Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

New Sponsor BC.GAME

It might not sit right with some fans but unless the governing bodies(FA, FIFA<UEFA)  take action LCFC arent doing anything wrong.

If some random company who most of us aint heard of and won't use want to give us the most money without breaking any law(Apart from our own social responsibility) then so be it.

Its not like we hold much leverage as most companies know we need the cash more than Katie Price and are skint as sh1t.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Raj said:

It might not sit right with some fans but unless the governing bodies(FA, FIFA<UEFA)  take action LCFC arent doing anything wrong.

If some random company who most of us aint heard of and won't use want to give us the most money without breaking any law(Apart from our own social responsibility) then so be it.

Its not like we hold much leverage as most companies know we need the cash more than Katie Price and are skint as sh1t.

It’s the gambling aspect that has upset people 

the problem is that the gambling industry is so shady that it’s ripe for exploitation of the psr rules in this way.

Are there any others that would allow this ?  I mean could we really have got away with £20m from a Thai energy company ?  I reckon that would have been investigated under FMV, especially given the Thai connection. The rich six don’t have the problem because they can justify tens of millions via pukka global business’ 

we  missed the boat in 2016 when we could have got a global business on board. 

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s the gambling aspect that has upset peopl

the problem is that the gambling industry is so shady that it’s ripe for exploitation of the psr rules in this way.

Are there any others that would allow this ?  I mean could we really have got away with £20m from a Thai energy company ?  I reckon that would have been investigated under FMV, especially given the Thai connection. The rich six don’t have the problem because they can justify tens of millions via pukka global business’ 

Fully understand this.

But like i said its upto the governing bodies or clubs themselves to stop the advertising like they did with smoking companies BUT we know nothing will happen because of the $$$.

we all know loads of affiliation in footy with gambling companies so we arnt by any means the first, Bet 365 arena, dafabet, betway, w88 etc.

Outlaw them all

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It’s the gambling aspect that has upset people 

Gambling I understand, the energy company I understand, not wanting money from any Saudi investment I understand… Sorry state of affairs, and not condoning it, but I don’t think there are many brands that could’ve gone on our kit which wouldn’t have pissed off some supporters.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

Interesting to see how folk can laugh at this but then that’s exactly why I’ve come to the conclusion that my time supporting City is nearly up.

I’ve spoken to three city fans whom have suffered from gambling addiction and everyone of them says this is a big no from them. 

Had a look at them on trust pilot today and it’s full of murky details/complaints you’d associate with this sort of company 

Will you stop watching football all together then ?

What do people do when they see gambling ads on TV ? 

Are you going to stop watching TV ? 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Raj said:

Fully understand this.

But like i said its upto the governing bodies or clubs themselves to stop the advertising like they did with smoking companies BUT we know nothing will happen because of the $$$.

we all know loads of affiliation in footy with gambling companies so we arnt by any means the first, Bet 365 arena, dafabet, betway, w88 etc.

Outlaw them all

Banned from 2027 

• Like 1

I don’t know why some are complaining. You aren’t stopping going - you’re putting up with the shite communication, woeful club management by KPFC, £25 cards, membership scheme, no safe standing, a club that opposes fans singing, and shocking rise in ticket prices. Surely if you can get that lot down your necks then a shady crypto morally bankrupt gambling company is nothing?

Shut up, get your wallets out. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

We used to have alcohol and cigarette brands on shirts.

The West Midlands Health Authority had other ideas...

EsVyg94XMAA1Cfy.jpg.6abbc16357d1798315d38a2a24e92d99.jpg

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Will you stop watching football all together then ?

What do people do when they see gambling ads on TV ? 

Are you going to stop watching TV ? 

I don't spend circa £2-4k a year like I do with LCFC. 

I have a conscious choice with LCFC. I don't with the wider game. There's been a long time debate on gambling ads and I am confident that the new government will ban them. 

As I originally said, it's one of many decisions made by the club which are collectively adding up. It doesn't feel like the club I supported as a child. 

What hurts me more and to say I am nearing the end, it's seeing other LCFC supporters struggle with a lack of empathy and understanding to people's rejections of it. To the point of being spiteful and abuse on social media. 

If you read what someone like Annie Ashton says about how these companies in effect continually scratch play with addiction, it makes me very sad that people are finding fault with people's disagreement with it. 

Atleast 8 other Gambling companies pumping money in so 2027 cant come soon enough, until then nothing is going to change unless the government/ governing bodies do something.

image.png.37cd7741cfa0ca7263a61ae1daa97662.png

image.png.363daa6fcc400a433fcc86e815ce1fab.png

image.png.7a2da6c8eb089f326d5fc0917cc6ca0d.png

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

I don't spend circa £2-4k a year like I do with LCFC. 

I have a conscious choice with LCFC. I don't with the wider game. There's been a long time debate on gambling ads and I am confident that the new government will ban them. 

As I originally said, it's one of many decisions made by the club which are collectively adding up. It doesn't feel like the club I supported as a child. 

What hurts me more and to say I am nearing the end, it's seeing other LCFC supporters struggle with a lack of empathy and understanding to people's rejections of it. To the point of being spiteful and abuse on social media. 

If you read what someone like Annie Ashton says about how these companies in effect continually scratch play with addiction, it makes me very sad that people are finding fault with people's disagreement with it. 

That's fair enough, however I have also supported the club since a child and still have the same affection as I did then.. granted I don't go to games any more but I suspect they are in line with what other clubs are doing in regards to the cost and running of certain things, of course everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

That's why I think the ad on the shirt is going to make no difference in regards to someone choosing to gamble not with the wide amount of coverage betting gets anyway and the club needs as much money as possible.

Edited by whoareyaaa

getting annoyed an unsavoury sponsor (and a honking logo) is like getting annoyed at our players for diving.

we don't like it but its gonna happen unless something is done in the wider game to get rid of it

7 minutes ago, ParkerPen said:

getting annoyed an unsavoury sponsor (and a honking logo) is like getting annoyed at our players for diving.

we don't like it but its gonna happen unless something is done in the wider game to get rid of it

We had a choice as a club really didn’t we. I accept that if you want to keep up and put right some of the wrongs of the past few years we can’t turn things down but we clearly could have sought other options.

At some point, and it’s maybe fast approaching, English football will implode and that might lead to a decrease in standard but an increase in morals. 

Had the moment this morning where the boy came to me with the ipad and said 'i've been to the bcgame website and i cant do anything?'. Managed to bat it off as a 'grown ups website only available in Asia'. He bought that and moved on. For now at least.

I do wonder if they will start doing the same sort videos they did for FBS? At least i was able to say you can only use that if you have a job. A gaming website is different. 

I am going to move on from this one. The sport needs to get a grip on stuff like this in conjunction with all the PSR stuff.

Some of the justifications for this are really poor, and seem to be the same users who defend the club on pretty much anything. Including Rudkin 

I'm actually more bothered about how shady the company is but if people are telling you they've had issues and this impacts their support of the club then you aren't in any position to validate a response by saying oh well get used to it, others do it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, CosbehFox said:

'used to' - now correctly banned

And this is also going to be banned in 2 seasons 🤷‍♂️ 

You’re also reading out of context. The OP said “state of the modern game”. My point is, this ISN’T a modern thing. There have been far worse things on shirts historically than gambling,

Edited by phoneticerror

5 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

And this is also going to be banned in 2 seasons 🤷‍♂️ 

You’re also reading out of context. The OP said “state of the modern game”. My point is, this ISN’T a modern thing. There have been far worse things on shirts than gambling,

Presumably this is going to be banned with 'gambling' companies. But the practice of having any old business that you can funnel funds through will still exist? Presume it's just easier to do with gambling companies as you can get any old shit setup in Malta. Probably likely we will see lots of 2nd hand car sites appearing.

13 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Some of the justifications for this are really poor, and seem to be the same users who defend the club on pretty much anything. Including Rudkin 

I'm actually more bothered about how shady the company is but if people are telling you they've had issues and this impacts their support of the club then you aren't in any position to validate a response by saying oh well get used to it, others do it. 

I agree with this. A gambling sponsor would be someone like Paddy Power or Ladbrokes where you could go to that company and put a bet on. The fact we are unable to put a bet on BC.Game means I can't really see how its going to make people gamble more.

The fact they are paying us however many millions knowing full well the vast majority of supporters won't be able to use the product means that it is clearly part of a scam or money laundering exercise - and they aren't even really trying to hide that fact. It is a very different type of sponsor than a gambling one, and to me, it is even worse.

I get a sense of pride seeing Leicester in the papers, on TV or out and about (worldwide exposure after winning the Premier league, Jamie Vardy on the front of sticker albums etc). And not living in Leicester, I'm the local "Leicester fan" so people see the club and results and think of me and talk to me about the games and I feel pride in that. But now they will look at this scam and associate it with the club and it tarnishes that pride in the club. I actually feel more disgusted than pride.

It does feel as though the club has been getting greedier and greedier and moving further away from the fans, and having this on the shorts now advertises that fact to the world.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Had the moment this morning where the boy came to me with the ipad and said 'i've been to the bcgame website and i cant do anything?'. Managed to bat it off as a 'grown ups website only available in Asia'. He bought that and moved on. For now at least.

I do wonder if they will start doing the same sort videos they did for FBS? At least i was able to say you can only use that if you have a job. A gaming website is different. 

I am going to move on from this one. The sport needs to get a grip on stuff like this in conjunction with all the PSR stuff.

That's a big qualm I have with gambling companies advertising themselves as "gaming". They know that gambling is a dirty word and try to dress themselves up as video games instead.