Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Matt O’Riley - signed for Brighton

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

WHHOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH

I'm insinuating nothing.

What I'm saying is so many on here claim the SPL is a shite league anyone could manage celtic in and win it. They then claim the championship is a way better league.

But now said pub league player is way better than a player from the championship. Having only seen said player in the pub league but want him in the Prem.

I'm so glad some of you don't run our club. As badly as it is run atm it could be way worse.

He may stand out playing where he does atm but that don't make him a better player.

20 plus M on a pub league player ffs 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 

Then you will all flag Rudkin off 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 

Both things can be true:

1. The Championship is better than the SPL.

2. A particular SPL player is be better than a particular Championship player. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, sylofox said:

WHHOOOOOOSSSSSHHHHH

I'm insinuating nothing.

What I'm saying is so many on here claim the SPL is a shite league anyone could manage celtic in and win it. They then claim the championship is a way better league.

But now said pub league player is way better than a player from the championship. Having only seen said player in the pub league but want him in the Prem.

I'm so glad some of you don't run our club. As badly as it is run atm it could be way worse.

He may stand out playing where he does atm but that don't make him a better player.

20 plus M on a pub league player ffs 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 

Then you will all flag Rudkin off 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆 🤣 😂 😹 

If this is a rustle, it's impressive. 

18 hours ago, Scotch said:

And? No one is doubting that good players have played in the championship. @sylofox however seems to be insinuating that because a player plays in the SPFL, they aren't as good as those in the Championship. Which is clearly nonsense. 

18 hours ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Yeah so what, my point is that the league doesn’t equal a players ceiling. Oriley is far and away a better player than Ohare, the leagues they play in shouldn’t come into the debate considering they are of a similar standard

The "so what" is just to point out that there's no real relevance of the talent of players who have frequented the same league. It's got no baring on who the better player is out of O'Riley and O'Hare.  Which I'd imagine is your point somewhat, but if it is then bringing up past players in the division is moot. We can name top draw players from anywhere, it doesn't aid the comparison.  When bringing their respective divisions into it, you can make a case for which you think is stronger, and why that might make one player superior but reeling off some former decent players doesn't really do that.

13 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Van Dijk turned into such a terrible defender from Celtic....just saying. 

And Benkovic was supposedly better than VVD...

42 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

Sources: Leicester in pole position to sign top Celtic ace, with transfer record under serious threat
James Holland 1 hour ago
Celtic duo Matt O'Riley and Kyogo Furuhashi with Leicester badge
A Celtic ace has emerged as a key target for Leicester

Leicester City are pushing to win the race for Celtic star Matt O’Riley amid rival interest from Atalanta, Everton and Southampton, TEAMtalk can reveal.

O’Riley was born in London and came through the Fulham academy before going on to join MK Dons and then landing at Celtic in January 2022. The midfielder, who can play in any of the No 6, No 8 and No 10 roles, joined Celtic for an initial £1.5million in January 2022, and that transfer has proven to be a great piece of business.

O’Riley has since made a name for himself as one of the best players in the Scottish Premiership and arguably Celtic’s most valuable star.

They shoot, they score!!! Get 2 pizzas at Pizza Hut, any size for just £20! Better yet, we'll also throw in a 1.5L Pepsi Max **T&C's apply**

The left-footed ace registered a hugely impressive 19 goals and 18 assists in 49 games for Celtic last term, helping the Hoops win a league and cup double.

O’Riley thought he had done enough to force his way into the Denmark squad for Euro 2024, as he is eligible to represent them through his mother’s side, but the 23-year-old narrowly missed the cut.

O’Riley has since decided that he wants to secure a big move this summer to put himself in the shop window more and ensure that he can become a crucial player for Denmark in the future.

Atalanta have held several rounds of talks with Celtic over a possible deal, but Leicester have since barged into the chase.

Just now, lcfc sheff said:

we'd be really competitive in all comps if we signed him and soule. I don't think this rumour is true mainly financially but id love for it be.

There are too many rumours from too many good sources for it to be completely unfounded - the club is clearly very interested in this player. That doesn’t mean we’ll get him, but it sounds like we’ll push hard for it. 

1 hour ago, Edingleyfox said:

Would do well I think but  seems unlikely with PSR rules. It would really be kicking the can down the road unless someone else is leaving for a decent fee.

We can probably afford to spend around 60-70m this summer. 

It would have an impact of around 12m-14m on our amortisation.

As long as we keep wages under control.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Would do well I think but  seems unlikely with PSR rules. It would really be kicking the can down the road unless someone else is leaving for a decent fee.

Decent fee!  Ward??

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

There are too many rumours from too many good sources for it to be completely unfounded - the club is clearly very interested in this player. That doesn’t mean we’ll get him, but it sounds like we’ll push hard for it. 

I think there is truth we have scouted him, its been documented for a few windows. whether or not we're actually in the running is a different story.

2 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I think there is truth we have scouted him, its been documented for a few windows. whether or not we're actually in the running is a different story.

I was actually referring to Soule, not O’Riley. I forgot what thread I was in…🙄

• Haha 2