Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loaned to Stoke

Hard to see how Cannon can be less effective than any of our current strikers (barring Vardy in his good moments).  And he has youth on his side, so if Cooper is as good as his reputation in coaching youngsters then Cannon is likely to improve, which you can hardly imagine possible for any of our other strikers.

I think the obvious solution, which is likely what's going to happen, is you loan him to the championship.  However you want to loan him to a team that's looking good for promotion and equally will get decent minutes.  If he is awesome but we don't need him, we can likely sell at a profit, especially if the club he is at gets promoted.  If he's awesome and we do need him, either in January or for next season, bring him back. He'll either be champ proven and we'll be in the champ with a striker we can hang our hat on or he'll be champ proven and we'll have kept our Prem status and he'll be ready to make the step up as our 2nd, 3rd choice probably.

If he's respectable without being remarkable, then we can probably get our money back on him anyway.  If he's dogshit then you could probably still get half what we paid.  And at worst we've got a player nobody wants.  So in terms of risk/reward if we don't look at the extremes either end best case is we double our money after a team gets a good return from him and they or a promoted side buy him, or he goes for half that because he's underwhelmed but £3-4mill is pish money for strikers even at champ level.

*If the need for funds is that desperate for this season, we at least should be getting our money back.  He was £7mill ish. 

Edited by JimJams

I have no idea whether the manger (past or present) thinks he is good enough or not, but the coaches see the players daily in training and will know far more than anyone on here what their abilities, fitness and shortcomings are.

For all we know, he could be the next Messi or simply rubbish, unfit, carrying an injury, lacking confidence or a disruptive character.

Whatever the case there is something that is not sitting right either with the player himself or the coaching staff.

There have been no noises regarding any injury/fitness issues, neither does it seem that we are desperate to offload or that he is being touted, or pushing himself, for a move elsewhere.

Perhaps the general feeling is simply that he is not ready for the PL but still one for the future.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, NasPb said:

I compared him earlier to ziyech because he plays similarly with the national team. But after analyzing I'd say he's like a gundogan at best if he reaches his potential. A really good passer and reader of the game. Good at finding tight spaces and moving through them. It's a really logical signing 

Will fill the space kdh left without a doubt. 

Gerrimin 

You most certainly did not!

3 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Swap deal with jobe ……

We can chuck in Ayew as part of the deal…..

Really don't agree with this at all, I think we should keep and develop him as one for the future.

If he really was showing as little promise as is being suggested,  why would so many others seemingly be interested in him?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Nickaj said:

Really don't agree with this at all, I think we should keep and develop him as one for the future.

If he really was showing as little promise as is being suggested,  why would so many others seemingly be interested in him?

He won't develop without playing and Cooper is the second manager who won't play him.

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

He won't develop without playing and Cooper is the second manager who won't play him.

I understand the point you are making but exactly the same could be said about a number of our younger players regarding the lack of opportunities being given to them, are we intending to sell them all?

• Like 1

Just now, Mark said:

That would be a great result

It probably doesn't represent any profit this period. 

Doesn't do a great deal for us.

He probably wouldn't have to do much on loan to maintain a value of around ~5m this time next year but if he does well we could probably double that. 

• Like 3