Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

New Sponsor BC.GAME

9 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Only if BC Games in house Crypto token moons - because that’s what our sponsorship is being paid in.

Crypto will start mooning once the governments start printing money. They always do it around the time of the US election and crypto starts mooning hard and you hear of people making massive gains. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

As a recovering compulsive gambler this is extremely disappointing. I'm not against the act if gambling, the overwhelming majority of the world can do so without it devastating those and their families lives but it's the carte blanche a lot of these companies have in doing what they want.

I can see the temptation for Leicester to chase the revenue, but our links to such firms is uncomfortable (see the link below for past examples) and I wonder where in the list of priorities does it rank for the club. 

https://www.playthegame.org/news/meet-the-hydras-tracing-the-illegal-gambling-operators-that-sponsor-football/

I'm as disconnected as ever to our football club, I wonder what it would take for me to walk away. I can't ever envisage it but this sort of stuff hurts me.

A very honest post that must have been very  hard to write.

I looked at it as we need as much revenue as possible ATM. So didn't really care where it came from.

Having read and trusting what you've said (not that I would think you could lie about it) I'm now thinking about it in a very different way.

Stay strong Ric.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, FoxesTez said:

Just one thing after another with this club at the minute. Very little to look forward to, honestly considering chucking it all in. 

Here you go: www.dcfc.co.uk.    We shall miss you.

5 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

It’s quite simple for me. I’ll never be a walking billboard for shady companies like this. Paying to be one is unimaginable. 

i 100% agree with you. Unfortunately, it feels like the club have considered the possible drop in shirt sales and have realized they’ll be financially better off by having this sponsor :(

IMO I don't think any club should have a shirt sponsor. The shirt should be about the club period.

I'd rather just see the word "Foxes" on the front in some decent font or something related to the club (and not the ownership or their business).

I suppose if you allow Advertising boards perhaps it would get stuck there instead (still annoying!)

The things clubs are doing to raise funds to compete with the big barstards. Sad.

I’m too fickle a football fan to get on my high horse about this specifically & I can understand the necessity of having that kind of sponsor on our kit. 

The biggest disappointment for me is that because of our recent success we were so recognisable with a King Power kit. 

We’ve really fallen in to being one of the riff raft of the Premier League, we are the same as everybody else now whereas for a short while we had our own identity too. 

• Like 1

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/Zx48vSdGRr4LKfC1/?mibextid=D5vuiz

Interesting watch about the online crypto gambling / gaming apps that seem to be popping up all over Asia at the moment. 

I live in Thailand and I see many young Thai folk on these types of apps. 

Also the Thai government plan to make Thailand a gambling hub for tourist in the near future, wouldn't surprise me if King Power have a part to play in it all. 

6 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

IMO I don't think any club should have a shirt sponsor. The shirt should be about the club period.

I'd rather just see the word "Foxes" on the front in some decent font or something related to the club (and not the ownership or their business).

I suppose if you allow Advertising boards perhaps it would get stuck there instead (still annoying!)

The things clubs are doing to raise funds to compete with the big barstards. Sad.

Can't remember the name of the club, but a few years ago there was one that did quite the opposite and put the name of a charity on the front of their shirt to support it. A nice thing to see for a change.

Perhaps we should just put 'Ward' on the front of ours?  🤔

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, MPH said:

Heaven forbid anyone dare share their opinion  about Leicester City on a Leicester City discussion forum…

Not saying that some of the points raised are not valid, but the continual flood of moans/complaints does get a bit tiresome.  (the owners/the board/ the last manager/the current manager/ the last sponsors/the current sponsors/the style of play/ players not leaving/players not arriving.....)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, PaulW said:

Not saying that some of the points raised are not valid, but the continual flood of moans/complaints does get a bit tiresome.  (the owners/the board/ the last manager/the current manager/ the last sponsors/the current sponsors/the style of play/ players not leaving/players not arriving.....)

It's incessant.

And you'll notice in the match day threads it's the same individuals over and over and over again. They then are nowhere to be seen if we win.

• Like 2

Just been thinking about this and I actually think this sponsor is much worse that the FBS deal from a moral standpoint. Whilst FBS was another dodgy company dressed up to be something it wasn't, the logo was at least pretty vague. You'd have to look it up to confirm your suspicions, and it certainly had little influence over kids.

This new sponsor for me will entice kids and young adults into exploring what it is as they may assume it is something video-game related. It's glamourising gambling and potentially enticing them into a world many will be unaware of. So much for trying to be a family club.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

As a recovering compulsive gambler this is extremely disappointing. I'm not against the act if gambling, the overwhelming majority of the world can do so without it devastating those and their families lives but it's the carte blanche a lot of these companies have in doing what they want.

I can see the temptation for Leicester to chase the revenue, but our links to such firms is uncomfortable (see the link below for past examples) and I wonder where in the list of priorities does it rank for the club. 

https://www.playthegame.org/news/meet-the-hydras-tracing-the-illegal-gambling-operators-that-sponsor-football/

I'm as disconnected as ever to our football club, I wonder what it would take for me to walk away. I can't ever envisage it but this sort of stuff hurts me.

could be said to be worse that we’ve chosen a gambling company that’s ultra shady 

but then given the mechanics of what we’re actually doing, doesn’t it have to be ? (And let’s not pretend we’re on our own on this) 

I can see the club defending themselves off the record by asking if anyone would actually use this gaming site ? I mean a straight scam Google check provides so many bad reviews that you’d surely go elsewhere !

I can see this ending badly - it’s potentially trestellar levels of incompetence!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PaulW said:

You will always get moaners even when things are going well but I reckon the majority just go with what is happening and if it is calm on and off the pitch then complaints would be quieter.

Unfortunately, the club are giving us lots to complain about currently.

11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Wow, that article is eye-opening. Though it comes as no surprise that all these BS gambling brands sponsoring European football are dodgy as frig.

• Like 1

Another dodgy af money laundering "betting company". We aren't the first and won't be the last but just a further reason why I struggle to connect to any level of pride in the football club these days. I want us to win more than any other team around, but real pride and passion in my blood about why Leicester is the best club to follow....that's starting to be a melancholic feeling of the past rather than anything current.