Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Matt O’Riley - signed for Brighton

8 hours ago, BlackFox said:

So we're after both O'riley

and Soule? 

O'Riley feels like a KDH replacement. 

Soule feels like a gap we have in the squad for an number 10

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Finances say we can't get both 

What are our finances? Signing both over 5 years, would probably only amount to around £10m to £12m per year. I'm sure there is money to spend, it's just about being a little creative in how we do it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

What are our finances? Signing both over 5 years, would probably only amount to around £10m to £12m per year. I'm sure there is money to spend, it's just about being a little creative in how we do it.

I think a lot of people just look at the headline signing fees and assume we can't afford them without considering how the cost might be spread. Avoiding a PSR breach is more about wage bill management than transfer fees. And I suspect the sponsorship deal with BC Game has swelled our transfer budget considerably.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

How do you know?

Over the last two summers our wage bill must have halved. We've had a lot of deadwood leave and money come in from transfers. 

2 hours ago, TommyK said:

How do you know?

Over the last two summers our wage bill must have halved. We've had a lot of deadwood leave and money come in from transfers. 

I know and see everything....I know what you did last week...shame on you :ph34r:

2 hours ago, TommyK said:

How do you know?

As it stands I think the wage bill has reduced by  £170,000 per week with departures and increased by £80,000 per week with the return of Soumare and Kristianson. Saving £90,000 per week overall which is £4.5m per year.

6 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Our finances are perfectly fine and much better than most clubs.

The PSR was casuing us issues however the 3 year period as ended now so we can spend again.

Finances are great

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

the 3 year period as ended now so we can spend again.

well-yes-but-actually-no-meme-2.jpg

They're rolling 3 year periods, not fixed ones, so they never truly "end", one year just drops off.

The year we got relegated and took massive financial losses (the year we're being deducted points for) still very much "counts."

However, our amortisation and our wage bill have both reduced significantly, we've got a large amount of prize money for promotion, we sold Barnes, Madders and KDH and just made up a new company to be "sponsored" a silly amount of money by. So, yknow. Yes we can probably get ourselves back in to an amortisation hole with a few new £25 players but lets not act like we've got fat stacks to burn either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Our finances are perfectly fine and much better than most clubs.

The PSR was casuing us issues however the 3 year period as ended now so we can spend again.

Finances are great

You are right in one sense, but the 'three year period' is rolling unfortunately. So although we now look and hope to be clear of any 23/24 sanctions with the settlements for Enzo and his team and KDH, we still have a tight budget for this season.

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

Yes we can probably get ourselves back in to an amortisation hole with a few new £25 players

If this is Rudkin's strategy now, amortisation of £5 per year on 5 year contracts, I'm down for it. Cheap as chips. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

We probably can get both assuming that we are going to sell more players before the window closes.

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Actually probably shouldn't tell jokes, apparently he's a qualified solicitor these days. Don't want to get @Mark in trouble.

He'd still manage to miss any obvious chance to have you for slander 

• Haha 1

On 16/07/2024 at 08:46, fox_favourite said:

On 16/07/2024 at 08:58, Grebfromgrebland said:

We might not get either

19 hours ago, davieG said:

Re finances I'm sure they know what they're doing.

Oh wait!!!

IMG_8628.jpeg

On 16/07/2024 at 03:46, fox_favourite said:

one thing that’s escaped a lot of people on here is that the main reason we couldn’t  comply was wages… last year was an anomaly because we didn’t have premier league income but on paper for this season … we now no longer have the huge wages of. perez, youri, kasper, madison vardy (reduced), evans, fofana and most importantly… brendan

This was a large part of our problem, the current incoming probably take up just youris wage combined. 

So assuming the incoming players aren’t demanding 100k (reported soule is after 40k) then we should be far better off than people expect. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

we now no longer have the huge wages of. perez, youri, kasper, madison vardy (reduced), evans, fofana

You could add to that Praet, Nacho, Albrighton plus the loaned players who have returned to parent clubs (Akgun, Casadei, Doyle). There is a huge salary saving over the last 2 years. If we can offload Soumare and maybe Faes and or Daka, that must, in total, equate to over £300000 a week in savings. I appreciate the club will have to accommodate new players, but still the net gain should be huge.

Edited by MGLCFC
  • Like 2