Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loaned to Stoke

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/07/2024 at 09:03, Tommy Fresh said:

You've still got to be in a certain position to be able to provide an assist though haven't you? The one against Leeds seemed like a corner routine aimed at the front post for someone to flick on but each to their own. He wasn't used at all at the start of the season at all, which played a big part.

On 09/07/2024 at 09:06, AKCJ said:

Didn't play in the first half of the season when we were incredible. Did play in the second half of the season when we were shite.

On 09/07/2024 at 09:35, Tommy Fresh said:

Did play in the build up to Christmas when we were very good

Hard to pick a player that's not fit.

We signed him with a hip? I think it was injured. Didn't start training until November.

Then he had problems after the games he played. I'm not sure he was 100% fit at any point last season.

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

We signed him with a hip? I think it was injured. Didn't start training until November.

Then he had problems after the games he played. I'm not sure he was 100% fit at any point last season.

Stress fracture in his back I think it was.

The club knew about it beforehand so he was obviously one they wanted for the future.

Or to help Everton with their PSR because we're nice. One or the other.

1 minute ago, James_lcfc said:

Stress fracture in his back I think it was.

The club knew about it beforehand so he was obviously one they wanted for the future.

Or to help Everton with their PSR because we're nice. One or the other.

That was it Thanks.

But the point still stands was he ever 100% fit.

Also players that miss the whole of pre season always seem to struggle and yes we knew he was injured.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

That was it Thanks.

But the point still stands was he ever 100% fit.

Also players that miss the whole of pre season always seem to struggle and yes we knew he was injured.

No, I agree - Never looked particularly fit.

I was impressed with what I saw though. Looked strong and was always quick to get a powerful and accurate shot off.

Fully fit and sharp I think he'd be a real asset.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sylofox said:

We weren't discussing Cannon 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Dunno about those other quotes but I was talking about Daka.

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Novelty discussing the actual player the thread is about lol

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Dunno about those other quotes but I was talking about Daka.

Do you think we could get a key to thread thread ie

Cannon = Daka

Vesty = anyone quicker than a snail.

Would just be nice to know what the topic was about.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great news if we can offload another one of our flops. 

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-united-and-west-brom-battling-to-sign-former-sheffield-wednesday-and-leeds-united-target-4720125

Sheffield United, West Bromwich Albion and Stoke City are reportedly vying to sign forward Tom Cannon from Leicester City.

The 21-year-old was a wanted man last summer, with Leeds United and Sheffield Wednesdayamong the clubs who were linked with a swoop. He did leave Everton but not for Yorkshire, instead joining Leicester City on a permanent basis.

Having shone during a loan spell at Preston North End, much was expected from Cannon in his maiden Foxes campaign. However, injury and stiff competition for places limited him to 13 league outings.

He is once again being linked with a summer switch, with reporter Alan Nixon crediting Sheffield United with interest on his Patreon page. Blades boss Chris Wilder is said to be keen on landing the frontman, who represents the Republic of Ireland on the international stage.

Cannon would arguably be an ideal replacement for Oli McBurnie, who has joined Spanish side Las Palmas following the expiry of his Blades deal. 

Stoke City and West Brom are also said to be battling to strike a loan deal for Cannon, who is believed to be keen on regular game time during the 2024/25 campaign.

Sheffield United have already made five senior signings this summer, conducting some shrewd business against the backdrop of a takeover process. As well as Cannon, the Blades have been linked with former Newcastle United defender Paul Dummett and ex-Southampton winger Stuart Armstrong.

Deals are said to have been teed up for both, with Wilder reported to be waiting on funds to finalise the moves.

1 hour ago, adamkhalifa said:

So he proved himself on loan at PNE. 

We bought him in to do a job in Championship.

He lost out because of injury and the greatest player to wear a Leicester shirt. 

Then he came in. Did a job for a us. 

Then taken out unfairly in my opinion. 

We get promoted 

And now people want him to go back to Championship to prove himself again. 

I much rather we keep him please. Lets give him a chance in Premiere League. 

He should be ahead of Daka.

Absolutely, the goals he scored I'm the championship.for us were quality, dropped for daka because daka was seen to.press more. It's should be Cannon, Vardy and 1 other, tell daka to.find another club 

Ironically, both Cannon and Daka prefer (suit) playing in a two. We should give that a go in pre-season first before binning them off. 

We need another striker regardless so may as well go with four 

• Like 1

I don’t dislike Cannon but he seems to get a much easier ride than Daka. Daka was, demonstrably, better than Cannon at almost everything last season. (Btw I’m not saying Daka is good but he was statistically better than Cannon and yet seems to get way more stick). 

• Like 3

Likely because Cannon was in his first season with us. Before the season people were thinking Daka, Vardy and Kel would all be hitting big numbers.  Cannon was an afterthought.

He’ll go on to have a decent career in the championship but I’ve never watched him and thought he’s going to become a premier league striker. I know a lot on here for some reason think the opposite but I’m not convinced. 

Edited by Samilktray

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

I don’t dislike Cannon but he seems to get a much easier ride than Daka. Daka was, demonstrably, better than Cannon at almost everything last season. (Btw I’m not saying Daka is good but he was statistically better than Cannon and yet seems to get way more stick). 

Your nuts if you think Daka was better cannon showed more in 5 games then he did all season