Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Netherlands vs England - Wednesday, 10th July @ 20:00

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I don't know why but in my mind I've suddenly got up for this more. 

I really want to. I'd love to get my patriotism back and my love for the national side but I honestly think it's gone. For so many reasons I just can't connect with it

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Without a random moment of magic against Slovakia he goes down as an epic failure 

I get that you need luck but I’ve never known anything like England at this tournament 

This slander on our champagne football needs to stop. I think you and others should heed the wise words of Lampard, Lineker, and Big Meeks. According to them, we were practically an exact replica of prime Barcelona against Switzerland.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

If I remember correctly, Gazza scored that night… directly from an in-direct freekick 

That was Stuart Pearce. Lineker also had one disallowed for hand ball. Was the 1st football game I ever watched on TV and was hooked for life.

Guest Col city fan
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, foxfanazer said:

I really want to. I'd love to get my patriotism back and my love for the national side but I honestly think it's gone. For so many reasons I just can't connect with it

I think when you watch how Spain played tonight and the great game we’ve just witnessed, it’s just hard to get excited above England. We play so methodically that it stifles out so much excitement. Again, it would be nice just for once to see England play to win and not play to ‘not lose’. There’s a world of difference, as Spain just proved tonight.

That said, we are in the semis of a major tournament so we have to get behind em. And it sounds like it’s going to be an orange wall in the stands tomorrow. 

Edited by Col city fan

2 hours ago, foxfanazer said:

There is more to international football than scraping out results in the European Cup (it's the League Cup equivalent to club football).  Now if it was the World Cup....  I don't really want Southgate to stay until the next world Cup. Whichever result gets rid of him is fine by me. And it's most likely a win for England - so win win. (I'll happily ignore the knighthood and all the adoration)

he will be knighted if he gets them to the Final.

Awarded the Future King if they somehow sh1thouse to win and will be lauded England's greatest manager- How embarrassing would that be.

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's gone far enough in this tournament for the case to be made for him to stay as well.

If we were a top four club side imagine being a club where they constantly finish in the top four, reach semis and finals yet dont win anything...

Okay sounds like Spurs

But i doubt a top four club would stick for that they want trophies being runners up mean nowt.

surely at some point we have to turn up and play how we know they can all play. 

I am hoping for tonight. VVD will have it easy against Kane so the threat has to come from somewhere else. 

49 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

I know Kane will start, but rather the mobility of Watkins or Toney. 

Toney or Watkins start i think we would win. Kane starts ahead... we know its a slog. Someone mentioned to me at work reckon Kane's days are numbered for England. Hes not performed in ages and be subbed practically every game in this tournament.

This build-up seems different vibes to the past in this situation.

Have a feeling it'll be finally the year that it's won.

But, as mentioned previously, just bench Kane for Toney; the former needs a rest and Toney can more than cover him.