Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loaned to Stoke

For me that makes sense. He isnt going to get in the team in the prem. Go to the championship for the season and play every week. If he does well (which i am sure he will playing regularly) and we go down we have a ready made replacement for Vardy. If we stay up we have the option to sell him (likely for a profit) to a championship club or we use him in the prem. 

Makes sense all round. 

• Like 2

Would make sense to loan him to a championship club, he's not getting much game time, would be better for his development to play 40 odd games in the championship next season.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

With the other options currently, I would imagine he starts the season as first choice striker - with Vardy coming on late in games.

100% we are bring in a striker

Edited by coolhandfox

2 minutes ago, Kp1984 said:

I’m I’m baffled as to why people are happy for him to go on loan. He came in why Daka was at afcon and realy impressed scored a few and look very exciting. Then for some odd reason enzo went get on the bench cannon Daka your in. Ever since then all I hear fans say is  not sure he’s good enough maybe send him on loan. Just think it’s wierd 

Because we are in the Premier League now and are currently relying on a 38 year old, Cannon who barely played and Patson Daka.

We need better options. Loaning him out could either mean we can sell him for a decent fee or we have a player back with us with more confidence.

4 minutes ago, Kp1984 said:

I’m I’m baffled as to why people are happy for him to go on loan. He came in why Daka was at afcon and realy impressed scored a few and look very exciting. Then for some odd reason enzo went get on the bench cannon Daka your in. Ever since then all I hear fans say is  not sure he’s good enough maybe send him on loan. Just think it’s wierd 

He won't play and we need him to get minutes for the following season. He did look good in the games he came in for but not sure he will get the chances this season. We will probably get a decent loan fee too so really it makes total sense. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I'm really torn on this. Vardy turns 38 this season. I know he's incredible still but this could be the season his legs go.

On the other hand, Vardy could still be our main man. And if we bring in someone else then Cannon has another season playing a bit part.

Cannon needs games, so as long as we have options I'm happy for him to go out on loan. But if we don't, we need an instant recall option, which I guess few clubs would agree to.

Edited by ALC Fox

Cooper at least needs to look at him

and put him in for a few pre season fixtures (once they are arranged). Looked decent when he came in but had so little chance cannot say how he would fare in Prem

• Like 1

Might as well have a look at him...with so few good centre forwards around we are going to have to pull some rabbits out of hats to find someone cheap as almost every side in the division could use an upgrade at striker. Is Cannon really a worse option to keep than Daka?

Only Man City, Newcastle, Villa, Bournemouth, Palace, Forest and Wolves should be happy with having a reliable option currently and the last two of those are debateable.

Name Club App Goals
Erling Haaland Manchester City 31 27
Alexander Isak Newcastle United 30 21
Ollie Watkins Aston Villa 37 19
Dominic Solanke AFC Bournemouth 38 19
Jean-Philippe Mateta Crystal Palace 35 16
Nicolas Jackson Chelsea FC 35 14
Chris Wood Nottingham Forest 31 14
Matheus Cunha Wolverhampton Wanderers 32 12
Hee-chan Hwang Wolverhampton Wanderers 29 12
Julián Álvarez Manchester City 36 11
Darwin Núñez Liverpool FC 36 11
Carlton Morris Luton Town 38 11
Richarlison Tottenham Hotspur 28 11
Rasmus Højlund Manchester United 30 10
Elijah Adebayo Luton Town 27 10
João Pedro Brighton & Hove Albion 31 9
Rodrigo Muniz Fulham FC 26 9
Callum Wilson Newcastle United 20 9
Dominic Calvert-Lewin Everton FC 32 7
Odsonne Edouard Crystal Palace 30 7

For me, the biggest issue with this is that it indicates there's no departure on the horizon for Daka. Even though I expect a striker to come in, I don't imagine we will sign two so if Cannon goes on loan, I imagine Daka will stay and I'd much prefer it the other way around. 

Give him pre season and properly assess. But if he isn't going to be in the team, loan him out to allow him to develop. Regular first team football in the Championship will help us assess Cannon for 12 months time - especially if we are in the Championship due to the deduction.

I think he's talented but 400 minutes or whatever in the PL isn't going to do him many favours, his finishing was fairly smart last season but his otherwise ineffective in side with so much of the ball.

A loan is best but whilst our striking options are Vardy who'll never stay fit for the whole season and Daka, he'll probably stick around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kp1984 said:

Is the odd reason the fact that Daka is a significantly better striker than Tom Cannon at this point in his career? 

You're right, that's straight up spooky weird. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Is the odd reason the fact that Daka is a significantly better striker than Tom Cannon at this point in his career? 

You're right, that's straight up spooky weird. 

People seem to forget Daka has a pretty decent record in the PL minutes wise a goal every 3 games.