Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

New Sponsor BC.GAME

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

we're massive

A quick google says Most viewed tweet was Tucker Carlson’s interview with President Donald J. Trump in August 2023, which has amassed over 267 million views, the figure in the statement was made in February 2024 6 months later 

4 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

A quick google says Most viewed tweet was Tucker Carlson’s interview with President Donald J. Trump in August 2023, which has amassed over 267 million views, the figure in the statement was made in February 2024 6 months later 

Well this random tweet has demolished that.  Must be something wrong.  No way are over 600m people interested in this 😂

IMG_3033.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

https://foxestrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/09/FCC-Summary-Points-24.07.2024-FCC.pdf

Susan Whelan wanted to address any concerns over the new front-of-shirt sponsor for the men’s team. The two highest value proposals for the new front-of-shirt partnerships were both in the Betting section. BC Game is a two-year deal, and the biggest in the Club’s history. Extensive due diligence was undertaken to ensure suitability with the Club’s values and BC Games commitment and Community programmes.

Edited by moore_94

31 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

https://foxestrust.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2024/09/FCC-Summary-Points-24.07.2024-FCC.pdf

Susan Whelan wanted to address any concerns over the new front-of-shirt sponsor for the men’s team. The two highest value proposals for the new front-of-shirt partnerships were both in the Betting section. BC Game is a two-year deal, and the biggest in the Club’s history. Extensive due diligence was undertaken to ensure suitability with the Club’s values and BC Games commitment and Community programmes.

@Foxes_Trust have the club provided evidence of what their due diligence was?

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

The company i work for do massive amounts of work with Pepsico (who own Walkers) and i was speaking to their marketing team about LCFC. They said they were invited to the tender for the new shirts, they did put what they called an over and above offer to the club that would they thought would be enough - i asked how much, they wouldnt say but he did say it was more than a lot of other premier league teams. They heard nothing until after the BC Game deal was announced. They were then told they were unsuccessful. 

• Sad 5
  • Haha 1

Just now, goose2010 said:

The company i work for do massive amounts of work with Pepsico (who own Walkers) and i was speaking to their marketing team about LCFC. They said they were invited to the tender for the new shirts, they did put what they called an over and above offer to the club that would they thought would be enough - i asked how much, they wouldnt say but he did say it was more than a lot of other premier league teams. They heard nothing until after the BC Game deal was announced. They were then told they were unsuccessful. 

I remember a rumour of that a few months ago - wouldn't be surprised at all

5 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

They heard nothing until after the BC Game deal was announced. They were then told they were unsuccessful. 

So unprofessional!

8 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Commercially this BC.GAME deal obviously makes more sense - they're obviously paying more. I would have preferred a Walkers sponsorship, but lets not kid ourselves that the likes of Pepsico aren't complete bastards too.

• Like 4

On 07/08/2024 at 19:11, SilverFox said:

Well this random tweet has demolished that.  Must be something wrong.  No way are over 600m people interested in this 😂

IMG_3033.jpeg

1.8 BILLION. 

Twitter is so ****ed now, just only fans, bots and AI auto replies in an ocean of software bugs.

11 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Commercially this BC.GAME deal obviously makes more sense - they're obviously paying more. I would have preferred a Walkers sponsorship, but lets not kid ourselves that the likes of Pepsico aren't complete bastards too.

I guess it depends how much they were outbid by. As you would expect shirt sales to have increased if they had gone for walkers - at least the kids could have had the same shirt as the players! 

Yeah of course they have their issues like the majority of all other global organisations but I not sure you can compare them to 'front' of one of the worst gambling companies in the world. 

11 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I guess it depends how much they were outbid by. As you would expect shirt sales to have increased if they had gone for walkers - at least the kids could have had the same shirt as the players! 

Yeah of course they have their issues like the majority of all other global organisations but I not sure you can compare them to 'front' of one of the worst gambling companies in the world. 

Pretty major issue, actively selling seed oil and sugar laden "food" that they deliberately develop to be addictive to children. Driving an obesity and inflammation epidemic in the name of sweet, sweet profits. I would suggest they are even more detrimental to society than gambling.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, chuddy8 said:

Pretty major issue, actively selling seed oil and sugar laden "food" that they deliberately develop to be addictive to children. Driving an obesity and inflammation epidemic in the name of sweet, sweet profits. I would suggest they are even more detrimental to society than gambling.

Oooooh we've found a seed oil nonce. Let me guess you follow Tonic Health? 

Seed oil in the UK vs Seed oil in the UK are two very different things... unfortunately the Tonic Health bloke is pedling missinformation based on US studies.

Was only 10 years ago Rapeseed oil was the next big health trend. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

It's swings and roundabouts, these gambling lot are obviously horrible dirty bastards, but the likes of Pepsico and Coca-Cola commit human rights violations, they're responsible for an astronomical amount of plastic waste, they're destroying the rainforests for palm oil, they employ trade union busters - and that's just scratching the surface.

10 minutes ago, chuddy8 said:

I'm not going to defend them as i have zero links with them and don't have the knowledge on the facts like you both obviously do have. One thing is for sure i dont think you could find a shirt sponsor in the premier league that is a completely ethical company and unfortunately it is a sad state of affairs that we currently live in. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

I'm not going to defend them as i have zero links with them and don't have the knowledge on the facts like you both obviously do have. One thing is for sure i dont think you could find a shirt sponsor in the premier league that is a completely ethical company and unfortunately it is a sad state of affairs that we currently live in. 

American Express (Brighton) or Standard Chartered (Liverpool)?

16 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

It's swings and roundabouts, these gambling lot are obviously horrible dirty bastards, but the likes of Pepsico and Coca-Cola commit human rights violations, they're responsible for an astronomical amount of plastic waste, they're destroying the rainforests for palm oil, they employ trade union busters - and that's just scratching the surface.

I'd like to see sources for alot of these claims . As through previous personal experience I know for a fact PepsiCo look after and pay staff and suppliers above the market rate and are very much on it when it comes to Human rights and total allow Union membership. 

Not saying they're are perfect but I'd sooner them than alot of multi nationals on the front of our shirts .

9 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Ed Sheeran

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

One thing is for sure i dont think you could find a shirt sponsor in the premier league that is a completely ethical company

Chelsea have a very ethical front-of-shirt sponsor right now :ph34r:
image.thumb.jpeg.20695dacfebc51795bd3761a899119e0.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Oooooh we've found a seed oil nonce. Let me guess you follow Tonic Health? 

Seed oil in the UK vs Seed oil in the UK are two very different things... unfortunately the Tonic Health bloke is pedling missinformation based on US studies.

Was only 10 years ago Rapeseed oil was the next big health trend. 

No, I follow Chris Masterjohn (google his credentials) who explains how seed oils are an oxidative liability, and that they also use hexane to extract the oil from the seeds.

I would avoid it if I were you, now back to the topic...