Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Matt O’Riley - signed for Brighton

Rodgers said yesterday in an interview that the bids received so far were not even close to their valuation. If he did go to Southampton the reaction on here won't be great considering that nearly all the other midfielders linked to Leicester look defensive to me. I'm not sure how all this impacts on the Hatate situation but wouldn't want to wait until the end of the window  to find out

Edited by Edingleyfox

9 hours ago, Edingleyfox said:

Rodgers said yesterday in an interview that the bids received so far were not even close to their valuation. If he did go to Southampton the reaction on here won't be great considering that nearly all the other midfielders linked to Leicester look defensive to me. I'm not sure how all this impacts on the Hatate situation but wouldn't want to wait until the end of the window  to find out

O'Reilly does look to be a very good fit for what we need... An attacking mid who scores & assists.  I'm assuming that the 25million that Celtic want is a little too much money for us right now. When are we going to sell somebody ??

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

O'Reilly does look to be a very good fit for what we need... An attacking mid who scores & assists.  I'm assuming that the 25million that Celtic want is a little too much money for us right now. When are we going to sell somebody ??

We’d have paid that or thereabouts for Soule.

I don’t think we’re short of money but sense we’re looking for value and players we can sell at a profit (I’m ignoring the Ayew rumour here). We then have to persuade them to join us. With O’Reilly the story seems to be his preference for Italy or reuniting with Brussel Martin. 

The story might be wrong?

36 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

We’d have paid that or thereabouts for Soule.

I don’t think we’re short of money but sense we’re looking for value and players we can sell at a profit (I’m ignoring the Ayew rumour here). We then have to persuade them to join us. With O’Reilly the story seems to be his preference for Italy or reuniting with Brussel Martin. 

The story might be wrong?

Apparently he very much wants to play for Denmark & feels that he needs more exposure than Celtic can offer.  So either a top European league or the Premier league will do the job for him. The problem is that no club has come close to Celtic's 25 million evaluation. Maybe Kasper can have a chat with the lad & tell him that Leicester is his best bet.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Apparently he very much wants to play for Denmark & feels that he needs more exposure than Celtic can offer.  So either a top European league or the Premier league will do the job for him. The problem is that no club has come close to Celtic's 25 million evaluation. Maybe Kasper can have a chat with the lad & tell him that Leicester is his best bet.

And the fact we have Mads, Vestegaard and Kristiansen so the Danish gaffer is going to watch plenty of our games.  That should be our angle if he's prioritising International opportunities.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JimJams said:

And the fact we have Mads, Vestegaard and Kristiansen so the Danish gaffer is going to watch plenty of our games.  That should be our angle if he's prioritising International opportunities.

Yes. Our Danish lads need to do some networking with him & let him know this is the place to be.

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I don't know for sure but it seems that VK had a problem with Maresca more than Leicester.

No, The problem is VK thinks he's nuch better than he is. He's not good enough unless he listens to the Coaches and learns from them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

No, The problem is VK thinks he's nuch better than he is. He's not good enough unless he listens to the Coaches and learns from them.

How good does he think he is exactly?

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I think the problem was that he didn't want to be the left defender in Maresca's back three. He is a wing back type of full back who wants to bomb forward  as opposed to staying back in the Enzo three. 

1 minute ago, gurru991 said:

I think the problem was that he didn't want to be the left defender in Maresca's back three. He is a wing back type of full back who wants to bomb forward  as opposed to staying back in the Enzo three. 

I agree with what you say, But Enzo was prepared to play Doyle and JJ there which is why Enzo wanted him to play the left side of a three.

The rest we know, He chose to leave for Italy where he done ok.

4 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

An awful lot more than he thinks he is.  He couldn't hold down a place with Rogers or Maresca and I don't think Cooper fancy's him either.

Maresca wanted to keep him but it was VK who wanted out, no reason to think Cooper doesn't fancy him so far

12 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

An awful lot more than he thinks he is.  He couldn't hold down a place with Rogers or Maresca and I don't think Cooper fancy's him either.

How have you worked that one out?

15 minutes ago, Riot Van said:

How have you worked that one out?

Cooper has'nt started him in our few friendlies and that usually tells you something, plus he was poor when he did come on against Palermo. 

Edited by Clever Fox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Cooper has'nt started him in our few friendlies and that usually tells you something, plus he was poor when he did come on against Palermo. 

He had time off due to being at the Euros so he's played in the one friendly he's been available for. I would love to know more about how you've determined he thinks he's better than he is because as far as I can tell there is no substance to that whatsoever. He went to Bologna because he wanted to play as a full back not because he thought he was above the Championship, and even if he did think that I'd suggest the fact he went on to be first choice for a team who qualified for the Champions League would mean he had a fair point.

1 hour ago, gurru991 said:

I don't know for sure but it seems that VK had a problem with Maresca more than Leicester.

Kristiansen also said that he believes he was put in an unfair position by the club during our relegation season. 

Yes, So were others in the squad but even so he was still overlooked as first choice. He came into our club with no pedigree in Football other than a modest club.

Yet he proceeded to know more than the Manager, What does that tell you about his attitude.  A Manger who has just won the Championship. 

Why didn't he accept instruction like Mads, Mav, Fats, Wilf, KDH etc. All players Enzo improved immensely.

Rogers signed him but he wasn't to keen on him either after seeing him up close. 

Yes, he went to Bologna and done ok, He didn't play all games and Bologna clearly don't think him good enough to buy him for a modest sum.

But we'll see as the how he develops under Cooper as the season develops. 

10 minutes ago, Big_Nige said:

Enzo didn’t use fullbacks in a traditional sense, VK is a traditional fullback. He wanted to be part of the Denmark squad at the euros who use traditional fullbacks. We got a loan fee for him and he had a good season in Bologna, we welcome back a better player and one who now better suits the system 

I think you’re reading into things far too much

Exactly right. He did what was best for him to get selected for the Euros & did Leicester no harm at all. People on here get their knickers in a twist & start believing their own bullshit.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Big_Nige said:

Enzo didn’t use fullbacks in a traditional sense, VK is a traditional fullback. He wanted to be part of the Denmark squad at the euros who use traditional fullbacks. We got a loan fee for him and he had a good season in Bologna, we welcome back a better player and one who now better suits the system 

I think you’re reading into things far too much

He did use full backs but played them in an advanced position to support attacks, But to also defend when out of possession and under pressure. Doyle, Ricky and JJ.

He was part of the Denmark squad and we know how that turned out. Against better opposition he fail miserably.

I could well be, But I'm yet to be convinced by him from what I've seen. I think he'll be found out quickly but we'll see.