Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DJ Barry Hammond

Netherlands vs England - Wednesday, 10th July @ 20:00

5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

All this talk about its englands year makes me want to lay them off.

I think this is probably the least hype I can remember for an England (please capitalise) team that have got this far.

Confident side of me says we will win this 2-0! and may get both goals in the first half. But saying that... I predicted a 4-1 win against Denmark... so yeah.

One thing we can say about this tournament despite moments of dullness, it's still a tournament where England got further than previous winners Italy, further than Germany, won a penalty shootout and reached our third semi final in four tournaments. About time though we ended his "nearly men quote" and began champions and do it on foreign soil. For me shocking statement but winning a european championship in Germany... will be England's biggest achievement... yep bigger than 66 world cup win. Which yes massive achievement harder trophy to win but was won in England and played everyone of our games at Wembley.

Edited by Leicesterpool

6 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Come on England, let’s fill an engineering cylinder container full of tears and piss from across Europe and boil it tonight 

Our whole performance this tournament has been a container of boiled piss

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

Our whole performance this tournament has been a container of boiled piss

I have hated watching every minute of it but then I have loved the aftermath of the social media/journalists in Europe losing their marbles. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

He's gone far enough in this tournament for the case to be made for him to stay as well.

He sounds like he has had enough whatever happens now.

On 07/07/2024 at 12:07, Vacamion said:

A meaningful game against a quality opponent.

It's on ITV.

We are donald ducked.

If we lose we have to seriously boycott ITV as a national team and I'm not even joking!

3 hours ago, FoxTimmy2 said:

Can't wait to see Gareth's tactical wizardry of playing for a draw and praying for penalties.

Much as I've hated watching this team, it's worked so far. Must be putting the opposition to sleep. Even Mourhino's teams aren't this bad.

3 hours ago, Bert said:

So many people seem really confident about us tonight. 

Whilst not being overly confident, the big thing for me is that Netherlands just simply won't play a low block. It doesn't seem to be in their nature. They like to play forward, attack and do so fluidly. To me that plays into our hands if a) we can still hold some defensive resilience and b) we can get Bellingham and Foden on the ball in between their defence and midfield. 

They won't stack up the defence and midfield like other teams have against us so far, so there should be gaps to exploit.

Similarly down the wings too - Dumfries likes to get forward a lot, so whoever is our left winger might find themselves with slightly more time on the ball than before. 

One thing I'd love no matter what - is for Kane to hold his position high up the pitch and don't cramp up the space for midfielders by coming deep just to get a touch of the ball.