Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Matt O’Riley - signed for Brighton

Posted (edited)

HOT PROPERTY 

Major Celtic hero Matt O’Riley transfer update as second Premier League side launch big money bid to replace £30m star

They think he could be a like-for-like replacement for one of their biggest stars

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/13087064/celtic-matt-oriley-transfer-leicester-southampton-atletico-fee/

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1

Yes please but only if he does a shit on Brendan's desk before he leaves.

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

Not happening. They will want about £20m. 

We could have a whipround to make sure this happens.

19 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

How can you take anyone seriously with a name like that? Born in England, but sounds Irish and yet plays for Denmark. Is Tony O’Cascarino not available? 

Born in England to a Dad with Irish heritage and a mum with Danish heritage

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

This is too good to be true. Aside from the fee being an issue, I expect he'll get a better offer from a club with more chance of staying up and no incoming points deduction. 

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think people are jumping the gun with the can't afford him lark, our amortisation has dropped from an all time high of 70m+ two seasons ago to around 20m and are wage bill has drop significantly too

25m over a 5 year contract is amortised at 5m , it will be very doable.

I expect us to spend 50m-70m this summer.

CM and Striker will be priority positions.

Particularly as we are picking up at least a couple of free agents, if O'Hare joins.     

Presumably part of the reason for that is to allow us to spend some of our ethically sourced B.C Game sponsorship money on a couple of 20m+ players in key positions.  

• Like 2

The advantage we have is that we have a huge gap in our midfield so he will be assured of playing time 

most other PL clubs will be much more competitive in this respect 

if we have swallowed our pride on exit clauses in contracts on relegation or even just value then there’s no reason he wouldn’t come here 

• Like 1

Would they be interested in any of our players, Souttar for instance. Maybe that would be an avenue we looked at to bring the fee down. I’m surprised he’s being linked in a way, Atletico were keen on him in January from memory 

Would be an excellent KDH replacement. As others have said over the length of a contract.

Current contract to 2027 though. Might be a bad call from him to commit to the Scottish league for that long!

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Would they be interested in any of our players, Souttar for instance. Maybe that would be an avenue we looked at to bring the fee down. I’m surprised he’s being linked in a way, Atletico were keen on him in January from memory 

Todgers did say they were looking for a keeper. I know just the one he likes....

llfwbx50k0xc1.jpeg

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Haha 1