Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HankMarvin

Matt O’Riley - signed for Brighton

19 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

You could add to that Praet, Nacho, Albrighton plus the loaned players who have returned to parent clubs (Akgun, Casadei, Doyle). There is a huge salary saving over the last 2 years. If we can offload Soumare and maybe Faes and or Daka, that must, in total, equate to over £300000 a week in savings. I appreciate the club will have to accommodate new players, but still the net gain should be huge.

definitely, albrighton was probably (deservedly) on a very high wage due to what he achieved. The only player who i’d heard was on modest terms was soyuncu, everyone else would likely be on more than anyone we sign with our new model. 

Edited by Lambert09

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

definitely, albrighton was probably (deservedly) on a very high wage due to what he achieved. The only player who i’d heard was on modest terms was soyuncu, everyone else would likely be on more than anyone we sign with our new model. 

I was led to believe Praet and Nacho were on good salaries - perhaps I'm misinformed

6 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I wonder if there’s any players Celtic would be interested in? Someone like Souttar to bring the cost down a little. 

one Souttar playing for rangers, the other for Celtic… should make the Sunday family meal intresting…

• Haha 1

Agree Leicester do need an attacking midfielder. Clearly  the money is there looking at the Soule thread. Whether he would be interested I don't know. Not sure what people think about Smith-Rowe as an alternative I can see a few offers have come in from London sides

Just now, Edingleyfox said:

Agree Leicester do need an attacking midfielder. Clearly  the money is there looking at the Soule thread. Whether he would be interested I don't know. Not sure what people think about Smith-Rowe as an alternative I can see a few offers have come in from London sides

ESR would be great. Cooper knows him well from England U17 WC win. Just don't think he'd leave London. He's very much a 'London lad'

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

O'Riley is the one we should push for. Out of all the rumoured targets, he's the one we need  the most, looking at the current make up of the squad.

If we got in no one else but O'Riley, I think we'd be competitive at least. Giving ourselves a real good chance of staying up.

It would be great to use one of our fringe players to get the price down

Thing is, I doubt it'd be Souttar, as he is a Rangers fan

I think the problem is in a player like Soule, the club might feel they are covering two positions of need (right winger, CAM) in one player. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

ESR would be great. Cooper knows him well from England U17 WC win. Just don't think he'd leave London. He's very much a 'London lad'

He could live in Herts where all the other Arsenal players live and be at Seagrave in less than 90mins if he put his foot down.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I wonder if there’s any players Celtic would be interested in? Someone like Souttar to bring the cost down a little. 

Danny Ward??  Back up to Kasper?  Get in Stowell and they will be sorted.

4 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Where do you think Winks lives then ? 🤔 

3 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Where do you think Winks lives then ? 🤔 

He lives in Nottingham doesn't he?

44 minutes ago, Tuna said:

He lives in Nottingham doesn't he?

I thought he still lived in London, maybe I'm wrong . Point still stands kasper, Huth and Drinkwater stayed in Cheshire while playing for us . 

No reason why London boys couldn't do the same .

I don't see us actually in for O'Riley.

We will be careful with our spending as we will likely get relegated this season - which O'Riley wouldn't want to stick around for, surely.

I suspect we'll do a lot of loan business to avoid being lumbered with expensive contracts and even more trouble with PSR whether PL or EFL - and spending big on O'Riley is the opposite of a prudent approach.

45 minutes ago, shen said:

I don't see us actually in for O'Riley.

We will be careful with our spending as we will likely get relegated this season - which O'Riley wouldn't want to stick around for, surely.

I suspect we'll do a lot of loan business to avoid being lumbered with expensive contracts and even more trouble with PSR whether PL or EFL - and spending big on O'Riley is the opposite of a prudent approach.

You Gotta Believe !!!

It's too early to say until we hear our deduction but we have the talent to stay up. MOR would be the game changer in the battle !!