Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

New Kit New Thread

On 01/08/2024 at 14:27, ALC Fox said:

Personally, I wouldn't buy a knock-off shirt for several reasons:

- I wouldn't trust the shirt quality no matter what other people say

- I don't trust the sellers with my data

- I don't trust that there isn't child or forced labour in the supply chain.

BUT, I don't blame a lot of people for using buying them.

The kits are astronomical in price for ordinary working people. If you have multiple kids wanting multiple shirts you'll have to compromise. But if you can't afford a shirt at all, then these sellers must be so, so tempting.

This is compounded by having a new tranche of kits and training gear every single season. Not to mention that official suppliers have been subject to allegations of dodgy employment practices themselves.

We live in a murky world.

The nice thing about buying from Nike or Adidas is you guarantee a child has been forced into making not just one but hundreds of ‘official’ shirts in the same day.

• Like 2

I notice that the club still aren’t selling the kit on the adidas website. They’ve still not quite got over the discount on the relegation year kit 😂

I also find it strange that last season, adidas were selling white shorts for the home kit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

The nice thing about buying from Nike or Adidas is you guarantee a child has been forced into making not just one but hundreds of ‘official’ shirts in the same day.

Indeed

On 03/08/2024 at 07:59, phoneticerror said:

I notice that the club still aren’t selling the kit on the adidas website. They’ve still not quite got over the discount on the relegation year kit 😂

I also find it strange that last season, adidas were selling white shorts for the home kit.

Its the same most years on the Adidas website as its tend to be a month or so before it goes on there. 

Not sure if it was from that dodgy deal Leicester had with JD Sports the other year, or exclusivity in the shop for sales.

4 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

would have made a nice away kit especially compared to what we have ended up with. 

The club/adidas know what they are doing. Nobody buys either the home or away shirt if they were training tops…

12 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

The club/adidas know what they are doing. Nobody buys either the home or away shirt if they were training tops…

not so sure, i would say i see more of the aztec style training top from last season than the away shirts from last year especially the black one.

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

not so sure, i would say i see more of the aztec style training top from last season than the away shirts from last year especially the black one.

Nah, generally speaking people are most likely to buy kits as that’s what players wear than training kits that rarely get seen and this is why you see so many clubs with significantly better designs on training tops- as it’s the only way they sell.

Well the dark green quarter zip got purchased immediately lol 

Guessing we will be wearing/releasing the 3rd kit on Saturday?

Amazed they didn't time it around the open training session 

• Like 1

ESPN TOP 20 PL kits Leicester Come 14th in their top 20 list the Away kit has really been described well !!😂

Away: The away kit is black with a hazy orange and pink spray effect around the edges that leaves the essential elements -- the logos, crests and all-important sponsor -- easily apparent. According to Adidas, the splatter pattern is inspired by the street art and murals seen around the city of Leicester, although this design looks more like the part of the wall where spray cans are tested before the real work begins.

IMG_8665.jpeg

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

ESPN TOP 20 PL kits Leicester Come 14th in their top 20 list the Away kit has really been described well !!😂

Away: The away kit is black with a hazy orange and pink spray effect around the edges that leaves the essential elements -- the logos, crests and all-important sponsor -- easily apparent. According to Adidas, the splatter pattern is inspired by the street art and murals seen around the city of Leicester, although this design looks more like the part of the wall where spray cans are tested before the real work begins.

IMG_8665.jpeg

Is this just a template kit? Surely if so there's no inspiration? Just picked from a catalogue 

3 hours ago, justfoxes said:

IMG_8665.jpeg

"Inspired by the murals and street art seen around the city" 

The inspiration: 

0_016CG_TEM_030619tagstagsJPG.jpg

Absolutely honking shirt, man. One of the worst ever. 

Edited by RoboFox
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Just had a very large forest fan walk past the house in the olive green one… turns out that one is very much on offer to any adidas team lol 

The dark green one is as well, I’ve seen Wolves in it.

7 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

The dark green one is as well, I’ve seen Wolves in it.

I can cope with wolves (mainly because I’ve just bought that colour lol

• Haha 1