Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Matt O’Riley - signed for Brighton

13 hours ago, Wortho said:

Good question!!! Could he actually be sacked before the season 😂😂

He could lose the dressing room even before the season starts. He now dealing with a squad of prima Donna’s quite a different set-up to a championship squad.

• Like 2

On 27/07/2024 at 18:47, VLC86 said:

What are your thoughts on Brendan, or thoughts on those that hate him?

Other than scoring the goals, he’s done all of the above and been a big part of the mess me are currently in.

Brendan was at fault for NOT walking away for a.multi million pound contract when he wanted out, the club were at fault.gor giving him the stupid contract, not forseeing there could be a relationship breakdown between manager, players, board. 

The club must have known Brendans heart wasn't in it, the players knew, some of them were leaving so couldn't care less either, it's the clubs fault.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Brendan was at fault for NOT walking away for a.multi million pound contract when he wanted out, the club were at fault.gor giving him the stupid contract, not forseeing there could be a relationship breakdown between manager, players, board. 

The club must have known Brendans heart wasn't in it, the players knew, some of them were leaving so couldn't care less either, it's the clubs fault.

Of course he wasn’t, but what he was at fault for in my opinion was trying to engineer his own exit.

Probably fair to move away from this conversation in this thread.

49 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's essentially Southampton's Soulé at the moment by all accounts, no? Wants Atalanta but they can't afford. 

Great success

49 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

He's essentially Southampton's Soulé at the moment by all accounts, no? Wants Atalanta but they can't afford. 

Wasn’t there a belief that once Juventus sold Soule (and Chiesa?) they would move for Koopmeiners? This would free up the requisite cash you would assume.

23 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Wasn’t there a belief that once Juventus sold Soule (and Chiesa?) they would move for Koopmeiners? This would free up the requisite cash you would assume.

Quite possible yeah. 

Maybe a bit of both happening at the same time. Atalanta trying to agree a fee with Celtic before they agree to release Koopmeiners. 

• Like 1

For me, we’re at a stage in the window and preparation for the new season now where it’s time to just pay the f*****g money for him. We are absolutely threadbare in the middle of the part, certainly creatively anyway, and quite where the goals are going to come from is concerning to say the least. 

We need him and 1 more IMO if we’re even going to be competitive. 

Edited by CaliFOXnia
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, CaliFOXnia said:

For me, we’re at a stage in the window and preparation for the new season now where it’s time to just pay the f*****g money for him. We are absolutely threadbare in the middle of the part, certainly creatively anyway, and quite where the goals are going to come from is concerning to say the least. 

We need him and 1 more IMO if we’re even going to be competitive. 

Unfortunately Leicester may not be his first choice as he knows the Southampton boss and is rumoured to want to play in Italy. Totally agree that we need creative midfielders and there are very few links at the moment

Edited by Edingleyfox

20 hours ago, Edingleyfox said:

Unfortunately Leicester may not be his first choice as he knows the Southampton boss and is rumoured to want to play in Italy. Totally agree that we need creative midfielders and there are very few links at the moment

Southampton is in England mate.

20 hours ago, Edingleyfox said:

26 minutes ago, los dedos said:

I think he means the other one.

Southampton - small fishing village - just south of Florence. Not really known for its football though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/07/2024 at 15:04, DezFox said:

Let’s face it, we are not even after him. 

Agree. Far too young for our profile. Surprised Gareth Barry was not offered a 3 Year Contract by Jonny Wonder given he has joined Hurstpierpoint FC.   Andros Townsend must be worth a shout?

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, murphy said:

Apparently Celtic are after a striker.  Daka as a make weight?  Surely he'd score a hateful up there. 

A beret…. A child’s beret at that…

Oh a hateful?  Not like you to drop a typo Dave 😆 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, los dedos said:

I think he's saying it's either Southampton OR Italy, although I'm starting to think this is your attempt at sarcasm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/07/2024 at 13:36, VLC86 said:

Of course he wasn’t, but what he was at fault for in my opinion was trying to engineer his own exit.

Probably fair to move away from this conversation in this thread.

From that first game v Brentford he was unhappy  refusing to make subs ( his silent protest ) I’d go as far as picking ward 

blaming the fans - he was just going thro the motions daring the board to sack him 

as ive said, only 1 club has bid for O'Riley and thats Atalanta. 

Juve want koopmeiners,(had 1 bid rejected), 

and O'Riley will probably replace koopmeiners at Atalanta

only way he goes leicester or southampton is if hes offered a stupid wage, even then its not a given, since Atalanta are in the champions league and better than us and sainta