Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loaned to Stoke

The fact is Mav IS a winger that can play down the middle and Cannon IS a striker.  So why shunt Mav into his 2nd position and then have a weaker left winger in.  Even if you accept that Mav is a better striker than Cannon, of which we don't really have any evidence. You also have to accept that Mav is a better left winger than whoever then has to fill in there.  So shunting them about is just trading down somewhere anyway.  I'd rather play Buo false 9 in that case.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

He's not a makeshift striker that's the point , he can play on the wing or upfront.

My point is how this affects Cannon - he must think he should be given a chance as he was bought as a striker and to see someone play ahead of him who played all of last season as a winger, must be disheartening.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lesta2014 said:

Nixon reporting on cannon this morning I think, headline is Stoke face cannon frustration, imagine he ain’t going on loan now Daka out for months. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

He can’t play the role, as much as he’s looked okay he is far better on the wing. 

If we play Mavadidi upfront we won’t get anything, Spurs’ defence is just far too good. There are question marks, over Cannon, but he’s a striker, and his hold up play is decent.

If we try to play like Southampton have, and Ipswich have this weekend, Spurs will put 5 or 6 past us comfortably. We have to play in the transition, we can’t play out from the back, and we can’t look to dominate the ball. We need to set up defensively, and look to counter. We can only do this with Mavadidi and Fatawu on the wings. It just depends if Cooper does this, we know deep down he knows we can’t play a possession based game in the PL. This season is about fighting for our lives from match day one. Every game is a scrap, we need to be ****ing horrible.

Oh we will be, I'm just not sure it's the kind of horrible you mean:P

4 hours ago, JimJams said:

The fact is Mav IS a winger that can play down the middle and Cannon IS a striker.  So why shunt Mav into his 2nd position and then have a weaker left winger in.  Even if you accept that Mav is a better striker than Cannon, of which we don't really have any evidence. You also have to accept that Mav is a better left winger than whoever then has to fill in there.  So shunting them about is just trading down somewhere anyway.  I'd rather play Buo false 9 in that case.

Shunting?

49 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Fully expect us to buy David Fofana and Jordan Ayew, and letting him go to Stoke

Yep, that seems about right. Then Cooper can field his dream front 6:

Skipp, Winks, Ndidi

Ayew Fofana Reid

Lots of PL experience there!

:nono: