Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Matt O’Riley - signed for Brighton

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

It’s impressive how many people know the club’s finances better than the club does, and are in a position to definitively state who we can and cannot afford. You lot should get on the phone to Top asap and let him know before it’s too late…

I’ve often thought this, the club need to start employing some of these experts! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

It’s impressive how many people know the club’s finances better than the club does, and are in a position to definitively state who we can and cannot afford. You lot should get on the phone to Top asap and let him know before it’s too late…

No but it’s a good guess that the rumours coming about us trying to sign a £30m player are probably false. I hope I’m wrong but doesn’t seem likely

Matt O'Riley's dream club to play for is Man City due to the style of play so we would have had a better chance of attracting him with Maresca here. He has been a player of interest for the club for a while though so it wouldnt surprise me if he was one of the options to replace Dewbury Hall.

6 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

wish they’d done it two seasons ago to be fair…

Posted (edited)

If the finances work out, I don't see why he wouldn't want to come here.

Forest attracted some decent individuals after promotion and, after all, we're a Premier League club.

Just look at Ross Barkley. All he had to do was look good in a team that, while giving it a go, would've been cast firmly adrift if not for points deductions. Now he's at a Champions League club.

If O'Riley can be good for us, no matter how well the team does overall, he'll have a lot of suitors whether we stay up or not.

Edited by ALC Fox
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Gotta love the armchair experts

• Like 1

I’m sure it would be affordable based on the amortised stuff over the contract. And I’m sure he would come to us being Premier League and a step up from where he is now.

The question is whether there are more attractive options in the PL and more pay on offer.

The fact that he would be a key player here could help.

• Like 2

Nothing in the Percy article about who is going to replace KDH. Whether O’Riley would be interested I don’t know although there are Denmark connections at Leicester. I just hope we are not going to get someone of this calibre because even if Wilf signs Leicester are very short in midfield 

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, enmac said:

Why has he only played 2 games for Denmark?

Their manager very openly has claimed that the scottish league is not good enough and he doesn’t want to call up players not playing at a high level. 

Bit harsh on the lad. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Their manager very openly has claimed that the scottish league is not good enough and he doesn’t want to call up players not playing at a high level. 

Bit harsh on the lad. 

Good reason to leave Celtic, then.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, enmac said:

Good reason to leave Celtic, then.

I think that’s the main reason he will be gone. 

But interestingly, he can still swap allegiances and the danish fans are quite alarmed that if he moves and plays well that Norway will be all over him…. or he can actually switch to england. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

Jesus he is a 10 million pound player max.

No player playing in the SPL is worth more than that.

It's like putting that value on a league 1 player because that is the standard 

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Jesus he is a 10 million pound player max.

No player playing in the SPL is worth more than that.

It's like putting that value on a league 1 player because that is the standard 

Saying no player there is worth over £10m is about as outdated as the term "SPL"

18 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Saying no player there is worth over £10m is about as outdated as the term "SPL"

O’Riley / Kyogo are probably 2 of the only ones you’d argue would fetch more than that currently. 

That said, Lewis Ferguson IMO is the shining example that there are players in Scotland that can go on and be top players given the chance. His injury is extremely unfortunate as he was showing all the signs of going to the very top.

O’Riley could easily be on the same trajectory. 

• Like 2