Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxes_Trust

Foxes Trust Update – Shirt Sponsorship

19 hours ago, phoneticerror said:

I get that worry, but I’m not sure loads of kids in Nottingham started to invest in new boilers a few seasons ago 😂

I’ll let myself out.

We know all about @Ric Flairinvesting in boilers from EMAIL IDOL a few years back.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

We’ve been over all of this above. Proxies etc yes. But it’s still not the same as gambling. You can fake ID etc and use photoshop etc, but a lot are using front facing cameras to scan you in real time to cross check against the ID which is also checked for authenticity.

Kids can do many things with computers, but you can’t give them money to bet that they don’t have in the first place. And they cannot really trick the system here.

I’m pretty bored discussing all this now tbh.

You're missing the point. Kids are tech savvy to an extent you wouldn't believe and will get around this one way or another. 

With less reputable companies, and there are a lot of them, it's easier.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Bilo said:

You're missing the point. Kids are tech savvy to an extent you wouldn't believe and will get around this one way or another. 

With less reputable companies, and there are a lot of them, it's easier.

I think you’re missing the point too. Show me a child who can be bothered to try (and successfully) break 3D facial recognition software to gamble their £5 pocket money and I’ll be impressed before I’m concerned. I’m pretty done discussing it tbh, I stopped replying last night to the other guy. Don’t mean to sound rude. Just tired of it all.

Edited by phoneticerror

Just now, phoneticerror said:

I think you’re missing the point too. Show me a child who can be bothered to break 3D facial recognition software to gamble their £5 pocket money and I’ll be impressed. I’m pretty done discussing it, I stopped replying last night to the other guy.

Jesus.

We're not talking about Year 7s trying to set themselves on William Hill.com with their Go Henry card. 

We're talking about 15-17 year olds working out how to set themselves up on sites with much more lax security measures. The Gambling Commission, government and multiple charities admit it's a problem. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

I think you’re missing the point too. Show me a child who can be bothered to try (and successfully) break 3D facial recognition software to gamble their £5 pocket money and I’ll be impressed before I’m concerned. I’m pretty done discussing it tbh, I stopped replying last night to the other guy. Don’t mean to sound rude. Just tired of it all.

Get some rest my friend, maybe do some yoga, meditation or go to gurdwara and listen to some kirtan. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

Jesus.

We're not talking about Year 7s trying to set themselves on William Hill.com with their Go Henry card. 

We're talking about 15-17 year olds working out how to set themselves up on sites with much more lax security measures. The Gambling Commission, government and multiple charities admit it's a problem. 

You called?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Jesus.

We’re just going around in circles bud. I’m trying to see it from everybody’s side, but there is a lot of repetition

4 minutes ago, phoneticerror said:

We’re just going around in circles bud. I’m trying to see it from everybody’s side, but there is a lot of repetition

@Bilohe is just miserable.  I remember meeting him 20 years ago, he had floppy hair and was such a good kid, he had a girlfriend.  Maybe he is upset she fancied me.

We could ask Walkers Crisps to sponsor us again, who at the time I think used high saturated oils, and the obvious huge amounts of plastic in the packaging. They are part of PepsiCo that for years fed us huge amounts of sugar in their soft drinks.

I do think the way things are changing that if we did get an offer from Walkers we would be getting people complaining.

Just crack on, gambling has been around forever in one form or another and will be for as long as the world carries on.

In the meantime the Foxes Trust gets further away from the club and the divide wont be mended and so will be a useless vehicle, if they are not already. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

@Bilohe is just miserable.  I remember meeting him 20 years ago, he had floppy hair and was such a good kid, he had a girlfriend.  Maybe he is upset she fancied me.

I'd touch my toes for you tbf.

Just wondering is there any ethical Premier League club? 

All the money is pretty dirty. I think really for the people that have strong views about this it might be time to find new past time. Football, the Premier League is riddled to the core with corruption, greed, dirty money, it unlikely to change. 

9 hours ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Just wondering is there any ethical Premier League club? 

All the money is pretty dirty. I think really for the people that have strong views about this it might be time to find new past time. Football, the Premier League is riddled to the core with corruption, greed, dirty money, it unlikely to change. 

I think the point a lot of people are missing (including the trust.... surprise surprise) is that it's not just the gambling element, it's the fact this is us clearly illegally funneling money into the club through our owners. 

We're the little guys, when this comes crashing down it'll be us that gets the book thrown at us, not the top teams. 

It's us, Crystal Palace, Everton, Wolves who are all doing these dodgy deals. Not the big teams.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

I think the point a lot of people are missing (including the trust.... surprise surprise) is that it's not just the gambling element, it's the fact this is us clearly illegally funneling money into the club through our owners. 

We're the little guys, when this comes crashing down it'll be us that gets the book thrown at us, not the top teams. 

It's us, Crystal Palace, Everton, Wolves who are all doing these dodgy deals. Not the big teams.

The trust cannot make your first point, that's unproven, although most likely true. Would imagine they get the book thrown at them if they start making unsubstantiated claims like that.

6 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

The trust cannot make your first point, that's unproven, although most likely true. Would imagine they get the book thrown at them if they start making unsubstantiated claims like that.

They could have easily worded something in a particular way, such as "clear links to how questionable this company is and whether it's even a real company" or "we're worried that we appear to be being sponsored by a brand whose holding company is listed in a tax haven for no apparent reason"

Not lible that is it, just questions/opinions backed up by research.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

I think the big teams are doing it too, or certainly have done, like Chelsea selling hotels, Inflated transfers, mysterious deals to Saudi, United getting record sponsorships despite being absolutely garbage on the field. The whole game is utterly rotten really, the big 6 have always done deals but now we are forced to to 'comply with rules'. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

So?

A site full of posters begging for illegal streams every week and openly discussing buying illegal kits is now suddenly upset because the team is doing something illegal?

“They must be held to a higher morale standard than I hold myself” LOL

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, marbles said:

So?

A site full of posters begging for illegal streams every week and openly discussing buying illegal kits is now suddenly upset because the team is doing something illegal?

My thoughts exactly. If you don't like the shirt, the sponsors, or their logo, and the prices being charged then don't buy one.

Anyone who buys a knock off job is simply funding illegal sweatshops exploiting kids, and also diverting sales away from the club. These same people then moan about a lack of ability to raise revenues for bringing in new players or failing psr

• Like 2

It's not great is it, as many have articulated but I can't see us being sponsored by Abel & Cole or Ecover anytime soon. 2027 will hopefully be a reset for betting on club shirts.

I'm indifferent to it, I've had a handful of bets in my life but empathise it can cause some people real issues. The financial pressure to comply with PSR will push us into the hands of the highest bidder.

21 minutes ago, marbles said:

So?

As I believe I've explained to you previously, people ask for illegal streams because in this country even if you spend thousands of pounds annually on TV subscriptions there is no legal way to watch the vast majority of games unless you physically attend them, not because they are immoral thieves

4 minutes ago, Guest said:

As I believe I've explained to you previously, people ask for illegal streams because in this country even if you spend thousands of pounds annually on TV subscriptions there is no legal way to watch the vast majority of games unless you physically attend them, not because they are immoral thieves

Hang on a sec, nah.

You are literally saying something is OK because unless you are attending in person you can't watch it, so its OK to bend the rules. People also stream because they don't want to pay for Sky. Weak argument 

10 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Hang on a sec, nah.

You are literally saying something is OK because unless you are attending in person you can't watch it, so its OK to bend the rules. People also stream because they don't want to pay for Sky. Weak argument 

I literally did not say it's OK, I said that's why people do it. If you want to invent and dismiss arguments I haven't made then by all means crack on, I was merely trying to explain to someone from a country where it is far easier to legally access sports why it is that we get so many people asking for streams.

There's a lot of "your missing the point" and ideology going in here like all of a sudden us city fans are on par with Greta Thunberg on the morality and ethical  stakes.

Think most points have been highlighted numerous times but we are still going around in circles.

Its almost like some posters just want the others to say "yeah your right"