Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
moore_94

Tom Cannon - loaned to Stoke

It seems like the club are signing players with the expectation that we're selling someone,  but that sale doesn't materialise.  Last summer there were rumours of Daka to Bournemouth. Maybe Cannon was signed to replace him.  Like Okoli this summer.  There were rumours of Faes,  and although Vesty signed before Okoli, perhaps the deal was started because we were unsure if the big Dane was staying. 

Trouble is the players they'd replace never left. So we have both,  and the unproven one is sat out. 

10 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see us buy or loan a full-back  before the deadline as well as a striker. 

agreed. I’m not sure Kristiensen is up to it in the prem.  Riccy P is great as an attacking fullback but I feel defensively he’s lacking…

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Cannon was and still is an absurd signing, a championship club has no business buying a £7.5 million fourth choice striker, we could have loaned someone.

I don’t think they were expecting so much from Vardy…

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

I don’t think they were expecting so much from Vardy…

He was signed because we thought Daka was leaving. We're a shambles of a club.

22 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

What a load of rubbish. We're going through a tough time but we're a brilliantly run club

lol Comedy gold!

for what it’s worth, my issue isn’t with Top, but he’s being let down by people he trusts.

13 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

What a load of rubbish. We're going through a tough time but we're a brilliantly run club

We havent been a brilliantly run club since about 2019.

The last two financial reports, the fact that the PL and EFL are queueing up to tear us a new one, that we've allowed £209m of talent to leave on a free over the last two summers, that we charged £25 for physical season cards in the face of overwhelming fan disgust, have all but suspended our future ground developments, board members apparently falling out and the team itself going from winning the FA Cup and being the brink of Champions League football to relegation in 3 years.....prove that.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, iancognito said:

The last two financial reports, the fact that the PL and EFL are queueing up to tear us a new one, that we've allowed £209m of talent to leave on a free over the last two summers, that we charged £25 for physical season cards in the face of overwhelming fan disgust, have all but suspended our future ground developments, board members apparently falling out and the team itself going from winning the FA Cup and being the brink of Champions League football to relegation in 3 years.....prove that.

:fishing: I know sarcasm isn't always easy to pick up in text, but I think it's a stretch even for this place, to possibly think we're well run!

21 minutes ago, MPH said:

huh? I even said it was comedy

Thought you were responding sarcastically to my point (as though you thought I was being serious but you thought I was talking rubbish). What have I started. This is why you don't use sarcasm...

And for clarity, there is definitely no sarcasm in this response! :D

Edited by dmayne7
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Thought you were responding sarcastically to my point (as though you thought I was being serious but you thought I was talking). What have I started. This is why you don't use sarcasm...

And for clarity, there is definitely no sarcasm in this response! :D

For a post that you claim has no sarcasm in your response ,you certainly used the word a lot. 

2 hours ago, MGLCFC said:

Just sign Hamer for £8m and throw in Cannon as part of the deal?

Hamer hasn’t got enough Prem experience. Unless you’ve played 250 games and been below average then Coops and the dream team don’t want to know 

• Haha 1

If I’m honest, if we can get £7 mill for him. I’d sell him. I’m not sure he will ever be a premier league striker. Sell to find another buy. 

what an odd signing last year. 

10 hours ago, iancognito said:

It was only 2 years! :unsure:

14 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

he must be doggo in training because he looked great when he played last season, that goal when he broke away and scored from out wide was vardyesque 

8 minutes ago, em9999 said:

I can see he's done much wrong when compared to some of the layabouts in the squad .. 

Maybe he doesn't run around like a headless chicken, that's why he doesn't get picked...plus Cooper's foes favour oldies