Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

New Sponsor BC.GAME

10 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Does the club have much morals anymore?..

Only when bowing to images in public of "The Boss" and parading with "The Monks", busy fcuking us all over at all other times.I'll not be buying any more of the merchandise whilst they are "running" the club.

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Does anyone believe that FBS a was a straightforward sponsorship agreement ?

does anyone believe that BC game is a straightforward sponsorship agreement ?

does anyone believe that king power might be making investments in these business’?

and we’re not alone btw 

The problem is with PSR  it’s forcing clubs to raise more revenue through commercial sponsorship and partnerships, unfortunately that means decisions are now being made purely on financial merits rather than cultural fit and alignment. 

I am far from enamoured with the running of our club, but there is a little bit of damned if we do and damned if we don’t. We need finances to be competitive and compliant but that comes at a cost and these types of deals and unsavoury partnerships will become more and more par for the course not just with us but with most clubs who want to be competitive in the top flight. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

Genuinely wonder what Vichai would make of the state of the club

I don’t really buy this line - they made their fortune directly through their relationship with the Thai Royals. The Trestellar (sp?) deal wasn’t exactly squeaky clean with our FFP avoidance attempt in the early 10s.

I appreciate that in Thai society you need to curry favour to get ahead, it’s shrewd - I’m not knocking it but hiding behind an idealised version of Vichai is a bit of a fallacy because it can’t be disproved either way.

However I do think he’d have been far more decisive than Top ever had been which I think is what you’re saying (not being facetious).

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

I appreciate that in Thai society you need to curry favour to get ahead, it’s shrewd - I’m not knocking it but hiding behind an idealised version of Vichai is a bit of a fallacy because it can’t be disproved either way.

Subliminal mind control, you want me to eat a Thai flavoured curry,

20 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

The problem is with PSR  it’s forcing clubs to raise more revenue through commercial sponsorship and partnerships, unfortunately that means decisions are now being made purely on financial merits rather than cultural fit and alignment. 

I am far from enamoured with the running of our club, but there is a little bit of damned if we do and damned if we don’t. We need finances to be competitive and compliant but that comes at a cost and these types of deals and unsavoury partnerships will become more and more par for the course not just with us but with most clubs who want to be competitive in the top flight. 

And the more obscure and away from regulatory authorities the better 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Everyone is calling for us to bring in as much revenue as possible? How many that you consider morally acceptable are going to do that?

6 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

I know its not, im being flippant. I wish the whole industry wasn't using sponsors like this but we've seen other clubs who haven't cared gain revenue advantages. We've all criticised the club on not maximising shirt revenue but the reality is this is what you end up with.

Looking forward to some nice Jamie Vardy vids of him playing slots on his phone.

I think you may be generalising 

5 hours ago, dylanlegend said:

A lot of PL teams have these sponsors, once again this is a product of FFP. To compete with the others we have to take the highest offer on the table to allow us to invest the most without falling foul of FFP. 

If you think there’s any morality left in top tier football these days you are naive. 

Stop hating on the board for every decision they make. I remember the non investment years prior to king power and trust me that’s less fun 

“The non investment years prior to king power”. You mean our whole existence as a club prior to 2010? 

Like I said, I get football is a business and I understand PSR means clubs are apparently clawing for money where they can. But I have always felt LCFC were ‘one of the good guys’ and made decisions that represented our standing as a family club and part of the community of Leicester. We can be successful on and off the pitch without having to sell our soul. 

16 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

“The non investment years prior to king power”. You mean our whole existence as a club prior to 2010? 

Like I said, I get football is a business and I understand PSR means clubs are apparently clawing for money where they can. But I have always felt LCFC were ‘one of the good guys’ and made decisions that represented our standing as a family club and part of the community of Leicester. We can be successful on and off the pitch without having to sell our soul. 

Top six are forcing clubs to take other routes, sadly similar to theirs

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Noahfence said:

King Power dictatorship needs to end 

Do they have too much control over too many aspects of the running of the club?

Edited by Wymsey

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

made purely on financial merits rather than cultural fit and alignment.

Yeah, but the club could choose to launder money through less obvious vehicles. KP are the PL equivalent of a high street  Turkish barbers. Everyone knows it but nobody can be arsed..

Why don't they invent an absurd new beach resort in Nigeria and claim they are sponsoring us? Or invent an ethical diamond mining company in Nigeria, or coffee producer and plaster that over the shirts. But nope, **** that, .let's invent a crypto gambling business.