Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Netherlands vs England - Wednesday, 10th July @ 20:00

4 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I’m a 99th percentile Southgate hater but fair play he actually got it right. It’s 11 v 11 Sunday, who knows

I’m a final it is always not so straight forward, the best teams don’t always win. It is why we love football, Spain favourites sure but we have the quality to win this ourselves 

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I’m a final it is always not so straight forward, the best teams don’t always win. It is why we love football, Spain favourites sure but we have the quality to win this ourselves 

Agreed, that’s what I was implying 

• Like 1

Southgate’s had some real stick and deservedly so…. But tonight he got pretty much everything spot on. Netherlands drastically had to change the way they played to stop us. Subs were right. Soaked up the moments of pressure well. Onto Sunday! 

• Like 3

As much as it was a massive improvement and it honestly was, we was gifted a non penalty which got us out of trouble. We still rely on huge amounts of luck but you do need luck to win tournaments. 

I think Spain will be a challenge too far but at least we've put in one good performance this Euro's and the Ollie Watkins moment was sensational 

Edited by foxfanazer

9 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

As much as it was a massive improvement and it honestly was, we was gifted a non penalty which got us out of trouble. We still rely on huge amounts of luck but you do need luck to win tournaments. 

I think Spain will be a challenge too far but at least we've put in one good performance this Euro's and the Ollie Watkins moment was sensational 

Had 2-3 very good chances either side of that penalty so I'm not so sure the luck tag really sticks last night. 

• Like 2

Amazing really. Best we have played. Going to be a tough final but got every chance of winning it.

the penalty was soft, however that exact foul gets given all the time when a defender is clearing the ball and an attacker goes to block it, so it’s not that much of a shocker.

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

And neither did they.

England had the better of it and deserved the win.

I agree. I haven't disputed that. Just said we still have incredible amounts of luck. Last night we deserved it 

• Like 1

Not just me thinking it could easily have been Vardy in 2018 v Croatia?

Suppose the difference is England have better creative midfielders in 2024 compared to then.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nalis said:

Not just me thinking it could easily have been Vardy in 2018 v Croatia?

Suppose the difference is England have better creative midfielders in 2024 compared to then.

Vardy was completely wasted for England due to our obsession with Kane. Although at least Kane could actually move back then compared to the statue he's become.

It would be the ballsiest thing Southgate could do to start Watkins on Sunday but unfortunately I don't see any chance of that happening 

• Like 3