Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

New Sponsor BC.GAME

8 hours ago, iancognito said:

issue with a gaming company sponsoring us than I did Benson & Hedges

It's not a gaming company sponsoring us. It's KP. 

Not saying I agree or disagree. 

Just want us all to at least acknowledge it's all one big financial fiddle

55 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

It's not a gaming company sponsoring us. It's KP. 

Not saying I agree or disagree. 

Just want us all to at least acknowledge it's all one big financial fiddle

Even Chelsea did it last season via ‘infinite athlete’.

I guess it’s not a surprise that many non big 6 clubs do it via betting companies based in offshore ‘tax havens’  with little chance of authorities being able to successfully challenge it.  

I wonder how many it Man City’s charges are based on emails referencing etihaad sponsorship being financed via sheikh mansour business’ 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I wonder how many it Man City’s charges are based on emails referencing etihaad sponsorship being financed via sheikh mansour business’ 

I don’t think many will be. There’s a fairly simple loophole that asks for “fair market value” from sponsors part owned by club owners. Newcastle have done it with Sela recently. I’d assume we probably had to do it while justifying king power too. 

Does make me wonder why we couldn’t do it again. I think to me that shows this “sponsorship” is filling a £30-50m hole and therefore KP wouldn’t have met the fair market value requirements.

Disappointed we’ve literally gone down a fraud route though!! 

Edited by AjcW

38 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I don’t think many will be. There’s a fairly simple loophole that asks for “fair market value” from sponsors part owned by club owners. Newcastle have done it with Sela recently. I’d assume we probably had to do it while justifying king power too. 

Does make me wonder why we couldn’t do it again. I think to me that shows this “sponsorship” is filling a £30-50m hole and therefore KP wouldn’t have met the fair market value requirements.

Disappointed we’ve literally gone down a fraud route though!! 

I assume king power are paying a slightly inflated amount now for stadium naming rights and training wear sponsorship. 

as you say it’s easier to get a third party sponsor to overpay rather than connected which is subject to more scrutiny 

46 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I assume king power are paying a slightly inflated amount now for stadium naming rights and training wear sponsorship. 

as you say it’s easier to get a third party sponsor to overpay rather than connected which is subject to more scrutiny 

I know when they first paid they were actually paying a lot less than you'd expect. We were like 24th for Ground Naming rights in country. Not sure if they've changed it since they've obviously needed to.

10 hours ago, Gamble92 said:

I know when they first paid they were actually paying a lot less than you'd expect. We were like 24th for Ground Naming rights in country. Not sure if they've changed it since they've obviously needed to.

I remember at one point they were paying championship level of sponsorship for the EPL champions.

• Like 1

How does this work? Are they paying us or are we paying them to pay us? 

So Top gives them £50m from a side company to pay the club £50m back over 3 seasons? Or do we give them £50m and they pay us extra, say £75m over three years to have their crappy logo on our shirts? 

As they deal in crypto currency, Top could just get Rudders to lose millions on Roulette in an afternoon and if it was agreed before hand, it's a way of transferring funds legally! 

Surely that's far fetched but it all seems shady AF. 

27 minutes ago, Collymore said:

So Top gives them £50m from a side company to pay the club £50m back over 3 seasons? Or do we give them £50m and they pay us extra, say £75m over three years to have their crappy logo on our shirts? 

As they deal in crypto currency, Top could just get Rudders to lose millions on Roulette in an afternoon and if it was agreed before hand, it's a way of transferring funds legally! 

I think the simplest way of putting it is we are being sponsored by King Power, without being sponsored by King Power. 

- If King Power sponsor us, they're restricted to a 'fair market value' sum imposed by the Premier League, for a newly promoted team that's probably quite low.

- However if a random company decides they want to sponsor us for £60m (this is a one season deal by the way), the Premier League has no say in that, the restriction is only on entities owned by/invested in by the same people who own the football club.

So in this instance, an offshore tax avoidance firm has purchased a questionable crypto gambling site. Usually they'd use it to clean money but in this instance it seems likely KP have put £x into the fund and have then coincidentally ( lol ) received that amount back by getting the gambling site to sponsor us. 

• Like 1

Bc.game is a rebranding of a gambling platform called TGP Europe for Asian markets. TGP also have similar licensing agreements with other gambling sites who also sponsor premier league clubs. 

TGP were fined £300,000 last year by the gambling commission last year for inadequate social responsibility (it seems all of their 'safer gambling' stop measures are run by AI and no humans are involved) and for, amongst other things, no money laundering protocols for its licensing agreements.  

It would seem to me there's some kind of money moving around behind the scenes between BC.game, TGP Europe and a number of premier league football clubs so we're certainly not alone in this. It's essentially a more complex Trestellar ltd from 10 years ago

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Collymore said:

It’s all above board mate 

nothing to see here

you would think that one of the financial journos will do an expose as its now several clubs doing it 

the problem is that once it’s prohibited, the rich six (and newcastle) will be even further detatched financially from the other 13 

If this is all a big rouse for KP to funnel funds into the club via a dodgy company that they fund, you would think that the very least they could have done was pick one with a half decent logo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Scotch said:

If this is all a big rouse for KP to funnel funds into the club via a dodgy company that they fund, you would think that the very least they could have done was pick one with a half decent logo!

Trying to throw the feds off our tracks …….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

It’s all above board mate 

nothing to see here

you would think that one of the financial journos will do an expose as its now several clubs doing it 

the problem is that once it’s prohibited, the rich six (and newcastle) will be even further detatched financially from the other 13 

I spoke to one of them last night. He had a go at the new Crystal Palace one and they went for him. Full apology and retraction! Never happened to him before. So he’s lying low for a bit. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Collymore said:

He probably **** that up and end up winning millions. lol 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

Another step towards me fcuking it all off 

Interesting to see how folk can laugh at this but then that’s exactly why I’ve come to the conclusion that my time supporting City is nearly up.

I’ve spoken to three city fans whom have suffered from gambling addiction and everyone of them says this is a big no from them. 

Had a look at them on trust pilot today and it’s full of murky details/complaints you’d associate with this sort of company 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

The variation of the logo that has been used on the shirt isn't currently registered in the UK. It's not been registered in the last 2 weeks either (which is what has happened with other clubs dodgy dealings) 

I did think it was strange that it's a logo that doesn't appear anywhere else on any BC Game assets.

On the other hand, I guess that technically means we could do terrible things to it and wouldn't be infringing on any copy laws..... :ph34r:

5 minutes ago, AjcW said:

The variation of the logo that has been used on the shirt isn't currently registered in the UK. It's not been registered in the last 2 weeks either (which is what has happened with other clubs dodgy dealings) 

I did think it was strange that it's a logo that doesn't appear anywhere else on any BC Game assets.

On the other hand, I guess that technically means we could do terrible things to it and wouldn't be infringing on any copy laws..... :ph34r:

The logo on their website / social media is also different to the one that appears on the shirts. Seems dead legit.

18 hours ago, Scotch said:

The logo is fine. That’s the least problematic part.