Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Matt O’Riley - signed for Brighton

3 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He's supposed to be doing what's best for Leicester not himself, That's why we signed him.  If you can't see that you know little about pro football.

Football players have a very short career & have do what's best for them. He wanted to play for his country & recognized that as a conventional fullback he would get very little playing time for a manager who doesn't use fullbacks.If you can't see that you know little about pro football.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He's supposed to be doing what's best for Leicester not himself, That's why we signed him.  If you can't see that you know little about pro football.

Really? He's not a Leicester City supporter you know, it really is just a job.

He would have signed mainly for two reasons, one for the money and two for career progression. If you think differently you must be very nieve! At the point that the chances of him playing at all were minimal due to a new manager, for the benefit of himself and his career, why on earth would he want to stay? It's a no brainer!

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Football players have a very short career & have do what's best for them. He wanted to play for his country & recognized that as a conventional fullback he would get very little playing time for a manager who doesn't use fullbacks.If you can't see that you know little about pro football.

Enzo used full backs just in a different manner that was part of the genius of the Man. As to pro football, I spent a lifetime in the game as a professional.

Just now, volpeazzurro said:

Really? He's not a Leicester City supporter you know, it really is just a job.

He would have signed mainly for two reasons, one for the money and two for career progression. If you think differently you must be very nieve! At the point that the chances of him playing at all were minimal due to a new manager, for the benefit of himself and his career, why on earth would he want to stay? It's a no brainer!

Now your beginning to see the light. Why didn't he knuckle down and do what many others have done and proved the Manager wrong.

He's not meant to be a supporter he's a Leicester player full stop, Of course he signed for money and career progression. Is that not what every player signs for. ?

Yet, despite being a rookie he knew more than the Manager.  You can only do that if you have the Talent to back it up and he hasn't shown us anything nearly good enough.

On such decisions careers are made or lost. Ronaldo, Harry Kane, Vardy, KDH comes to mind.

That's why you stay and prove people wrong. Or you wimp out which is what I believe he chose to do.

I've seen all kinds of players ruin good careers for all kinds of reasons. Clearly no one else wants him so I hope he knuckles down work hard and shows what he's made off,.

Though we'll have to wait and see how he progresses against two old timers in JJ and Ricky.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gurru991 said:

O'Reilly does look to be a very good fit for what we need... An attacking mid who scores & assists.  I'm assuming that the 25million that Celtic want is a little too much money for us right now. When are we going to sell somebody ??

Then if we where going to spent 30 million on soule, then why is it a problem to spend 25 million on him 

29 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Enzo used full backs just in a different manner that was part of the genius of the Man. As to pro football, I spent a lifetime in the game as a professional.

Now your beginning to see the light. Why didn't he knuckle down and do what many others have done and proved the Manager wrong.

He's not meant to be a supporter he's a Leicester player full stop, Of course he signed for money and career progression. Is that not what every player signs for. ?

Yet, despite being a rookie he knew more than the Manager.  You can only do that if you have the Talent to back it up and he hasn't shown us anything nearly good enough.

On such decisions careers are made or lost. Ronaldo, Harry Kane, Vardy, KDH comes to mind.

That's why you stay and prove people wrong. Or you wimp out which is what I believe he chose to do.

I've seen all kinds of players ruin good careers for all kinds of reasons. Clearly no one else wants him so I hope he knuckles down work hard and shows what he's made off,.

Though we'll have to wait and see how he progresses against two old timers in JJ and Ricky.  

He may not have stayed last season and proved Enzo wrong by playing a position he didn't feel comfortable with but you could argue that going to Bologna, playing a big part in their team and helping them qualify for the CL in what he sees is his natural position is certainly a case of him proving himself right. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bptiger said:

Then if we where going to spent 30 million on soule, then why is it a problem to spend 25 million on him 

Perhaps if we offered that for him we know Celtic will agree and then we’d have to pay it, when perhaps we don’t really want to and maybe we just want to be linked to targets that “oh dear” we didn’t get. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Solihullfox said:

Perhaps if we offered that for him we know Celtic will agree and then we’d have to pay it, when perhaps we don’t really want to and maybe we just want to be linked to targets that “oh dear” we didn’t get. 

Or maybe if we put an offer in celtic will try and have our pants down and demand 30m. They may accept a much lesser offer from atalanta, once they’ve accepted that offer we can swoop in offering a similar fee saving ourselves millions :D 

Word on the street up here today is that Atalanta have now offered £20m+ with a 20% sell on. Makes sense given they offloaded Miranchuk for decent money midweek. I reckon that'll be enough for us to part with him now unless someone else comes in and sparks a bidding war.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

Word on the street up here today is that Atalanta have now offered £20m+ with a 20% sell on. Makes sense given they offloaded Miranchuk for decent money midweek. I reckon that'll be enough for us to part with him now unless someone else comes in and sparks a bidding war.

He was a player that I really wanted Leicester to pursue . He appears to be exactly what we need & if we had the money for Soule surely we can afford O'Riley.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Muzzy_Larsson said:

also the fact Koopmeiners could be on the way out too, with Juve already having 1 bid rejected for him, and more than likely gonna come back in again

and O'Riley will head to Atalanta to replace him etc; never any chance he comes to us or Southampton tbf unless we offered stupid wages

since Atalanta have UCL football and are always in around the top 6 in serie a too

Edited by FrankieADZ
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

He was a player that I really wanted Leicester to pursue . He appears to be exactly what we need & if we had the money for Soule surely we can afford O'Riley.

We have the money. We can afford him. He prefers elsewhere. It’s not anyone’s fault.