Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Bobby De Cordova-Reid joins permanently - Official

For me he starts when we are likely to be defending our box (like last night) but i fully expect Mavididi to come in when we are going to attack more. 

Last season we saw that Mavididi doesnt track as well as Fatawu so BCR will come in when we need him to help out the left back. 

He is a decent option to have.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, dooflip said:

Mavididi is by far a better player technically and going forward, buy Coops got it spot on in the first half, Mavididi didn’t fit in to the first half game plan.

Huh?

Mavididi's defensive stats are better than Reid's? Why wouldn't he fit into the anti-football gameplan? 

Reid was OK defensively, but so many forward moves ended with him in the first half - It was infuriating.

I'm sure people watched a different game to me last night.

Edited by James_lcfc
  • Like 2

People will talk about Buonanotte but I was quietly impressed with BCDR yesterday particularly when the pace of the game increased in the second half. Mavididi I guess will be first choice on the left wing but presumably is the second striker until somebody comes in. If you watch the highlights back there was one very nice touch during a flowing move in the second half

It was more so when it was a terrible ball high into him and then he saved it from going out of play with honestly some really good ball control. I do agree, Mav is first choice but he's definitely not a terrible replacement to have and will prove useful in games. 

5 minutes ago, Daggers said:

You had too many sugars in your morning coffee lol

1 minute ago, themightyfin said:

Easy tiger 

19 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Bobby D did will last night.

The first half performance was part of the game plan. People will say we were awful, and to be honest, if you are taking it out of context then we were. But when you consider that the game plan was to sit back, soak it up, frustrate and keep it tight, get to half time, and we did well.

Nobody was technically amazing in the first half, because that’s not the game we were playing at that point.

I was really impressed with the defensive shift Bobby, Fatawu, Buonannotte put in. They were everywhere!

Mavididi is by far a better player technically and going forward, buy Coops got it spot on in the first half, Mavididi didn’t fit in to the first half game plan.

Cooper himself said we didn't do what we needed to be doing in the first half. Positionally, off the ball we weren't good which meant that when we got on the ball, we couldn't do anything with it. 

That first half performance WASN'T part of the game-plan and that isn't my opinion. That's our managers. 

This lad is a premier league player that puts a shift in , not top 6 for sure but exactly what we need now, no shortage of skill and rolls his sleeves up. Just watched again and he did more than most of the wimps in our relegation season in that game. Not a marque signing but exactly the sort you need to keep you in the game. I was impressed

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dooflip said:

Bobby D did will last night.

The first half performance was part of the game plan. People will say we were awful, and to be honest, if you are taking it out of context then we were. But when you consider that the game plan was to sit back, soak it up, frustrate and keep it tight, get to half time, and we did well.

Nobody was technically amazing in the first half, because that’s not the game we were playing at that point.

I was really impressed with the defensive shift Bobby, Fatawu, Buonannotte put in. They were everywhere!

It wasn't part of the game plan and we were awful. Cooper has spoken about trying to address how we were first half as tatically that wasn't what he wanted. Second half was more what he expected. As a team we seemed to push a yard further up the pitch.

For me, his position is one that's up for grabs.

• Like 2

Coops doesn't fancy Cannon, which is fair enough at Prem level. I'm sure he'll end up at Stoke or some such for the season which will benefit him.

So, it could be as simple as until we sign a striker Mavs will be benched to remain fresh to come on up front for Vards.  

Subsequently, BCR will probably continue to slot in,.as he's the new Albrighton -- like Hamza is the new Amartey 😜

• Like 1

It's a game of opinions! I thought he had a solid game. He's not going to set the world alight but certainly puts in the effort  and he had some good touches. I can see why Fulham fans liked him if he gives you a solid 7/10 most weeks.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

It's a game of opinions! I thought he had a solid game. He's not going to set the world alight but certainly puts in the effort  and he had some good touches. I can see why Fulham fans liked him if he gives you a solid 7/10 most weeks.

I share this opinion. Decent squad player, that I think we can trust and rely on when we need to. Steady Eddie with a great attitude and work ethic - we need some of those.

54 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Not exactly sure what you saw / expected from a signing like this? All teams need them and if he played in our relegation season instead of down  tools Tielemans we might have stayed up but each to his own ..

Reid's best return in the PL is 6 goals. Hardly amazing..

Not sure why you're picking on Tielemens though. If you want to blame one player for our relegation then look no further than Ward.

• Like 3

Surprised by the levels of credit BDCR got for yesterday. I thought he was our worst player on the pitch of those who started the game. He got better in the second half but he was still levels below the performance that we’d expect from Mavididi. Hes perhaps a bit more disciplined defensively than Mavs but got he’s quite a lot to do for me if he wants to stay in the team. 

• Like 2

He didn't give up. Every team needs a grafter. It's his first game proper with us, and he showed moments of quality as well. Whether there is a place for both De-Cordova-Reid & Mavididi in the same starting 11 is going to be interesting.