Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

New Sponsor BC.GAME

On 08/07/2024 at 16:43, slymunn said:

10 million a year looks to be around the Everton/West Ham/Brighton level of deal what I can see online.

Then KP are paying to be on the training kit, plus a sleeve deal could bring it closer to 15 million a year.

It's a 2 year deal with BC.GAME so £15m per year. Think it's still less than FBS which was rumoured to be around £20m per year. 

Just now, brucey said:

It's a 2 year deal with BC.GAME so £15m per year. Think it's still less than FBS which was rumoured to be around £20m per year. 

I think fbs was 12m per season for 3 seasons (and they managed to get out of season 3 due to relegation clause - reduced amount ). I think we retained them for training wear at a knock down fee 

Gambling is prohibited on shirt fronts from 26/27 so can only be two seasons.

i have a feeling that the agreement is for three seasons but season three will see the sponsor on the sleeve/training wear 

4 hours ago, goose2010 said:

And even they are getting abused from our "fans" 

Lineker is very good at pointing the finger - and has his own whiter than white Image to protect.

He worked and was paid in Qatar, he went to court with HMRC over a £5m tax bill, he does a podcast with his best mate Shearer who partners with Betfair. I wouldn't go as far to abuse him on twitter or whatever people are doing, but he uses his platform ''well''.

Edited by Tommy G
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think fbs was 12m per season for 3 seasons (and they managed to get out of season 3 due to relegation clause - reduced amount ). I think we retained them for training wear at a knock down fee 

Gambling is prohibited on shirt fronts from 26/27 so can only be two seasons.

i have a feeling that the agreement is for three seasons but season three will see the sponsor on the sleeve/training wear 

Reported as 2 years from some crypto news site 

Screenshot_20240710_111100.thumb.jpg.61842118d529608864bb71171296a813.jpg

Really hope they don't get on the training wear as well, if the sponsorship amount from that is minimal, then might as well keep the training wear as KP. Leaves an option for a shirt to buy that doesn't have a hideous sponsor on it. 

1 minute ago, brucey said:

Reported as 2 years from some crypto news site 

Screenshot_20240710_111100.thumb.jpg.61842118d529608864bb71171296a813.jpg

Really hope they don't get on the training wear as well, if the sponsorship amount from that is minimal, then might as well keep the training wear as KP. Leaves an option for a shirt to buy that doesn't have a hideous sponsor on it. 

can only be two years as they wont be allowed to have them on the shirts after that. 

I literally couldn't tell you who sponsors who's shirt. 

Although I can remember short sponsors from when I was a kid Crown Paints, Sharpe etc

I'm not saying it's great having gambling companies on shirts, but i don't think it's the crux of gambling addiction 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, MonarchFox said:

Although I can remember short sponsors from when I was a kid Crown Paints, Sharpe etc

I'm not saying it's great having gambling companies on shirts, but i don't think it's the crux of gambling addiction 

Who can forget the hideous Topps Tiles logo. Chairman might quite like  the Topps bit though.

23 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

He did take them to court and won....

Some of my mates do stuff i am not proud of but doesnt stop me being mates with them

He isnt whiter than white i agree but at least he stands up for what he believes in and gambling is a disease that needs to be put under control. 

I'm not big into gambling and I don't disagree - I just don't see the merit in people like Lineker or Shilton wittering about it, Shilton has been done for drink driving twice and sh*gging behind his wife's back lol take with a pinch of salt what he says tbh.  

On 08/07/2024 at 15:41, AjcW said:

"Leicester City owners invest £31m into club through fake gambling company"

Lets be honest, it was the highest bidder that was always going to win. If Russian companies weren't banned we would be sponsored by Putin's Pies.

FBS was only around £8m  and Villa, who have a chance of being in the Champions League group stages this season will only get around £20m a season

The crypto market is where money is for now, but it is about as secure as Beany Babies were in the 90's. Look at the NFT market. At any point, these fake currencies will just collapse. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

I'm not big into gambling and I don't disagree - I just don't see the merit in people like Lineker or Shilton wittering about it, Shilton has been done for drink driving twice and sh*gging behind his wife's back lol take with a pinch of salt what he says tbh.  

Shilton has been very much on gambling addiction in football for a few years now. I believe he was addicted to gambling too at some point. If he was on about us doing that partnership with Jamesons a few months back, he doesn't have a leg to stand on (pun intended) 

28 minutes ago, MonarchFox said:

Do you agree on this, @Ric Flair?

• Like 1

£31.2m from a Crypto Casio company - selling our soul to the devil but beggars can't be choosers - Is it worth avoiding or just reducing a points deduction is the obvious question 

What is apparent is that this board is devoid of scruples as well as being severely incompetent 

• Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
On 05/07/2024 at 13:12, Lako42 said:

Don't buy the shirt 

I’ve read a lot of bollox on this thread, but this one is about spot on. You don’t like it, don’t buy the shirt.

We know that the club has gone to shite anyway so if you don’t agree with the moral compass, boycott it. Have some moral compass of your own 👍

12 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I’ve read a lot of bollox on this thread, but this one is about spot on. You don’t like it, don’t buy the shirt.

We know that the club has gone to shite anyway so if you don’t agree with the moral compass, boycott it. Have some moral compass of your own 👍

Is this issue not that it's front and centre of everything the team do and surrounding everyone on a matchday in the stands? I don't think it's as simple as don't buy it.

Guest Chocolate Teapot
On 10/07/2024 at 11:10, Tommy G said:

Lineker is very good at pointing the finger - and has his own whiter than white Image to protect.

He worked and was paid in Qatar, he went to court with HMRC over a £5m tax bill, he does a podcast with his best mate Shearer who partners with Betfair. I wouldn't go as far to abuse him on twitter or whatever people are doing, but he uses his platform ''well''.

Went to court....and won.

Completed a contractual obligation for the bbc that happened to be in Qatar.

And your last point seems to 'he does a podcast' 🤣

Any actual evidence to back up your baseless accusation?

Guest Chocolate Teapot
On 10/07/2024 at 11:49, ramboacdc said:

Shilton has been very much on gambling addiction in football for a few years now. I believe he was addicted to gambling too at some point. If he was on about us doing that partnership with Jamesons a few months back, he doesn't have a leg to stand on (pun intended) 

It's best to take to what the cube says with a pinch of salt tbh.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I saw plenty of people with the new shirt at Kasabian on Saturday - they looked daft.

Unfortunately proved the point for me that this fanbase has a huge number of NPCs who will throw money at the club without a second of critical thinking.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Guest Col city fan
19 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

I saw plenty of people with the new shirt at Kasabian on Saturday - they looked daft.

Unfortunately proved the point for me that this fanbase has a huge number of NPCs who will throw money at the club without a second of critical thinking.

I think that’s true. There will be loads of people who blindly buy the shirts without even knowing who the sponsor is.

Football fans of course represent the wider public ie there will be a proportion who are stupid.

There is so much hypocrisy in the world and, especially in football fanism. The same people who publically have stated they detest gambling will buy the shirt, simply because they want to. The moral compass will vanish when they want it to.