Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loaned to Stoke

On 21/08/2024 at 19:31, scinnell said:

I hope we are speaking to Sheffield about Hamer coming the other way.

Would be even better if they let us give them cannon and souttar permanently for hamer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, dooflip said:

Would be even better if they let us give them cannon and souttar permanently for hamer.

Hamer would be a very good signing, however I think we'd require some cash in return. Hamer's release clause is around £16m, which is roughly what we paid for Souttar. Who knows maybe your suggestion would work. Personally I'd rather sell Souttar and loan them Cannon, to see what he could do. It may mean we'd only have to pay about £5m for Hamer.  

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Hamer would be a very good signing, however I think we'd require some cash in return. Hamer's release clause is around £16m, which is roughly what we paid for Souttar. Who knows maybe your suggestion would work. Personally I'd rather sell Souttar and loan them Cannon, to see what he could do. It may mean we'd only have to pay about £5m for Hamer.  

The problem is that nobody is giving us cash in return. We can’t even give away our squad players😂

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Hopefully Cooper plays him tomorrow as I can't see Vardy lasting the full 90mins. People will moan that he's not really for the PL....just throw him in there and see what you get, if a player is motivated they will give it a go

Cannon will not play. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Hopefully Cooper plays him tomorrow as I can't see Vardy lasting the full 90mins. People will moan that he's not really for the PL....just throw him in there and see what you get, if a player is motivated they will give it a go

Cannon would give it everything. Whether that would make any difference I don't know. Cooper doesn't seem to rate him though.

• Like 2

One of life’s stranger happenings.  Looked a great bit of business when he played last season. Looked like developing into a prem striker in what we saw. However,  neither manager seems keen at all on him and a season out on loan may show him to not be quite what we hoped for. Alternatively,  he might go and bag 25 goals for a top end championship side and double his worth in the process. 

• Like 1

From our mate Nixon

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/30071579/leicester-city-transfer-tom-cannon-sheffield-united-celtic/

Leicester spark Championship transfer battle as they look to sell £7million striker Tom Cannon

LEICESTER CITY are looking to SELL striker Tom Cannon — with Sheffield United and Stoke both trying to raise the money.

The Foxes have decided to cash in on 21-year-old Cannon a year after signing him from Everton and they will seek a similar £7million fee.

As the Blades are finalising a takeover, they hoped to land him on loan for a promotion push but are now working on a loan-to-buy deal.

Stoke City are also long-term admirers of Cannon — but may be reluctant to put the money down immediately for the forward.

Cannon, who has one cap for the Republic of Ireland, is under contract for four more years but wants more game time.

Last season, he only made 13 appearances in the Championship for the Foxes.

He scored two goals and provided one assist in that time.

So far in the Premier League, he is yet to play a minute and was an unused substitute in the 1-1 draw against Tottenham.

New manager Steve Cooper left the striker out of the squad ahead of the 2-1 defeat to Fulham.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

From our mate Nixon

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/30071579/leicester-city-transfer-tom-cannon-sheffield-united-celtic/

Leicester spark Championship transfer battle as they look to sell £7million striker Tom Cannon

LEICESTER CITY are looking to SELL striker Tom Cannon — with Sheffield United and Stoke both trying to raise the money.

The Foxes have decided to cash in on 21-year-old Cannon a year after signing him from Everton and they will seek a similar £7million fee.

As the Blades are finalising a takeover, they hoped to land him on loan for a promotion push but are now working on a loan-to-buy deal.

Stoke City are also long-term admirers of Cannon — but may be reluctant to put the money down immediately for the forward.

Cannon, who has one cap for the Republic of Ireland, is under contract for four more years but wants more game time.

So far in the Premier League, he is yet to play a minute and was an unused substitute in the 1-1 draw against Tottenham.

New manager Steve Cooper left the striker out of the squad ahead of the 2-1 defeat to Fulham.

Got Szmodics and Ayew right, maybe the information tide has turned 

9 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

From our mate Nixon

Just loan him for the season. If we get relegated and he scores 15-20 goals out on loan then he’d be the perfect man to lead us back. Selling for £7 million now is pointless. Atleast we know Cooper is full of shit for saying Mavididi came on instead of him at Lens because he needed the minutes instead of the fact he doesnt rate Cannon

Edited by South Shire Fox

3 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Just loan him for the season. If we get relegated and he scores 15-20 goals out on loan then he’d be the perfect man to lead us back. Selling for £7 million now is pointless

If we can get out money back it's not pointless.

From a PSR point of view its a benefit because 7m would be more than his remaining book value.

If loan he flops we are left with another player we can't move on.

Edited by coolhandfox

Maybe Cannon wants out and a fresh start somewhere?

Came here and injured right away.

Got in their that spell around Christmas/new year and did ok only to be virtually frozen out after.

Now looks like he ain't getting a look in with Cooper and at least another Striker to come in. 

Daka I think is only a few weeks away from returning rather than the "months" initially quoted pushing Cannon further down the pecking order.

Maybe he thinks it's time to draw the line in this chapter in his career and wants out. 

1 minute ago, MGLCFC said:

Just sign Hamer for £8m and throw in Cannon as part of the deal?

I would love this to happen, I'd imagine it would want to be done as 2 individual purchases for PSR nonsense. 

Shame for Cannon, I thought he showed promise, but he needs to play. I hope he finds his feet personally.

• Like 1

Just now, Iwebema said:

I would love this to happen, I'd imagine it would want to be done as 2 individual purchases for PSR nonsense. 

Shame for Cannon, I thought he showed promise, but he needs to play. I hope he finds his feet personally.

If he can't find his feet we are better off selling now. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Maybe Cannon wants out and a fresh start somewhere?

Came here and injured right away.

Got in their that spell around Christmas/new year and did ok only to be virtually frozen out after.

Now looks like he ain't getting a look in with Cooper and at least another Striker to come in. 

Daka I think is only a few weeks away from returning rather than the "months" initially quoted pushing Cannon further down the pecking order.

Maybe he thinks it's time to draw the line in this chapter in his career and wants out. 

Thank god for that. As we’ve all seen from his time at the club, Patson is very much our saviour in waiting. Can’t wait for him to be back.

• Haha 1