Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Netherlands vs England - Wednesday, 10th July @ 20:00

I thought Turkey were the better team. 

I can see them actually looking to play football against us and this being 2 or 3 - 1 actually. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Kaveh as insufferable as ever on SSN

Did he do his usual "Take ten minutes to explain everything to a simple audience" routine?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sly said:

I thought Turkey were the better team. 

I can see them actually looking to play football against us and this being 2 or 3 - 1 actually. 

Think Netherlands will give us a tougher game, but there'll absolutely be space to use rather than turkey who would've parked 11 behind the ball 

6 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

In good news as this kicks off at 3am down here I shall be asleep.

In even better news  it’s 3pm KO  here. and even if I  get out of working early, it’s on my wife’s  birthday so I have absolutely no chance of shutting myself off in a room and leaving her with the kids for 2 hrs.

Feel like it's another that'll go all the way. I really can't put my finger on how highly I rate this Netherlands side. Something tells me they aren't that good, but they've done pretty well in these knockouts. They have something about them. Feel like there is vulnerability to them though.

I can see a Croatia 2018 type game - England take the lead this time but end up going out.

6 hours ago, Mike1983 said:

Our £1.3 billion squad faced Serbia, Denmark, Slovenia, Slovakia, and Switzerland, resulting in one win and four draws in regular playing time.

Another semi-final thanks to Southgate’s tactical acumen.

We’re never getting rid of him are we…

If England play Spain in the final, does that complete the full set of teams beginning with ‘S’? Can’t be asked to look it up! 

Seems like the more criticism, more we progress. Dutch have been better this tournament compared to others, but on the pitch I wouldn't say they have been that convincing. Turkey last night created the most chances, but couldn't find the net. On paper should be an England victory, but we know it'll be tight. Quietly confident we edge 1-0.

4 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

I think Gaz goes after the Euro's regardless.

It's on ITV? Any hope I had has just been dashed.

Well if he can leave on a high with a trophy, then what a better way to end your England management. I do feel Gareth has had enough, it did need a huge push from the Fa to convince him to stay. A change is still needed, four tournaments for any manager is enough at international level.

Need to remember that Holland had plenty of luck too. 

3rd in the group, admittedly harder than ours, and the. Slovenia and Turkey in the knockouts. Difference is they've looked a lot more likely to score. 

• Like 1

They’ll come out and play against us and imo that makes our top quality individuals more likely to shine through, despite our clear lack of a plan/any sort of cohesion. If we can keep it tight at the back, I fancy us here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I keep seeing this shout - and wonder why no-one’s suggesting Watkins? 

Is it recency bias because Toney has come on for Kane the past two games? 

Toney is a better player. But it’s pretty academic as there is literally no chance Southgate will drop Kane. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

I keep seeing this shout - and wonder why no-one’s suggesting Watkins? 

Is it recency bias because Toney has come on for Kane the past two games? 

Watkins predominantly offers running in behind and pressing, where as Toney offers much more in general play, including being an out ball for Pickford, he can actual win headers, having better hold up play,  running channels, pressing, and the lad has ice in his veins. 

Kane average position map in possession had him deeper than both of Englands holding midfielders vs Swiss, in front of the centre backs. He is in the team on reputation alone at the moment, is like playing with 10 men. He made 9 passes, majority in our own half. 

Edited by FoxesWalk