Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Matt O’Riley - signed for Brighton

38 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

That’s pretty obvious, as is him playing Ward to try to get sacked.

The bloke is shameless and would obviously jump at another huge pay out.

That was my view but who else could he have played, the club let Kasper go not Rodger’s decision and that was the main reason we got relegated imo

Edited by whoareyaaa

19 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

That was my view but who else could he have played, the club let Kasper go not Rodger’s decision and that was the main reason we got relegated imo

Who else could he have played? Maybe Iverson, or Stolarzyc. Both would have seen us comfortably safe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VLC86 said:

Who else could he have played? Maybe Iverson, or Stolarzyc. Both would have seen us comfortably safe.

Doubtful in my opinion, and certainly not a certainty. It’s worth remembering that it’s not like the cause of our relegation was down to just Danny Ward.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

In my opinion, Danny Ward probably single handedly cost us at least a point, which is all it would have taken to stay up.

But that only makes him as culpable as a load of others. Maddisons pen miss makes him soley responsible by that logic.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

As much as I hate him, The points Maddison won us cancelled that out. Nobody will be able to convince me that with almost any other keeper in goal we wouldn’t have stayed up.

And also Despite the pen miss & his social posts, maddison done his job. 10 goals 9 assists for a relegated side playing with a knee injury. Can't say the same for the defence who never got the level of abuse mads got & the other Midfielders who couldnt be arsed to shield the defence 😅

Screenshot_20240727_154945_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, VLC86 said:

As much as I hate him, The points Maddison won us cancelled that out. Nobody will be able to convince me that with almost any other keeper in goal we wouldn’t have stayed up.

100% we would have stayed up if the club didn’t decide to let kasper go 

37 minutes ago, brownboy93 said:

And also Despite the pen miss & his social posts, maddison done his job. 10 goals 9 assists for a relegated side playing with a knee injury. Can't say the same for the defence who never got the level of abuse mads got & the other Midfielders who couldnt be arsed to shield the defence 😅

Screenshot_20240727_154945_DuckDuckGo.jpg

He was only playing well for the first half of the season to get his England call up after that he gave up and wasn’t bothered if we got relegated or not 

23 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

He was only playing well for the first half of the season to get his England call up after that he gave up and wasn’t bothered if we got relegated or not 

Right almost like he was injured halfway through the season and playing through it..

Screenshot_20240727_170351_DuckDuckGo.jpg

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

I love logging in to Foxestalk, and looking through the transfer thread to see what tangents the posters have taken.

Heaven forbid we actually discuss the player the thread relates to.

Ah, you need an invite to the super secret politics thread. That is where all the transfer gossip happens.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VLC86 said:

Why on earth would you hate Maddison?

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, foxfan92 said:

I love logging in to Foxestalk, and looking through the transfer thread to see what tangents the posters have taken.

Heaven forbid we actually discuss the player the thread relates to.

I read your post and genuinely had to scroll back up to the top to remind myself of which player we were actually talking about lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, VLC86 said:

It was not simply down to Ward - granted he was poor and was part of the issue but our defending including the repeated selection of Amartey over Soyuncu was equally as stupid whilst our attacking players were inconsistent - Ward has been made a scapegoat and yes he is not good enough but the reason we were relegated was down to all the team and definitely BR contributed more than anyone - we need to move on !

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Why on earth would you hate Maddison?

45 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yep. Such a weird emotional response to one of our best players of recent years.

33 minutes ago, Salieri said:

I’d like to know this too, bizarre comment. 

Seemed to put his own brand above us at times, stories of cliques being formed that he was a big part of and despite doing more than most that season, I still felt he went missing after the World Cup when we needed him the most.

51 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Yep. Such a weird emotional response to one of our best players of recent years.

Agreed signed for 22 million sold for 40 million was here for 5 seasons. Won an fa cup, played in Europe for us twice scored some of the best goals I've seen. Underneath the Gucci backpacks and Lamborghinis seems a decent kid who's living his dream. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, VLC86 said:

Seemed to put his own brand above us at times, stories of cliques being formed that he was a big part of and despite doing more than most that season, I still felt he went missing after the World Cup when we needed him the most.

Hate though 😂