Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Bobby De Cordova-Reid joins permanently - Official

I'm looking at the match right now for my next analysis video, and Bobby.... does not come across too well. Check these stats out...

9DuEj2z.png

Not great reading. For me a frustrating thing is that he loses the ball a lot / the move breaks down when the ball reaches him. He may well have been offside in this move, but I still feel he could do much better:

giphy.gif

He did at least have this good chance after good work from the rest of the team. (Though this example is to be used to demonstrate how Fulham setup a pressing trap - provoke us into building with Ndidi and then pouncing on him)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

I'm looking at the match right now for my next analysis video, and Bobby.... does not come across too well. Check these stats out...

9DuEj2z.png

Not great reading. For me a frustrating thing is that he loses the ball a lot / the move breaks down when the ball reaches him. He may well have been offside in this move, but I still feel he could do much better:

giphy.gif

He did at least have this good chance after good work from the rest of the team. (Though this example is to be used to demonstrate how Fulham setup a pressing trap - provoke us into building with Ndidi and then pouncing on him)

giphy.gif

Those stats are wrong. He had a good shot saved in the 1st half! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

9DuEj2z.png

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

He's great though apparently. Should be starting ahead of Mavidid (as he is and like he has for the last 7 games) and just needs time. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

It's not even statistically - he just looks **** too. 

No, no don't be daft, he's great. Definitely ahead of one of last seasons stand-out players, honestly, it would be weird to suggest otherwise. He's great. Really really great. 

12 minutes ago, Collymore said:

It's not even statistically - he just looks **** too. 

lol

Yeah, I think it's fair to say he's not passed the eye test either.

10 minutes ago, Mark said:

As I’ve said all summer and now what we’re seeing is all we’re getting, this is Bobby Reid average championship winger that’s managed a few seasons recently in the top division as a versatile midfielder for Fulham, last season losing his place as a starter. The three year contract was criminal.

8 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I think is magnified that it was all so predictable. 

I KNEW he'd be like this. Vaguely competent pro bit wholly ineffectual. He has absolutely no USP,.nothing stand out. Absolute beige in the extreme. 

sickening three better players - significantly better too - are playing second fiddle to such invisibility. 

On a free transfer, as a rotation option, I think it's an acceptable signing. But starting ahead of one of the best players in the Championship last year in Mavididi has predictably backfired. I would also say that in preseason, Reid did not impress, and whilst in general the team did not play well, Mavididi scored in several games.

I'm not trying to push an agenda here, just stating the facts. If a player comes in and does well, I will point that out too. Buonanotte was not as good today as against Spurs, but had a good first half. Look at the role he played in Reid's chance, shows great strength and ability to play out of pressure to set him up. At the moment the 19 year old rookie looks like a significantly better player.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

9DuEj2z.png

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

The most surprising thing here is that he completed 88% of his passes. During the game it felt like every time he got the ball he lost it.

• Like 2

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

lol

Yeah, I think it's fair to say he's not passed the eye test either.

On a free transfer, as a rotation option, I think it's an acceptable signing. But starting ahead of one of the best players in the Championship last year in Mavididi has predictably backfired. I would also say that in preseason, Reid did not impress, and whilst in general the team did not play well, Mavididi scored in several games.

I'm not trying to push an agenda here, just stating the facts. If a player comes in and does well, I will point that out too. Buonanotte was not as good today as against Spurs, but had a good first half. Look at the role he played in Reid's chance, shows great strength and ability to play out of pressure to set him up. At the moment the 19 year old rookie looks like a significantly better player.

The whole front line is wrong. 

Far too much laid on Buonnotte shoulders. He should be a bench option. Vards cannot lead the line. It's absurd. Again, he can come on as a psychological weapon later on on games. BDCR, enough said. 

• Like 1

Just now, honeybradger said:

The most surprising thing here is that he completed 88% of his passes. During the game it felt like every time he got the ball he lost it.

I suppose the ball bouncing 5 yards offa him when he's trying to control it does t count as a .misplaced pass.  

10 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I agree, the same as in the first game.

Defensively he did double up and help Kristiansen. He does make good runs into good positions. I think we are laying into him a bit too much right now, but it's not unfair to say that overall he's been the worst player in the last two games for us.

10 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

The whole front line is wrong. 

Far too much laid on Buonnotte shoulders. He should be a bench option. Vards cannot lead the line. It's absurd. Again, he can come on as a psychological weapon later on on games. BDCR, enough said. 

Vardy's loss of pace did scupper some of our attacks today. Today he also made a few poor decisions when we got in, which is unlike him. But I would agree with you, I don't think we will trouble many teams with both Reid and Vardy in the team together. Last season the double threat of Mavididi and Fatawu was what made space for the attacking 8's to join in. We've gone away from that and it's not working as well.

Kristiansen was good in the first game, a bit average today. But average isn't going to cut it in the Premier League. I don't know about you, but as soon as it went 2-1, I thought that was game over. We stayed in it and didn't get torn apart. We were in fact competitive throughout the game. However, it felt like Anthony Joshua fighting Oleksander Usyk. We were never seriously going to trouble Fulham.

The good news is I think we could rectify things maybe outside of the striker. But the question is if Cooper will do it?

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 1

Defensively he did double up and help Kristiansen. He does make good runs into good positions. I think we are laying into him a bit too much right now, but it's not unfair to say that overall he's been the worst player in the last two games for us.

Vardy's loss of pace did scupper some of our attacks today. Today he also made a few poor decisions when we got in, which is unlike him. But I would agree with you, I don't think we will trouble many teams with both Reid and Vardy in the team together. Last season the double threat of Mavididi and Fatawu was what made space for the attacking 8's to join in. We've gone away from that and it's not working as well.

Kristiansen was good in the first game, a bit average today. But average isn't going to cut it in the Premier League. I don't know about you, but as soon as it went 2-1, I thought that was game over. We stayed in it and didn't get torn apart. We were in fact competitive throughout the game. However, it felt Anthony Joshua fighting Oleksander Usyk. We were never seriously going to trouble Fulham.

The good news is I think we could rectify things maybe outside of the striker. But the question is if Cooper will do it?

Vardy is not 100% fit yet I think it's clear to see.

We are in desperate need of a number 9 for more options.

This is going to be a long season and Vardy will need managing more than ever. 

• Thanks 1

Kristiansen was good in the first game, a bit average today. But average isn't going to cut it in the Premier League. I don't know about you, but as soon as it went 2-1, I thought that was game over. We stayed in it and didn't get torn apart. We were in fact competitive throughout the game. However, it felt Anthony Joshua fighting Oleksander Usyk. We were never seriously going to trouble Fulham.

Agree almost completely..

I take a different view on VK today. First he stuck at the task with Traore, even when he got done. second, there were six or seven occasions he received the ball wide in his own half with two men closingnhim.andnhe didnt panic nor look for the easy ball down the line. Went inside or back and held his nerve. 

Wasn't great but thought he could be pleased with his day's work 

6 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

100%.

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Agree almost completely..

I take a different view on VK today. First he stuck at the task with Traore, even when he got done. second, there were six or seven occasions he received the ball wide in his own half with two men closingnhim.andnhe didnt panic nor look for the easy ball down the line. Went inside or back and held his nerve. 

Wasn't great but thought he could be pleased with his day's work 

That's why overall I think he was average. On another day he could maybe have been sent off! But he wasn't bad by any stretch.

11 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

100%.

May I present 

image.thumb.png.311d616e70172f42cfd3f9b1f121dde0.png

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Kristiansen was good in the first game, a bit average today. But average isn't going to cut it in the Premier League. I don't know about you, but as soon as it went 2-1, I thought that was game over. We stayed in it and didn't get torn apart. We were in fact competitive throughout the game. However, it felt like Anthony Joshua fighting Oleksander Usyk. We were never seriously going to trouble Fulham.

I didn’t see any significant attempts to help defensively other than shuffling back positionally. He didn’t create any problems for Traore or help VK. No tackles no interceptions. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

Whats that got to do with the stats?

Because , as crap as he has been, if you’re going to ridicule 1 of our players, at least give all the information. He had 1 of our very few efforts on goal, and  it should be acknowledged . 
At least the poster showed the clip, but even then called it a “good chance “ - no  it wasn’t , he took the ball on some distance out and had the skill and confidence to strike a good shot ( maybe our best of the game) and it needed a good save. 
Cooper and the coaching staff are seeing something we’re not to justify his selection, but of course some of you lot know better. 
I’ve never followed his previous career, but it seems he was highly rated by Fulham.