffee shop  ? ;)

• Haha 1

The sponsor doesn't matter. Not a fan of the pacman logo, it's just asking for a meme-fest but I have no more of an issue with a gaming company sponsoring us than I did Benson & Hedges being on F1 cars or at The Crucible. If we were sponsored by Coke, it would be criticised for encouraging obesity, if it was Microsoft then there would be a Bill Gates backlash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, blueharmie said:

Just bought 1 bitcoin of the back of this .

Thanks top

Free bitcoin, instead of doughnuts, for his next free offer to fans?..

17 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

I'd rather just see the word "Foxes" on the front in some decent font or something related to the club (and not the ownership or their business).

The new MLS third kits have the right idea
image.thumb.jpeg.56d5a962507e87647f9d37d5c1e48347.jpeg

• Like 3