Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Netherlands vs England - Wednesday, 10th July @ 20:00

12 hours ago, Izzy said:

Yeah, that Dutch team of 90 were class and still had many of the same players as the Euro 88 winning squad. 

We should have beat them in that group game really, we had plenty of chances. Gazza absolutely running the show. 

If I remember correctly, Gazza scored that night… directly from an in-direct freekick 

17 hours ago, Lionator said:

We have been spoilt recently in terms of getting to the top end of major tournaments so I think it’s a bit taken for granted. Either way the press decided during Saturday’s game that we aren’t going to complain anymore so we all should get onboard

To be fair… this is probably the right approach for the press to take.

There’s nothing gained by slating the team / manager from here - and plenty of time and column inches for criticism afterwards.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Reckon we win this 4-1.

Kane scores in 23rd minute, before a flurry of goals just after half time - Bellingham with a couple of goals either side of another for Kane. 

Netherlands get one back through Gakpo late on but damage already done and England sail through to the final. 

Southgate booked in stoppage time just to take the piss. 

If that happened you'd still get the moaners saying 'load of shite, doesn't compare to beating Cameroon with 2 penalties in Italia 90, those were the days, country's gone to the dogs, etc.'

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Reckon we win this 4-1.

Kane scores in 23rd minute, before a flurry of goals just after half time - Bellingham with a couple of goals either side of another for Kane. 

Netherlands get one back through Gakpo late on but damage already done and England sail through to the final. 

Blimey, you better buy a lottery ticket Mystic Stan!!

• Haha 1

Euros semi final and I'm hardly even arsed. Don't think I've even got out my seat once for an England game so far this tournament. It's just very bizarre. Doom and gloom aside (apologies), a win in 90 mins I think will galvanise the public and hopefully myself!

Guest Col city fan

Although we’ve played ‘strangely’ so far and I’ve criticised this, like so many have, I guess it’s now time to get behind the boys.

This is a semi-final and it’s 50:50 so I’m gonna cheer em on.

I can’t pick a winner. The Dutch will attack us I think, but this may play into our hands 

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

Reckon we win this 4-1.

That would be an amazing coincidence as in euro 96, Shearer scored after 23 minutes before a flurry of second half goals and a late Dutch consolation by Gakpo, sorry meant Kluivert. 

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Reckon we win this 4-1.

I think memories of 96 cloud your judgment Stan… but I think everyone would like you to be spot on! 

1 hour ago, Lionator said:

That would be an amazing coincidence as in euro 96, Shearer scored after 23 minutes before a flurry of second half goals and a late Dutch consolation by Gakpo, sorry meant Kluivert. 

Really?! Wtf :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bovril said:

And didn't that Kluivert goal knock Scotland out? What an utterly glorious evening that was.

I've heard rumours the Scots dislike us and that won't help.

19 minutes ago, bovril said:

Seaman let the ball in go through his legs - Perfidious Albion strikes again!

Ironic when the balls usually let semen go in between someone's legs.

Makes you think. 

Matt Le Tissier's descent into the world of conspiracies is alarming

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

Is there a danger of England scoring first and early. I do fear if that did happen we would sit back and allow the Dutch constantly pressure which would a dangerous game with their quality.

Definitely a disadvantage if we go one nil up early, that would activate Southgateball.

7 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Although we’ve played ‘strangely’ so far and I’ve criticised this, like so many have, I guess it’s now time to get behind the boys.

This is a semi-final and it’s 50:50 so I’m gonna cheer em on.

I can’t pick a winner. The Dutch will attack us I think, but this may play into our hands 

Massive boost for the lads 

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, MattFox said:

If we go 1-0 up in the first 35 we’ll lose nailed on 100%

Id argue the best approach under Southgate is to hold it at 0-0 till late on or even go behind

Ah, the Dean Smith tactic away to Newcastle. Only aim to score with the final chance of the game so the opposition can't even try to equalise.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Southgate saying you would choose the way we beat Switzerland if you could have it any way. Erm no Gareth, I'd rather play good football and beat them in 90 minutes 

Despite how boring the style can be at times, you need to trust the guy's instincts as the current plan is working (lucky at times or not).

Just now, Wymsey said:

Despite how boring the style can be at times, you need to trust the guy's instincts as the current plan is working (lucky at times or not).

I'd rather us play good football. Winning it in the manor we're playing honestly does nothing for me. I understand how that will sound crazy to some but it's not for me