Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Bobby De Cordova-Reid joins permanently - Official

12 minutes ago, Gav_LCFC14 said:

Him and Ayew are good options coming off the bench with 20/30 mins to go. The fact they're going to be considered starters is disgraceful from the management of the club.

There’s nothing in the first two games that would suggest BDCR would be anything other than an absolute liability coming on to the pitch with 20/30 mins to go.

42 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Name a worse signing in the last decade. Its difficult.

It’s not that difficult sadly. 

Can we just give players more than two games in what was always likely to be a struggling team before writing them off. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

It’s not that difficult sadly. 

Can we just give players more than two games in what was always likely to be a struggling team before writing them off. 

Oh I certainly will, especially with the likes of Ayew, but BDCR played the entirety of pre-season and he looks absolutely no better now. Slow, first touch is disgusting, lightweight in the tackle, not seen anything to make me think he can cross a ball or strike a ball. He's thoroughly, thoroughly dogshit. Worse than that though, he's clearly keeping better players out of the team. 

• Like 3

What peed me off was when he was taken off and the Fulham crowd clapped him off, it just felt like they were saying you've given your best years for us and your now entitled to go because you haven't got it in you to play for us anymore so go and relax for your nice pension pot at a lower team thank you

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

What peed me off was when he was taken off and the Fulham crowd clapped him off, it just felt like they were saying you've given your best years for us and your now entitled to go and relax for your nice pension pot at a lower team thank you

Like we did to Maddison.......

Take a day off.....

Edited by coolhandfox

9 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Oh I certainly will, especially with the likes of Ayew, but BDCR played the entirety of pre-season and he looks absolutely no better now. Slow, first touch is disgusting, lightweight in the tackle, not seen anything to make me think he can cross a ball or strike a ball. He's thoroughly, thoroughly dogshit. Worse than that though, he's clearly keeping better players out of the team. 

So you aren’t giving him more than two games then. I can only presume you still think Zolt Lasko and Junior Lewis are amazing players.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So you aren’t giving him more than two games then. I can only presume you still think Zolt Lasko and Junior Lewis are amazing players.

I've given him pre-season, and a starting place ahead of one of our stand-out players from last season for the two opening games of the season in which we should he setting out a marker. I've also seen Mavididi come on and instantly play on the front foot and make us look more agressive. It's not that difficult babs. When we got him in, he was a 'squad player', certainly don't think ANYBODY had him down as a starting winger, and if they say that did they are lying, and if they say thats what they want, they are lying. I know you like to argue for the sake of being weird and petty and arguing, but christ, if you think this is what the starting line-up should look like then I struggle to understand.

Also, I'll mention again, when we had a clear style, a clear plan, some fantastic tactics and a winning mentality last season you cried off and stopped posting because you were 'bored of the club and the football', now you're back and and arguing with everyone when seemingly we don't have a style, a clear plan, some awful tactics and a losing mentality. I think you get more excitement from the jeopardy of being a club in the shit and playing awfully than you do from actually winning and having ambition. All very odd. 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

It’s clear that we felt we needed to replace one of the out of contract wage collectors with the another. Rudkin masterclass.

I may get hammered here, but I though the defensive shift he put in against spurs was good - though he offered little else.

Today he was awful. But nobody comes out of that today looking good.

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why are we even giving him two consecutive games to start? If an academy player was putting in these performances people would rightly say he's not ready for this level and needs a loan. The fact that this is an experienced player playing like this is shocking, the reason we brought him in is because he's supposed to be adjusted to the prem and ready to perform. If Cordova Reid is going to take a while to come good then why not play a youth player instead like Alves who could actually go on to be a good PL player.

• Like 2