Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

New Kit New Thread

6 minutes ago, Bilo said:

This is what drives me insane. There is absolutely no excuse for us to have horrible kits.

Imagine the running fox on a green and yellow pinstriped kit. I'd be buying it the second I'd finished my wank.

The issue we have is that the adidas template kits made available to us will be very limited because we aren’t a big player when it comes to shirt sales. The more you sell the better the options are leading up to complete freedom with designs when you are a global brand like Yanited.

1 minute ago, RYM said:

The issue we have is that the adidas template kits made available to us will be very limited because we aren’t a big player when it comes to shirt sales. The more you sell the better the options are leading up to complete freedom with designs when you are a global brand like Yanited.

I don’t think this is entirely true really, it’s more the fault of whoever at the club who is making the final decision on the options adidas offer us 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I don’t think this is entirely true really, it’s more the fault of whoever at the club who is making the final decision on the options adidas offer us 

It’s entirely true unfortunately. I was involved in the process at Brentford that’s how adidas work. You are very very limited if you don’t have selling power.

8 minutes ago, RYM said:

It’s entirely true unfortunately. I was involved in the process at Brentford that’s how adidas work. You are very very limited if you don’t have selling power.

Fair play you have more inside knowledge but there’s plenty of kits adidas have given clubs below their big clubs, that aren’t as bad as ours. 

5 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

Fair play you have more inside knowledge but there’s plenty of kits adidas have given clubs below their big clubs, that aren’t as bad as ours. 

The first year my two lads haven’t wanted a new shirt as they don’t like them. They are early teens, so target market.

Edited by RYM

34 minutes ago, RYM said:

Even then, though, I would rather have vanilla kits than outright monstrosities like the away kit. Would it be that difficult for us to have a decent, solid white away kit? Or red? If Leeds can have that kind of kit in the Championship, I see little reason why we couldn't. 

57 minutes ago, RYM said:

It is a bit of a sliding scale, no? We're a club with a bigger, more established fanbase than Brentford are, but obviously behind Newcastle/Leeds/Villa and far behind the adidas elite of Man Utd, Arsenal and soon to be joined by Liverpool

I'd expect the club are afforded some design freedom that they're just not making use of, and leaving it all up to adidas so whichever commercial executive just points at one of the options they're given on a piece of paper.

The adidas club roster is going to get rather bloated though so I wonder if we're better off jumping to another manufacturer - back in 18/19 the only PL team clearly ahead of us in adidas's pecking order was Man Utd, now we're down to 5th and soon to be 6th.

7 minutes ago, lfu said:

It is a bit of a sliding scale, no? We're a club with a bigger, more established fanbase than Brentford are, but obviously behind Newcastle/Leeds/Villa and far behind the adidas elite of Man Utd, Arsenal and soon to be joined by Liverpool

I'd expect the club are afforded some design freedom that they're just not making use of, and leaving it all up to adidas so whichever commercial executive just points at one of the options they're given on a piece of paper.

The adidas club roster is going to get rather bloated though so I wonder if we're better off jumping to another manufacturer - back in 18/19 the only PL team clearly ahead of us in adidas's pecking order was Man Utd, now we're down to 5th and soon to be 6th.

We know it'll be a template but honestly someone in the club has zero clue when selecting the final designs. Probably the same ones who design the player t-shirts for £25.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, lfu said:

Umbro and Hummel give better flexibility and are very focussed on what the fans want, what has worked historically and they will try and nod to tradition at every possibility. Umbro were great to work, Adidas are just so ridged. 

One year we were basically given a brown and orange away kit! It was awful. The fans slated it understandably. I mentioned how we handled it on the BSLB podcast on 45 mins Jaffa Cakes Kit !

Edited by RYM
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Umbro do some absolutely beautiful retro kits. I'd be happy with them manufacturing our kits.

They were great. You basically have a blank canvass with very few limitations.

Even when we launched the Umbro deal they let me involve, fans and players and instead of the usual “delighted” crap I asked those fans involved (based on loyalty points and other activities with the club / community trust) to release the news at 10am one day from their own socials.

Those little things matter IMO. 

Umbro

Edited by RYM
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RYM said:

Templates yes, but surely not colours? Why would we choose to have something like this away kit in those colours? Why could we not have the same template, in yellow, with blue trims and our running fox badge? 

A lot of clubs, including United, have opted for the same template on the home shirt, the only thing different from theirs to our is the shape of the collar. 

The away shirt we've chosen is probably the worst we've had, ever. 

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Templates yes, but surely not colours? Why would we choose to have something like this away kit in those colours? Why could we not have the same template, in yellow, with blue trims and our running fox badge? 

A lot of clubs, including United, have opted for the same template on the home shirt, the only thing different from theirs to our is the shape of the collar. 

The away shirt we've chosen is probably the worst we've had, ever. 

Yeah colours too! I just mentioned in a previous post how at Brentford we were basically given a brown kit as the away kit one year. It’s a wild process. Adidas aren’t a great “technical” partner for club or fans TBH. Looks good as they are a premium sports brand but when it comes to what you and I love about football, they aren’t the best!

3 minutes ago, RYM said:

Yeah colours too! I just mentioned in a previous post how at Brentford we were basically given a brown kit as the away kit one year. It’s a wild process. Adidas aren’t a great “technical” partner for club or fans TBH. Looks good as they are a premium sports brand but when it comes to what you and I love about football, they aren’t the best!

I'm not doubting your greater knowledge on this subject compared to mine, but this doesn't make sense to me. We had 2 bespoke kits last season, not just one and a couple of generic templates, but we had embossed fox heads on the home shirt and a nod to history in the away. No way that this season Adidas have chucked a few templates at us this year, colours and all, and just told us to pick one. And even if they did, whoever decided on this away kit is so hugely disconnected from the fan base they might as well follow another sport let alone another team. 

They surely must have some sort of catalogue, with colour choices when it comes to templates? Even a Sunday league side gets to pick and order in bulk a particular template in whatever colour they want 😂

22 minutes ago, RYM said:

You seem to know your onions on this, do you know what the deal is with Leeds and Adidas?

I remember last year there kits had some design involvement from a local company and they seemed to get some really decent stuff from adidas, this year looks the same again. I know their generally a cooler club than us but it’s quite annoying seeing them get it so right and still being sponsored by adidas 

7 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

You seem to know your onions on this, do you know what the deal is with Leeds and Adidas?

I remember last year there kits had some design involvement from a local company and they seemed to get some really decent stuff from adidas, this year looks the same again. I know their generally a cooler club than us but it’s quite annoying seeing them get it so right and still being sponsored by adidas 

I don’t know the ins or outs of our deal or Leeds’ but they’ll have a better deal than us as they will sell 1000’s and 1000’s more shirts than us.

You’re basically asked to guarantee sales of XYZ and if you don’t there are clauses.

They have a massive reach too really because of their previous successes despite only being a championship club.

• Like 1