Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

New Kit New Thread

12 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Are we getting one of these different badges that Adidas seem to be doing this year? Like they have for Newcastle and Leeds. 

No, but we’re getting the Straight Back Down graphic in the centre to keep our fans expectations in check.

Soccer03 website have the home shirt up now for those that don't mind paying a reasonable price for an average kit.

Apparently you have to go a size bigger than you normally would, but the quality off there is very good. I could spend a few hundred on the Italian shirts alone :sweating:

Screenshot_20240731-220830.png

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Soccer03 website have the home shirt up now for those that don't mind paying a reasonable price for an average kit.

Apparently you have to go a size bigger than you normally would, but the quality off there is very good. I could spend a few hundred on the Italian shirts alone :sweating:

Screenshot_20240731-220830.png

I got the England away shirt from there in the summer quality is superb delivery took about a week 

7 hours ago, kyleolly said:

Saying I’ve just gone to purchase a shirt and they tried to take $157 from my account lol

It wouldn’t have been in dollars. It would’ve been HKD. I’ve just ordered my lad a Bellingham shirt from there as a punt. £14ish. But NatWest took 150 HKD from my account which converts to around £14.

Essentially it’s still the same as buying from the Gate. Just a different interface.

The swirls on the side of the Leicester kit don’t look right to my eye. Fabric perhaps a touch darker too.

Edited by phoneticerror

On 24/07/2024 at 21:44, phoneticerror said:

I haven’t fannied around with the yellow, but a simple hue change shows what it’d look like with a blue/green tint.

lcfcblue.jpeg.bb8674b29bc20b7b7115c59472a692c2.jpeg

looks like a YTS Painter & Deco lad has worn his Leicester kit to work on his fist day and the elders have rollered him for making shit tea...

Personally, I wouldn't buy a knock-off shirt for several reasons:

- I wouldn't trust the shirt quality no matter what other people say

- I don't trust the sellers with my data

- I don't trust that there isn't child or forced labour in the supply chain.

BUT, I don't blame a lot of people for using buying them.

The kits are astronomical in price for ordinary working people. If you have multiple kids wanting multiple shirts you'll have to compromise. But if you can't afford a shirt at all, then these sellers must be so, so tempting.

This is compounded by having a new tranche of kits and training gear every single season. Not to mention that official suppliers have been subject to allegations of dodgy employment practices themselves.

We live in a murky world.

18 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

looks like a YTS Painter & Deco lad has worn his Leicester kit to work on his fist day and the elders have rollered him for making shit tea...

Tbf I'm more concerned a YTS painting and decorating scheme involves a full day of fisting.   

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Trent Steel said:

Finger on the pulse here. YTS ended 35 years ago. 

• Haha 1

I was just watching a YouTube video by ‘Vizeh’ and it was all about kit prices/random shit you can get from a club shop.

Given some of the examples on there, we’re really not that bad.

Vid link if anyones interested; 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Personally, I wouldn't buy a knock-off shirt for several reasons:

- I wouldn't trust the shirt quality no matter what other people say

- I don't trust the sellers with my data

- I don't trust that there isn't child or forced labour in the supply chain.

BUT, I don't blame a lot of people for using buying them.

The kits are astronomical in price for ordinary working people. If you have multiple kids wanting multiple shirts you'll have to compromise. But if you can't afford a shirt at all, then these sellers must be so, so tempting.

This is compounded by having a new tranche of kits and training gear every single season. Not to mention that official suppliers have been subject to allegations of dodgy employment practices themselves.

We live in a murky world.

Think the second point is totally valid and my genuine concern. But having picked up a shirt from eBay (so I can't say for sure it was a fake) the quality is pretty much just as good and I think that's the case now outside of Ali Express/DH Gate. 

In terms of the child labour point, I think most of these come from the same factories as the real thing. No way that Nike, Adidas etc. aren't exploiting people to make these shirts. Now, not saying that makes a fake better as it's likely that the conditions for a fake are worse, but I'd also say there's an argument that it's better that a tiny amount of money goes to dodgy sources that a bucket load to the greedy corporations who have their own shady and exploitative processes.

I'd never have considered it before I bought that England shirt (which also wasn't dirt cheap) but I think the moral justification is there to buying a fake shirt. Or there is a least a big question mark over whether it is in fact worse to buy these fakes.

Edited by dmayne7