Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loaned to Stoke

8 hours ago, adamkhalifa said:

So he proved himself on loan at PNE. 

We bought him in to do a job in Championship.

He lost out because of injury and the greatest player to wear a Leicester shirt. 

Then he came in. Did a job for a us. 

Then taken out unfairly in my opinion. 

We get promoted 

And now people want him to go back to Championship to prove himself again. 

I much rather we keep him please. Lets give him a chance in Premiere League. 

He should be ahead of Daka.

Completely agree 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Daka was better using pretty much any metric you’d like to choose. 

Oh he scored more tap ins I stand corrected lol. Cannon came in looked realy good and was dumped on Dakad return unfairly in my opinion. Now everyone is re writing what happened and saying get him out on loan so wierd. He deserves a shit based on the sample size he showed 

• Haha 1

Just now, Kp1984 said:

Oh he scored more tap ins I stand corrected lol. Cannon came in looked realy good and was dumped on Dakad return unfairly in my opinion. Now everyone is re writing what happened and saying get him out on loan so wierd. He deserves a shit based on the sample size he showed 

A shot not shit lol 😂 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Daka was better using pretty much any metric you’d like to choose. 

Per 90 minutes, Daka scored and created more goals, attempted and completed more passes, performed more shot and goal creating actions, completed more take-ons and had more touches in every area of the pitch including the final third and opposition box than Cannon, yet apparently the former is absolutely useless and the latter deserves a chance in the Premier League. Cannon is fairly clearly third in the pecking order and aside from looking a tidy finisher I'm not sure from what I've seen of him so far what it is he's actually meant to be good at. Unless someone offers us reasonable money for Daka I think a loan suits everyone provided we can get someone decent in.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Kp1984 said:

I really am confused. I haven’t said Daka is good, nor have I said I want Cannon to go on loan. I merely stated, correctly, that statistically Daka did better than Cannon. I wasn’t using this to put down Cannon but to suggest that Daka sometimes gets unfairly criticised in relation to him. Daka had more goals and assists per match. Fewer minutes per goal involvement. I don’t particularly think he’s very good. But, he’s certainly no worse than Cannon. 

Edited by RumbleFox
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

I really am confused. I haven’t said Daka is good, nor have I said I want Cannon to go on loan. I merely stated, correctly, that statistically Daka did better than Cannon. I wasn’t using this to put down Cannon but to suggest that Daka sometimes gets unfairly criticised in relation to him. Daka had more goals and assists per match. Fewer minutes per goal involvement. I don’t particularly think he’s very good. But, he’s certainly no worse than Cannon. 

Interesting that as i would never have thought that was the case thinking back to last season. 

1 hour ago, Guest said:

Per 90 minutes, Daka scored and created more goals, attempted and completed more passes, performed more shot and goal creating actions, completed more take-ons and had more touches in every area of the pitch including the final third and opposition box than Cannon, yet apparently the former is absolutely useless and the latter deserves a chance in the Premier League. Cannon is fairly clearly third in the pecking order and aside from looking a tidy finisher I'm not sure from what I've seen of him so far what it is he's actually meant to be good at. Unless someone offers us reasonable money for Daka I think a loan suits everyone provided we can get someone decent in.

Daka played more games than cannon so I’d expect his stance to be better. Does not make him a better striker 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

In fairness, I don’t rate Cannon at all, however the stats will be skewed due to the small sample and the games he played on the wing. 

He’s good at finishing, however he’ll never get into the positions without playing in a two in my opinion. We need a False 9 / Link up striker. 

On 30/07/2024 at 16:23, Sly said:

We need a False 9 / Link up striker. 

I feel the same. If we are playing our wingers narrow, it might be worth having someone who can play in the middle and pushing mavididi and Fatawu all the way up.

I find this unlikely as if Jamie is more injured than it appears, we could loan a striker if it turns out to be so bad later in the window and use an academy lad for now

oh….

How can Leicester send Cannon on loan even with a fit Vardy? I am still perplexed as to why Cannon hasn’t had more game time in pre season. Yes if another proven striker comes in would consider it for his own development 

At least Cannon looks fairly competent, if inexperienced. I would throw him in at the deep end, it worked with Lineker and Smith decades ago, if we bring no one else in soon. I can't see Daka prospering at this level, he's the one who needs moving out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Edingleyfox said:

How can Leicester send Cannon on loan even with a fit Vardy? I am still perplexed as to why Cannon hasn’t had more game time in pre season. Yes if another proven striker comes in would consider it for his own development 

no idea why we don't give him a run

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

Why did we buy him then ?

Because we need a striker for the Championship as back up as they expected to sell Daka and Nacho was going to AFCON.

We could afford to rely on a 37 year old Vardy for 6 odd weeks.

Not to say he can't be good enough long term, but he needs to time to develop, being the main man for a championship team and playing 40 odd games would really benefit him long term.

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Because we need a striker for the Championship as back up as they expected to sell Daka and Nacho was going to AFCON.

We could afford to rely on a 37 year old Vardy for 6 odd weeks.

Not to say he can't be good enough long term, but he needs to time to develop, being the main man for a championship team and playing 40 odd games would really benefit him long term.

Did he not do that with Preston ?

If you don't play him how do you know if he will be good enough or not ?

Edited by whoareyaaa