Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Matt O’Riley - signed for Brighton

1 minute ago, Groby_Blue said:

I'd be surprised if Rodgers is willing to sell us one of his best players. 

He seems like a petty little runt when he wants to be. 

Doubt he has any say in it whatsoever.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Groby_Blue said:

I'd be surprised if Rodgers is willing to sell us one of his best players. 

He seems like a petty little runt when he wants to be. 

If we offer enough money, Celtic's board will sell him to us regardless of his tantrum. They don't let anyone's opinion get in the way of making money. 

Just now, Scotch said:

If we offer enough money, Celtic's board will sell him to us regardless of his tantrum. They don't let anyone's opinion get in the way of making money. 

I heard Rogers in an interview saying 'every player has his price', when referring to MOR, earlier this week. - He knows he's going. He will go this window. We should be all over it.

• Like 1

We're targeting an attacking midfielder, so it seems plausible we're after at least one of O'Riley, Sara, Chair or Hamer. I have to admit I've not watched any of these players close enough to say which I rate the most highly, but if O'Riley is the best of the bunch we should go for him. I think it's achievable too if we're determined enough.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

We're targeting an attacking midfielder, so it seems plausible we're after at least one of O'Riley, Sara, Chair or Hamer. I have to admit I've not watched any of these players close enough to say which I rate the most highly, but if O'Riley is the best of the bunch we should go for him. I think it's achievable too if we're determined enough.

The last two in that list, every time I see Chair he seems to be more impressive. Demolished Leeds at Lotus Road, they couldn't handle him.

Mikey Johnstone who was on loan at WBA last season is also a good shout IMO

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

I know he's a good player but isn't Chair a bit of a wrongun? Wasn't he supposed to be in prison?

Sentenced to 2 years, 1 of which suspended. Currently sentence deferred due to appeal. Could go down in next 12 months if appeal rejected so a big risk 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gravel said:

Sentenced to 2 years, 1 of which suspended. Currently sentence deferred due to appeal. Could go down in next 12 months if appeal rejected so a big risk 

Let's hope he doesn't get the electric cha.....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gravel said:

I believe prosecutors have now agreed to community service so no risk of prison.

1 hour ago, iancognito said:

The last two in that list, every time I see Chair he seems to be more impressive. Demolished Leeds at Lotus Road, they couldn't handle him.

Mikey Johnstone who was on loan at WBA last season is also a good shout IMO

Chair was really good in that game against Leeds. He’s quite good 

14 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Some of the reactions on here are incredible…….. 

It’s a pre season friendly, with a new manager who is still sounding out his team. There was a bunch of players playing who he has not seen in action, and one or two more to come back…. Lots of personnel and tactical changes impacts the flow of the game, and he’s also tweaking the tactics from what was a very rigid idea.

Defeats in pre season are good, because it will help Cooper make decisions, and for me after yesterday there are several players that clearly have no future at the club. 

Pre season games are training exercises with a slightly competitive edge to them, the whole point of them is for Cooper to experiment and see where his team are at. That usually means the games won’t be fluid and you’re more likely to lose because you’re more focused on specific things rather than the result. 

There’s work to do, but ****ing hell writing us off after a poxy pre season game? Some of you need to talk to someone because your stress levels are not normal! 

Cooper called it accurately after the match: he basically admitted that our entire hopes this season rest upon whether we’re able to bring in enough quality players over the next few weeks. Worryingly, though, he said he wouldn’t be complaining if we failed to do so - which kind of implied that he has some doubts about our ability to get deals over the line. A massive few weeks ahead. 

3 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

they've had a bid of 15m from Atalanta plus add ons. surely we can compete with that

£15m plus Danny Ward. We all know Brendan loves Danny Ward.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

And he can go back to being backup to Kaspar then too. Order would be restored!

36 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Brendan doesn’t fancy his compo yet so it’s probably a bit soon for him to resort to that tactic.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, VLC86 said:

Brendan doesn’t fancy his compo yet so it’s probably a bit soon for him to resort to that tactic.

He doesn’t need any comp 

what we ended up paying him over nearly five years means that the Rodgers family doesn’t really need to work for several generations ….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

He doesn’t need any comp 

what we ended up paying him over nearly five years means that the Rodgers family doesn’t really need to work for several generations ….

That’s pretty obvious, as is him playing Ward to try to get sacked.

The bloke is shameless and would obviously jump at another huge pay out.

7 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Were Leicester interested in him when he was MK Dons 2.5 years ago?....then we could have saved a fortune and got him for 1.5 million. Celtic must have some top guys in their recruitment team

Yeah Celtic probably do have some good people in recruitment. However, the Scottish league and their position in that is pretty forgiving. It allows players to get up to speed play a team that is dominating a championship level league. It’s also not a given they deliver in England afterwards. If you buy him for a prem team straight from MK, chances are he is isn’t Good enough at that point. Obviously there are outliers. 😀

Edited by DezFox
  • Like 2