Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Bobby De Cordova-Reid joins permanently - Official

22 minutes ago, Sly said:

Just look at the ones we’ve had …. Morgan, Wasilewski they didn’t rely on pace. 

Outside of that look at Pepe, Silva, Chiellini, Puyol, Costacurta, Desailly, Blanc, Koeman, Sammer, Nesta, Canavarro, Baresi, Maldini etc all played past 35 but want reliant upon pace.  

Obviously Vesty isn’t at their level in quality, however he’s not going to get worse as long as he trains to maintain his fitness. 

Players tail off year on year, it’s not just about pace.

Morgan and Wasilewki didn't play into their late 30s. Both Morgan and Wasyl last had significant minutes the season they turned 35. They both noticeably got worse too, Wasyl especially was a bit of a liability the older he got.

The aforementioned lot were world class, they reason they could play on because their decline started from such a lofty position.

Players get worse with age, it’s not just about fitness or pace. Even the speed of

thought, agility, durability whatever all slowly tapers off.

Especially with Vestergaard’s frame.

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Players tail off year on year, it’s not just about pace.

Morgan and Wasilewki didn't play into their late 30s. Both Morgan and Wasyl last had significant minutes the season they turned 35. They both noticeably got worse too, Wasyl especially was a bit of a liability the older he got.

The aforementioned lot were world class, they reason they could play on because their decline started from such a lofty position.

Players get worse with age, it’s not just about fitness or pace. Even the speed of

thought, agility, durability whatever all slowly tapers off.

Especially with Vestergaard’s frame.

Morgan and Was both played for us until they were 37 

That's pretty late 30s as far as footballers go

Vesterguard is only 31 he has plenty of time left 3 years is a standard sensible contract especially after the brilliant year he had last season

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Morgan and Was both played for us until they were 37 

That's pretty late 30s as far as footballers go

Vesterguard is only 31 he has plenty of time left 3 years is a standard sensible contract especially after the brilliant year he had last season

They didn’t play any significant minutes at that age though, like I said in my post.

Vestergaard has been a burden until last season in the championship playing a very specific style under a manager that’s left. 3 years was not sensible.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

I get the feeling he's already seen as not good enough to lead the line. Why bring him in? It's like we panicked and hired the first half decent person we could find

He's not a striker so I'm not sure why you'd expect him to be lead the line.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

I get the feeling he's already seen as not good enough to lead the line. Why bring him in? It's like we panicked and hired the first half decent person we could find

He's a an attacking midfielder or winger.  At best he could probably play false 9.  I don't think anybody has ever claimed he's a striker.

Just now, Vestan Pance said:

Even though I'm a huge fan of Mavididi I thought Bob was very good tonight. Very impressed, he was like having an extra captain out there directing matters and encouraging other players after that tough first half.

I thought he was absolutely appalling 1st half but he did get more involved wnd half without being a hindrance. Mavididi was much more electric though at a time where losing Bounanotte and that long injury made us lose our momentum.

Mavididi to start on Saturday please.

• Like 3

Said elsewhere but my suspicion is he is going to be our new Perez i.e. sometimes irritating as **** and will divide opinion but works hard and occasionally pulls off something tidy, just for free rather than £30m/£16m/whatever it was we decided we paid. Something about the way he moves around the pitch and a couple of the little flicks he did, like in the build up to the chance Vardy had saved, gave me very vivid flashbacks to our sweet Spanish prince.

I'm surprised he's got such a low score on the ratings thread, because he worked very hard especially defensively. I think against top half teams when we're going to have to defend more, I'd play him or Kasey. Against teams where we need to create more, I'd go for Mavs.

• Like 1

On 29/07/2024 at 11:42, Stadt said:

They didn’t play any significant minutes at that age though, like I said in my post.

Vestergaard has been a burden until last season in the championship playing a very specific style under a manager that’s left. 3 years was not sensible.

Not much of a burden because he'd hardly played. Only a complete lemon would have played him in such a high line anyway. The clues were there, like all the previous years of his career to know what his strengths and weaknesses were. Once played to his strengths by a manager with half a brain, he excelled again. In any case, every centre half like anyone else on the pitch will occasionally misjudge things, it's just more noticeable in that position. In this league he'll be up against some of the best strikers about, it should be expected, you win some you lose some. It doesn't mean you go from good to utterly crap overnight. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1