Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Bobby De Cordova-Reid joins permanently - Official

To be fair, you better off signing a 31 year old with an excellent fitness record, than an injury-prone 25 year old. Players look after themselves so well nowadays and by all accounts, BDR is an excellent pro. The more I think about it, the less bothered I am about his age 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

You also need all element if experience. I think some of our younger squads have been naive and a bit soft, so think this adds balance.

Agreed. I haven’t really paid much attention to him until today, seems more accurate than Abdul who often overcooks it

3 hours ago, adam95581 said:

What does it matter? We got him on a free to provide cover for two wingers who have no premier league experience. 

If he’s any good we’ll extend for a year or release him and have lost nothing but wages. 

I was quite clearly taking the piss. 

9 hours ago, adam95581 said:

What does it matter? We got him on a free to provide cover for two wingers who have no premier league experience. 

If he’s any good we’ll extend for a year or release him and have lost nothing but wages

This isn’t aimed solely at you but the bit in bold summed up Bertrand yet he was rightfully labelled a drain on our resources.

The fact he’s come to us over Fulham shows that we’re taking a bit of a gamble.

15 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

If we hadn't given him 3 years he would have signed for someone else. Same with jannik. It's just what happens when players run down their consider it a free transfer tax instead of a transfer fee.

Very true, negates a signing on fee too, which we can’t afford to be giving our unnecessarily this year. Costs are spread which suits us. 

4 hours ago, SafewayFox said:

This isn’t aimed solely at you but the bit in bold summed up Bertrand yet he was rightfully labelled a drain on our resources.

The fact he’s come to us over Fulham shows that we’re taking a bit of a gamble.

Bertrand was a drain on our resources though - he didn’t feature and was getting paid. This should be a different situation as BDR has played more than 30 games a season for the last 3 premier league seasons. 

The point I was making was that we’ve filled a squad position without shelling out money (we don’t have). If his wages are comparable or lower than Praet’s / Albrighton’s then this should be net positive. He’s probably not going to set the world alight but we’re going to need solid performers with experience to get us through the season. 

• Like 1

He's been around for ages and I remember him having some good games against us. 

We just need to stay up this season so he's exactly the sort of player we need. Experience, good attitude, wants to do well and help his team mates. 

Could be a key signing this come the end of the season. 

I must say this seems pretty shrewd business on the face of it.

Canr say I'd seen much of him but Fulham fans sad to see him go, he has experience and is versatile. Feels like a good addition to our wide options  Mavididi and Fatawu. Hopefully he can fill a bit of that void Albrighton had in terms of experience.