Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Matt O’Riley - signed for Brighton

I just love you lot.

So matt o'rily who plays in a scottish pub league side is now better than Callum O'Hare that plays in the Championship.

FFS make up your minds. Or we just using it to put forward a piss poor argument.

Anyone reading this forum would think and rightly so. What a bunch of morons.

So what is the Scottish prem?

Pub league.   Or

Better than the championship.

It can't be both.

I'd rather a championship player.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I just love you lot.

So matt o'rily who plays in a scottish pub league side is now better than Callum O'Hare that plays in the Championship.

FFS make up your minds. Or we just using it to put forward a piss poor argument.

Pub league.   Or

It can't be both.

Forget the league bit mate. MOR is a far better player than O’Hare

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Edingleyfox said:

If £20m plus add-ons is the figure this would seem much less of a gamble than Soule at the same sort of price and more of a direct KDH replacement. I'm worried that we only have 2 established premiership central midfielders and at the moment nobody that adds goals on a regular basis.

Serie A is a far better standard than the SPL. Whilst i back O'Riley to be good enough for the PL, Soule scored 11 times last season for a very mediocre Serie A team. He's box office.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Serie A is a far better standard than the SPL. Whilst i back O'Riley to be good enough for the PL, Soule scored 11 times last season for a very mediocre Serie A team. He's box office.

Having already Fatawu on the right, I’d rather spend our limited budget on a central attacking midfielder than another right sided winger.

Agree that Soule is a better footballer than O’Riley, but do we need him? We definitely definitely need to fill the gap left by KDH, as a priority 

56 minutes ago, sylofox said:

I just love you lot.

Pub league.   Or

It can't be both.

If you’d rather OHare than ORiley you need your eyes checking. Van dijk played in the spl, so did Andy Robertson. ORiley is 23 I doubt he’s going to be stuck in the spl all his career

9 minutes ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

If you’d rather OHare than ORiley you need your eyes checking. Van dijk played in the spl, so did Andy Robertson. ORiley is 23 I doubt he’s going to be stuck in the spl all his career

Ok, but Vardy played in the Championship, so did Maddison, so did Mahrez, etc etc.

3 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Ok, but Vardy played in the Championship, so did Maddison, so did Mahrez, etc etc.

And? No one is doubting that good players have played in the championship. @sylofox however seems to be insinuating that because a player plays in the SPFL, they aren't as good as those in the Championship. Which is clearly nonsense. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, JimJams said:

Yeah so what, my point is that the league doesn’t equal a players ceiling. Oriley is far and away a better player than Ohare, the leagues they play in shouldn’t come into the debate considering they are of a similar standard

4 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Atalanta's bid was £15m apparently. Rejected. Word on the street is £20m + £5m in add-ons gets this done. 

Word on the street??????

Do those on the streets of Notts really know what is happening, my guess is no.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, hackneyfox said:

Word on the street??????

Do those on the streets of Notts really know what is happening, my guess is no.

Apologies,, should it have read “the internet says…”

quite right for picking me up on that 🙄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Having already Fatawu on the right, I’d rather spend our limited budget on a central attacking midfielder than another right sided winger.

Agree that Soule is a better footballer than O’Riley, but do we need him? We definitely definitely need to fill the gap left by KDH, as a priority 

Soule is as much a #10 as he is a winger but I do agree we need a top class #8 as thr number one priority. I was hoping for £20-25m we could get two players in of the ilk of Gronbaek and Nanasi but I won't turn my nose up is we get Soule, he's unreal.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JimJams said:

Yeah but Rab Douglas played in the Scottish  league…

:ph34r:

10 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Forget the league bit mate. MOR is a far better player than O’Hare

9 hours ago, Scotch said:

It doesn't have to be both. Just because the Championship is a better league, doesn't mean every single player is a better player to those in the SPFL. 

9 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

9 hours ago, Scotch said:

And? No one is doubting that good players have played in the championship. @sylofox however seems to be insinuating that because a player plays in the SPFL, they aren't as good as those in the Championship. Which is clearly nonsense. 

WHHOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH

I'm insinuating nothing.

What I'm saying is so many on here claim the SPL is a shite league anyone could manage celtic in and win it. They then claim the championship is a way better league.

But now said pub league player is way better than a player from the championship. Having only seen said player in the pub league but want him in the Prem.

I'm so glad some of you don't run our club. As badly as it is run atm it could be way worse.

He may stand out playing where he does atm but that don't make him a better player.

20 plus M on a pub league player ffs 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 

Then you will all flag Rudkin off 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, sylofox said:

WHHOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH

I'm insinuating nothing.

What I'm saying is so many on here claim the SPL is a shite league anyone could manage celtic in and win it. They then claim the championship is a way better league.

But now said pub league player is way better than a player from the championship. Having only seen said player in the pub league but want him in the Prem.

I'm so glad some of you don't run our club. As badly as it is run atm it could be way worse.

He may stand out playing where he does atm but that don't make him a better player.

20 plus M on a pub league player ffs 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 

Then you will all flag Rudkin off 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 

MOR is linked with Atletico Madrid, Atalanta and West Ham. 
COH is linked with Sheffield United. 

Were you spouting the same bilge about Henrik Larson when Jordan Rhodes was around? 

As for the rest of your logical prolapse, you can be a great player in a supposed rubbish league and still be a better player than an average player in a better league. 

7 minutes ago, Stopharage said:

MOR is linked with Atletico Madrid, Atalanta and West Ham. 
COH is linked with Sheffield United. 

Were you spouting the same bilge about Henrik Larson when Jordan Rhodes was around? 

As for the rest of your logical prolapse, you can be a great player in a supposed rubbish league and still be a better player than an average player in a better league. 

You can also be a huge waste of money we don't have.

I'm not even going through the list of players we've bought to the prem since 2016 that could not cut it. Players that never got a look in or got picked because what we had wasted on them.

We ain't in the position where we can waste 20 plus mill on a gamble we need proven players.

• Haha 1